India A vs SA A

kaptaan

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

I was a big supporter of the zonal system. Always wanted more zonal matches for FC and List-A.  Was opposed to it when it was scrapped.

Hope it comes back but what are the realistic chances. !

We saw A-teams of Australia and SA  participating in our India Red, Blue etc. List-A tournament in 2018.  

I would love it if we have a big FC Zonal and A-team tournament.  This would allow a lot of Team India prospects to hone their skills against quality oppositions.

Problem with zonal system was that it created systemic incentives for bias and horse-trading.  That's why it was done away with. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Problem with zonal system was that it created systemic incentives for bias and horse-trading.  That's why it was done away with. 

That was partly because we had nominated  selectors from each zone earlier. With paid selectors, not on a rotation basis, that bias is largely taken care of.

50 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That was partly because we had nominated  selectors from each zone earlier. With paid selectors, not on a rotation basis, that bias is largely taken care of.

I would love for that to be true, but the selections for the zonal teams becomes a quid pro quo favor trading bazaar.  

I mean, I get the point about wanting to make the India red/blue/green games a bit more meaningful and have more of a sense of history and allegiance behind it, but I'd rather not take the risk of re-introducing the negative consequences of zonal bias etc.   You can make plans and changes with the best of intentions, but from an adminstrator perspective, you have to think of how a system can be potentially misused and abused.   Sometimes the best answer is not the ideal one, but the one that has the least scope for the truly undesirable outcomes to occur. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, kaptaan said:

The All-India Senior Selection Committee met in Mumbai to pick India A squad for the upcoming five-match one-day series against South Africa A. The one-day series will be played at The Sports Hub, Thiruvananthapuram and all five matches will be telecast live. 

Date

Match

Venue

29 August 2019

1st One Day

Thiruvananthapuram

31 August 2019

2nd One Day

Thiruvananthapuram

02 September 2019

3rd One Day

Thiruvananthapuram

04 September 2019

4th One Day

Thiruvananthapuram

06 September 2019

5th One Day

Thiruvananthapuram

India A team for 1st, 2nd and 3rd one-day:Manish Pandey (Captain), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shubman Gill, Anmolpreet Singh, Ricky Bhui, Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Vijay Shankar, Shivam Dube, Krunal Pandya, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed, Nitish Rana

India A team for 4th and 5th one-day: Shreyas Iyer (Captain), Shubman Gill, Prashant Chopra, Anmolpreet Singh, Ricky Bhui, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Nitish Rana, Vijay Shankar, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Rahul Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Tushar Deshpande, Ishan Porel

to me, the biggest disappointment is the lack of gopal. chahal has played decently for india, but a like-for-like replacement should be in the A team (i.e. waiting in the wings). gopal fields and bats well (also scores at a brisk clip) and his bowling in shorter formats has been improving well.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:01 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

So the pool of players the selectors and TM are looking at are

LOIs:

Openers: Mayank Agrawal, Shubman Gill, Rituraj Gaekwad, Anmolpreet Singh, Prashant Chopra,

Middle Order Batsmen: Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Vihari, Ricky Bhui, Nitish Rana, Deepak Hooda

All rounder: Vijay Shankar, Shivam Dube

Keeper: Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson

Spinners: Axar Patel, Rahul Chahar, Washington Sundar, Shreyas Gopal

Pacers:  Navdeep Saini, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Avesh Khan, Shardul Thakur, Ishan Porel, Tushar Deshpande, Sandeep Warrier,

FC:

Openers: Mayank Agrawal, Priyank Panchal, Abhimanyu Ishwaran, -

Vishal:- I think Mayank is way better than the other two , mayank has to be given regular Chances to flourish.

Middle Order Batsmen: Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Vihari, Anmolpreet Singh, Sidhesh Lad

Vishal:--Shreyas is the best , Gill has a lot of Talent but he can mature and gain more strength, Vihari Looks SOLID but he has a weakness ( bouncers).

All rounder: Shivam Dube, 

Vishal:-Solid Big Stroking Batsman and a pretty ordinary Pacer, Kinda in the vijay shankar mould but I think Shivam Dube is a yusuf pathan type hard hitting batsman. if he improves his bowling a bit , i will put him ahead of Vijay, but as of now both are below Par to Play for India and way way behind Hardik Pandey and even behind Krunnal Pandey and Ravinder Jadeja.

Keeper: Saha, Bharath

Vishal: Saha is PAST, forget him. Bharath and sanju Samson are future along with Pant. International keepers now should be good batsman too. not too sure if saha is a fair batsman.

Spinners: Nadeem, Rahul Chahar, Gowtham, Markande, Jayant Yadav, Aditya Sarwate,

Vishal:-Gowtham is a Krunnal Pandey level Spin All rounder..very talented. Nadeem is a good Spinner. All others are not International standard.

Pacers:  Navdeep Saini, Siraj,  Sandeep Warrier, Ankit Rajpoot, Avesh Khan.

Vishal:-All 5 are top Class.

Looks to be a very big pool of players being tried out with many of them being seen as all format players.

Among the pacers, some names missing: Prasidh Krishna (ignored for last few series), Shivam Mavi and Nagerkotti (injured), Aniket Chaudhary.

Aniket is average , nagarkoti seems history( owing to injury). Prasidh and Shivam are TOP fast bowlers in the making.

7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Deepak Chahar  seaming/swinging 135+  with consistency have a place . 

Let him improve a bit more . Could be somewhat like to like back up for BK. 

But Bhuvi does not swing the ball much these days unless conditions are really favourable  ( and then everyone get some swing ) . Chahar got much more swing when they played that T20I together.

7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Deepak Chahar is not a very bad choice in shorter format.  Guys seaming/swinging 135+  with consistency have a place . 

Let him improve a bit more . Could be somewhat like to like back up for BK. 

Only problem is that, we usually choose 3 pacers for home LOI series and 4 pacers for away LOI series.

If 2 are taken up by medium paced swing bowlers and 1 by Khaleel for his left arm variety,  then there would be hardly any place left for giving chances to the young budding quick bowlers.

SA A have won the toss and they will be chasing.

India A (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Manish Pandey(c), Ishan Kishan(w), Anmolpreet Singh, Shivam Dube, Axar Patel, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal, K Khaleel Ahmed

South Africa A (Playing XI): Temba Bavuma(c), Reeza Hendricks, Matthew Breetzke, Janneman Malan, Khaya Zondo, Heinrich Klaasen(w), Bjorn Fortuin, George Linde, Beuran Hendricks, Junior Dala, Anrich Nortje