Any future changes you would like to see in IPL ?

kubrickian

(A) Like two permanent franchise in the Gangetic belt. That might need a Lucknow franchise and a Kanpur/Patna franchise. (B) Like to see a franchise in the center of India, maybe Nagpur, Indore and Raipir and Bhopal can share one franchise © Like to see a franchise in Gwuhati for the north east. (D) Like to see a franchise for Gujarat (E) Like to see a franchise for Kerela With 15 franchises in total, playing each other once in a round robin. (14 matches) (A) I would like to see 5 foreign player out of 11. (B) Like to see squads of 22 with 11 foreign players and 11 Indian players. 33 we have currently is ridiculous. © 1 foreign player seat reserved for a player from BD, Zim, Ireland, Kenya or Netherlands, Afghanistan (D) Every foreign and Indian player must play atleast one IPL game. (E) The wage cap per franchise must be min of 7 million and max of 9 million. This includes support staff. Minimum wage payment will be $150,000. Max is upto you. (F) Atleast 1 player from the ranji team which plys its trade in your home stadium. Ie one home grown player in your playing 11. With this IMO the IPL can be condensed into 5 weeks. A sweeter and shorter tournament.
:two_thumbs_up: (G) One franchise for Coimbatore. :agree:

(A) Like two permanent franchise in the Gangetic belt. That might need a Lucknow franchise and a Kanpur/Patna franchise. (B) Like to see a franchise in the center of India, maybe Nagpur, Indore and Raipir and Bhopal can share one franchise © Like to see a franchise in Gwuhati for the north east. (D) Like to see a franchise for Gujarat (E) Like to see a franchise for Kerela With 15 franchises in total, playing each other once in a round robin. (14 matches) (A) I would like to see 5 foreign player out of 11. (B) Like to see squads of 22 with 11 foreign players and 11 Indian players. 33 we have currently is ridiculous. © 1 foreign player seat reserved for a player from BD, Zim, Ireland, Kenya or Netherlands, Afghanistan (D) Every foreign and Indian player must play atleast one IPL game. (E) The wage cap per franchise must be min of 7 million and max of 9 million. This includes support staff. Minimum wage payment will be $150,000. Max is upto you. (F) Atleast 1 player from the ranji team which plys its trade in your home stadium. Ie one home grown player in your playing 11. With this IMO the IPL can be condensed into 5 weeks. A sweeter and shorter tournament.
agree with most of it.but instead of playing each team once,maybe we can divide them into groups n have home n away games

@LORD I think the IPL does hinge a lot on matches like RCB v CSK and MI v CSK. They generate the most interest from neutrals. You need to have such matches. No point if MI and CSK are in other draws. Based on simply broadcasting numbers teams like MI RCB and CSK do subside teams like Royals and Kings 11 as revenue is shared. But in general, lets get rid of 1.6 million USD for Saurabh Tiwary. There needs to be a much lower wage cap. In return the BCCI can demand $6 million flat fee from all the franchises netting them $90 million straight. Plus a piece of the broadcasting and central sponserships. $380 million for Pune is just not economically sustainable. @Detonator maybe they can become the Tamil nadu super kings? and play at Coimbatore? I dont think the IPL will work beyond 15 franchises. That is probably the max it can sustain.

But in general, lets get rid of 1.6 million USD for Saurabh Tiwary. There needs to be a much lower wage cap.
completely agree. but its more of supply/demand & luck problem. [he was in good form for MI before auction

I think 3 months of IPL with more teams will work because content on Indian TV is hopelessly pathetic and low quality. The choice is between daily soap dramas or reality shows or depressing news on news channels. Very little decent entertainment on tv and hence IPL became so popular. But watching a game everyday will eventually lead to fatigue. Need more gaps between games.

@Detonator maybe they can become the Tamil nadu super kings? and play at Coimbatore? I dont think the IPL will work beyond 15 franchises. That is probably the max it can sustain.
Coimbatore/Tirupur belt generates lot more money than most Northern cities.. Coimbatore are the poineers of Indian Motor Racing, if you don't know.. But anyway, it's pointless to start a franchise based on CBE, it won't attract crowd as it's less populated..

completely agree. but its more of supply/demand & luck problem. [he was in good form for MI before auction
It is a supply and demand issue. Indian players need to have 7. If you reduce them to 6 that means the most franchises wont shell out over the top bucks for Indian players. There is a lot more supply of foreign players in the world. Even excluding Pakistan and England. Somebody like Gayle only earns $600,000 from what i gather. That is just absurd. No doubt he will get more in the next auction.