Kohli at 4 for WC?

bowl_out

Is Kohli preparing for No.4 at WC? Do you think Dhoni and Kohli are preparing for Kohli playing at 4? This has been a rickety position, where Rahane and Rohit have failed in the past. With both of them doing well as openers, do you think Kohli is preparing himself to play at No. 4.. He has done that all through this series... Are we going to see a batting line up similar to WC 2011, with three openers playing at 1,2,3? Possible batting line up: Rohit Dhawan Rahane Kohli Raina Dhoni ..... others

No.4 is the only spot I am not so convinced atm. Kohli at 3 and Dhoni at 6 gives us a better balance and none of Rohit Rahane and Rayudu are good at rotating the strike like Kohli or Raina. I'd so much expectations on Jadhav but I feel its too late for him to make a claim cos CB series should be used as a platform to find the right XI rather than trying out new players. But an extraordinary innings in the 5th ODI can still convince the selectors!

no way in hell' date=' Kohli should bat at 3 when it matters because he has shown time and again that he can maintain scoring and still survive if an early wicket goes down,i dont trust any others to do that.[/quote'] So, who plays at 4? Rahane, Rohit or Rayudu? If an early wicket falls, the batsman coming in, is as good as an opener. So any of the three openers in the squad can fill in for that position. We had Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir play at 1,2,3 in WC 2011, and all of them were openers... Kohli played at No.4 .... Might see something similar happening this time too

This would be like our attempt to push Sachin to no.4 in world cup 2007. When you are out of form it doesn't matter 3 or 4. That is what Kohli is going through. Nothing to do with batting order. He is the master builder of one day innings without risks. Difference between Kohli and the likes of Dhawan/Rohit,Raina is Kohli plays the best risk free cricket. Others are only a brain fart away from losing their wicket.

even in the epic scintillating innings by rohit at kolkota, he struggled to rotate strike in the first 15 overs how can you be an opener if you cant rotate strike regularly. even your partner will get affected. if rohit opens, he might hit a 200 once a year but if dhawan - rahane open, its good for the team also rohit cant keep hitting out bowlers over the fence all the time, eventually this is risky strategy whereas rahane and shikar are more timers into the gaps so Dhawan Rahane Kohli Rohit Raina Dhoni Axar Jadeja Yadav Bhuvi Shami