Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Damn! Md Sami bowls at 146.7 in PSL! At this age! Officially he says 37, but ideally should be 40! Gawddd!

I remember Zaheer Khan and Sami made debut around the same time and around then, Zaheer Khan used to be faster than him in top speed! Sami used to be a 140 and a max of 145 when on song for almost 2-3 yrs until suddenly he started bowling in 150's!

Overall, I am happy to see some of the bowlers from my era and closer to my age still bowling express!

On 2/18/2018 at 3:05 PM, express bowling said:

Harvinder had pace and hit the deck hard.  Srinath once said that he liked Harvinder as he had pace.

Watch him bowl on a slow and low pitch below against Australia ....  hurries Slater very first ball  ...  watch the rising delivery from 12.50

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/69659/ranji-trophy-2014-15-interview-harvinder-singh-i-had-no-one-to-guide-me-during-india-stint

Edited by saik
16 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Damn! Md Sami bowls at 146.7 in PSL! At this age! Officially he says 37, but ideally should be 40! Gawddd!

I remember Zaheer Khan and Sami made debut around the same time and around then, Zaheer Khan used to be faster than him in top speed! Sami used to be a 140 and a max of 145 when on song for almost 2-3 yrs until suddenly he started bowling in 150's!

Overall, I am happy to see some of the bowlers from my era and closer to my age still bowling express!

sami always had pace. but speed guns have become more accurate now, not yet standardized its pretty easy to tweak them to show higher numbers.  We wont see many stand out express any more it will be more normalized each team having 145 plus bowlers or eventually each one having 1 or 2 150 but it will be normalised unlike what we saw earlier..suddenly someone bowling super fast and hitting 160 in a game or a series and not hitting it a few games played elsewhere etc. We might still have non standardised diff in Aus will pick fastest reading in India slowest etc.

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

sami always had pace. but speed guns have become more accurate now, not yet standardized its pretty easy to tweak them to show higher numbers.  We wont see many stand out express any more it will be more normalized each team having 145 plus bowlers or eventually each one having 1 or 2 150 but it will be normalised unlike what we saw earlier..suddenly someone bowling super fast and hitting 160 in a game or a series and not hitting it a few games played elsewhere etc. We might still have non standardised diff in Aus will pick fastest reading in India slowest etc.

I wonder how theres no standardization of speed guns. Ideally, ICC should caliberate all speed guns and have consistent ones across the test playing nations. 

10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I wonder how theres no standardization of speed guns. Ideally, ICC should caliberate all speed guns and have consistent ones across the test playing nations. 

i dont think they do, or may be they do now..but 2003 wc was definitely not standardized everyone was 5-8 km quicker, may be they just took the fastest reading like what you see in Aus.

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i dont think they do, or may be they do now..but 2003 wc was definitely not standardized everyone was 5-8 km quicker, may be they just took the fastest reading like what you see in Aus.

really? 2003 seemed correct to me. When Zaheer tried to bowl express in the finals, he got tonked. And Wasim and Waqar were bowling their regular medium pace. There didnt seem to be any discrepancy there.

35 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

really? 2003 seemed correct to me. When Zaheer tried to bowl express in the finals, he got tonked. And Wasim and Waqar were bowling their regular medium pace. There didnt seem to be any discrepancy there.

you could have a point there...i had my doubts as Aktar went from 152-155 peak to 161 and Zak and Nehra went from 142-145 peak to 148-149 ..even srinath was hitting 141-145..Dilhara fernando i remmember hit 147...may be they were using the fastest reading..

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Not everyone was 5-8K quicker.  

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not everyone was 5-8K quicker.  

you should write more like substantiate, your statements are very short. whom do you have in mind..the fastest i saw akram bowl was 140 i dont remember waqar may be he was trundling 135...i remember Flintoff ..jermain lawson for WI ? or jerome taylor someone hit 150+ Lee and Akthar were super quick

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

look at Shane Bond here...easily hitting 155..he was super quick always but was he always express ?

Bond hit 150 plus before and after too. same with lee and Akhtar they hit 150 plus after that too.  Lee in bowled his quickest ODI over in 2005 in NZ and that was for sure quick.

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you should write more like substantiate, your statements are very short. whom do you have in mind..the fastest i saw akram bowl was 140 i dont remember waqar may be he was trundling 135...i remember Flintoff ..jermain lawson for WI ? or jerome taylor someone hit 150+ Lee and Akthar were super quick

McGrath bowled his usual pace.  Jermaine Lawson was quick though he was chucking. 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Bond hit 150 plus before and after too. same with lee and Akhtar they hit 150 plus after that too.  Lee in bowled his quickest ODI over in 2005 in NZ and that was for sure quick.

Lee Akthar hit 160 in Wc rite and Bond is seen hitting 155. Look at some of his deliveries they are not all super quick for naked eye. 

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

.33 that delivery shows 154 for me it does not look that fast.. It is quick but may be some of speed readings were high. 

it certainly looked quick to me.  look at how far back the keeper is standing and still carrying comfortably.