Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

144 k bouncer by Hardik

i liked Hardik's bowling very much today. 

Few reasons -

1. he bowled from 110k to 144K.

2. As always continued to bowl FULL balls and steep super fast bouncers.

3. i never thought Hardik could bowl Knuckle balls , i thought shammi umesh and bhuvi can only bowl that but was pleasantly surprised to see hardik suceeding with this  ball.

4. hardik's bouncers are as dangerous as ISHANT's/umesh's/shammi's bouncers so he is an expert bouncer bowler.

To get respect from Australian batsman in kinda a 21 over match and get Smith and travis head and beat batsman regularly ..that also australian batsman is a big thing...

i would play shammi ahead of BHUVI in next Match.

11 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

dangerous bowler..what will he do in australia ..if he is that fast in chennai...

We have had Shoaib Akhtar bowling at us close to 160 in South Africa, Australia and Pakistan. We have had Brett Lee bowling close to 160 in Australia. If the present lot can't handle Cummins in Australia or in South Africa, then they are not worth it!

Why be so scared? 

58 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

We have had Shoaib Akhtar bowling at us close to 160 in South Africa, Australia and Pakistan. We have had Brett Lee bowling close to 160 in Australia. If the present lot can't handle Cummins in Australia or in South Africa, then they are not worth it!

Why be so scared? 

and Brett Lee was a nightmare for us on 2008 tour. Top wicket taker in both tests and ODIs.

36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

and Brett Lee was a nightmare for us on 2008 tour. Top wicket taker in both tests and ODIs.

Lee was quicker than Cummins, especially in test matches.

Cummins usually bowls 132 k to 147 k / 150 k  in tests while Lee often touched 155 k / 156 k.

We dominated Johnson in Australia '14 .... who was bowling upto 150 k in that series.

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Why be so scared? 

i have faced a fast bowler whose ball went close to my nose , i just could not see it, i m sure it was a 125 k ball + .

i agree when sachin scored 98 against PAK & shoaib, shoaib bowled at 154k 155k and sachin managed to bat out of his skin.

even brett lee bowled 150 to 152k 

facing 150k+ is serious trouble especially if the bowler is maintaining good line n length and is bowling high rising balls on greenish australian tracks with a bit of Swing too.

i meant to say on flattish indian pitches Umesh and Shammi are equal to couternile and cummins and can kinda COMPETE against them , they have their main striker left armer who is the fastest and better than nathan and cummins 

Our PUZZLE wrist spinners may loose their magic as Ashwin and Jadeja lost their Magic. So in australia , it would be down to how good the Pace attack is...as far as our batting is concerned we are as good as australians against pacers but ARE our pacers as good as australian pacers on australian tracks - the Answer is NO.

ON indian pitches our pacers are bowling from 130 to 145k with New Skills like knuckle ball, accurate yorkers , angled bowling by bumrah etc but will our Pacers be as effective against australia,africa and england on their pitches- that's a million dollar question??

i am sure about the Skills of rahane kl rahul dhawan even rohit kohli manish pandey but against pacers who are human and less than 145K...pacers faster than 150k are like DEMONS..too hot to handle i cant gurantee the success of our batsman against them or to put it straight..-

i guarantee FAILURE of our batsman against nathan cummins hazelwood and left arm worlds fastest bowler of australia on australian tracks( he is unfit now and i hope he remains unfit)

if our batsman score 200 runs then can umesh shammi ishant and pandya get their batsman also out under 200 runs, that is what has to be seen.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Lee was quicker than Cummins, especially in test matches.

Cummins usually bowls 132 k to 147 k / 150 k  in tests while Lee often touched 155 k / 156 k.

We dominated Johnson in Australia '14 .... who was bowling upto 150 k in that series.

johnson was growing old ,about to retire and bowling under 147k ..between 141 to 147k which is playable for our batsman.

19 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

johnson was growing old ,about to retire and bowling under 147k ..between 141 to 147k which is playable for our batsman.

Indians have played against Patrick Patterson, who may have been as quick as Shoaib. I consider Akhtar to be the fastest of all times, atleast the ones I have seen.

Indians have faced Brett lee, Akhtar and all multiple times. If facing 155k's was so difficult, they wouldnt score as much runs. You make it sound as if nobody can ever play such bowlers.

Without hyping, I have played against a bowler who was bowling 150+ for sure. The only problem was , we used to play with tennis balls. With tennis ball, this guy, a guy from MP, when I had visited Narayangaon in Maharashtra to stay with my sister for a month, used to ball in excess of 150+. I am confident of that. So, I also know how it is to face a quick bowler.

Batsmen like Sachin and Lara may not be fooled by balls coming at 160k's, but its the guile of the bowler which would be their nemesis. Definitely it isnt easy to face express bowlers. But to think that no one can face them, is a little  naive. My 2 pence, no offence.

Indians have played against Patrick Patterson, who may have been as quick as Shoaib. I consider Akhtar to be the fastest of all times, atleast the ones I have seen.

Indians have faced Brett lee, Akhtar and all multiple times. If facing 155k's was so difficult, they wouldnt score as much runs. You make it sound as if nobody can ever play such bowlers.
Without hyping, I have played against a bowler who was bowling 150+ for sure. The only problem was , we used to play with tennis balls. With tennis ball, this guy, a guy from MP, when I had visited Narayangaon in Maharashtra to stay with my sister for a month, used to ball in excess of 150+. I am confident of that. So, I also know how it is to face a quick bowler.

Batsmen like Sachin and Lara may not be fooled by balls coming at 160k's, but its the guile of the bowler which would be their nemesis. Definitely it isnt easy to face express bowlers. But to think that no one can face them, is a little  naive. My 2 pence, no offence.
Shoaib Akhtar And Brett Lee Whatever Old Fast bowlers May Claim to be were the quickest bowlers in history of cricket.
1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Cummins bowls similar speeds in test matches.  Bowls quite a few 132 k to 135 k balls too.

Moreover, I distinctly remember Johnson bowling some 145 k to 150 k overs in that 2014 series against us.  Let us not forget that the same Johnson terrorized the English only 10 months back.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Cummins bowls similar speeds in test matches.  Bowls quite a few 132 k to 135 k balls too.

Moreover, I distinctly remember Johnson bowling some 145 k to 150 k overs in that 2014 series against us.  Let us not forget that the same Johnson terrorized the English only 10 months back.

Pitches Indians played on were far flatter. There was only pitch which has pace and bounce on that tour at gabba and he got the better of our top batsmen.

19 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Pitches Indians played on were far flatter. There was only pitch which has pace and bounce on that tour at gabba and he got the better of our top batsmen.

Most  " flat " Australian pitches still have sufficient pace and bounce for the genuine fast bowlers or really tall pacers.

The main quality needed for playing genuine pace is .... courage ..... and almost all Indian batters have it now.

We saw how our batters out-batted the Aussies on the really bouncy Dharamsala pitch in 2017.  And our pacers out-bowled theirs.