Kaththi

Mariyam

Try mate. The nuances of malayalam are never forte of a tamil speaking person. However, the more "chaste" tamil gets, the more closer it becomes to "chaste" malayalam. Further if I speak kasargode/kannur malayalam or heck malappuram malayalam, and if you are fluent tamil speaker you'll make nothing of it I guarantee.
True.. "Pacha Malayalam" is hard to understand.

Excellent movie.One of the best movies made in Tamil cinema in recent years
yeah the evil Chinese are so jealous of mighty economic progress that they engineer biological warfare by injecting a dog..the evil MNC's are out to destroy "poor" farmers...I am supposed to swallow this ? people with no serious sociopolitical knowledge often tend to talk in terms of conspiracy theories.they have no conception of how to form opinions based on facts... I was once told by a colleague "you know CIA killed Rajiv because he was becoming dangerous,you should learn about CIA"...that's the narrow minded foolish group murugadoss belongs to...always seeing foreign conspiracies and comin up with absurd theories.

yeah the evil Chinese are so jealous of mighty economic progress that they engineer biological warfare by injecting a dog..the evil MNC's are out to destroy "poor" farmers...I am supposed to swallow this ? people with no serious sociopolitical knowledge often tend to talk in terms of conspiracy theories.they have no conception of how to form opinions based on facts... I was once told by a colleague "you know CIA killed Rajiv because he was becoming dangerous,you should learn about CIA"...that's the narrow minded foolish group murugadoss belongs to...always seeing foreign conspiracies and comin up with absurd theories.
When did I refer anything to 7th sense As for second part just an example http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141103/nation-current-affairs/article/suriyur-residents-launch-water-war-against-bottling-unit And its not just about MNCss. Its more about the exploitation of farmers

Try mate. The nuances of malayalam are never forte of a tamil speaking person. However, the more "chaste" tamil gets, the more closer it becomes to "chaste" malayalam. Further if I speak kasargode/kannur malayalam or heck malappuram malayalam, and if you are fluent tamil speaker you'll make nothing of it I guarantee.
i find that mallu people can easily understand tamil or make sense of it atleast. but its not true the other way round.

If I did not know hindi being an Indian' date=' I would have made conscious effort to learn the language [/quote'] being an indian and a non hindi speaker is not incompatible ,one may think? language is a personal choice and hence its prudent stay out of someone's personal choice.let the individual decide what he desires to learn.

When did I refer anything to 7th sense
I am talking about the intellectual limitations of the director...obviously the quality of his films will be limited by that
And its not just about MNCss. Its more about the exploitation of farmers
All I am saying is the director is a narrow minded guy prone to conspiracy theories. there is interdependence between farmers and MNC's.farmers are threatened by land mafia's ,displacement by infra projects and politicos. not all farmers are poor and not all businessmen are big. there are positives and negatives ion the big picture and was there one mention of the land acquisition bill that is being debated around in recent years? the point he is narrowly focusssing on one issue and blowing it up like the conspiracy theorist he is.propaganda may sometimes have elements of truth.

People who don't know Hindi when they travel to Hindi speaking states generally do take a conscious effort to learn the language. People staying in the non hindi-speaking states for whom job or situation don't necessitate travel don't need to learn the language. People take a conscious effort in learning something only if there is a need or if they take a genuine academic interest in learning it.

I am talking about the intellectual limitations of the director...obviously the quality of his films will be limited by that All I am saying is the director is a narrow minded guy prone to conspiracy theories. there is interdependence between farmers and MNC's.farmers are threatened by land mafia's ,displacement by infra projects and politicos. not all farmers are poor and not all businessmen are big. there are positives and negatives ion the big picture and was there one mention of the land acquisition bill that is being debated around in recent years? the point he is narrowly focusssing on one issue and blowing it up like the conspiracy theorist he is.propaganda may sometimes have elements of truth.
Its a commercial movie not a documentary .Of course there are far more issues affecting farming in the country not the least the exploitation by politicians . If he had talked about most of them the movie wouldn't have got through censor board He raised a very sensitive issue within the commercial limitations which was enjoyable as well.I don't remember the last time a popular Tamil movie projected an farmer issue this effectively. And water scarcity and exploration by MNCs aren't conspiracy theories .They are very real issues As for the not all the farmers are poor , majority farmers in villages either belong to poor or lower middle class income families .That's the reality

being an indian and a non hindi speaker is not incompatible ,one may think? language is a personal choice and hence its prudent stay out of someone's personal choice.let the individual decide what he desires to learn.
Did you purposely ignore, perhaps as an excuse to feel offended, the fact that I have mentioned a couple of times that I am against forcing anyone? The desire to learn, if it has to come, must come from within.

On a side note.. a general advice.. It wouldn't hurt to do a little research on any topic before you post. We have tons of resources available on the internet. We should make a conscious effort to learn the subtleties of various cultures before discussing about it. My two cents. I take no offence. But not every one will react the same way.

On a side note.. a general advice.. It wouldn't hurt to do a little research on any topic before you post. We have tons of resources available on the internet. We should make a conscious effort to learn the subtleties of various cultures before discussing about it. My two cents. I take no offence. But not every one will react the same way.
Yeah I mean no one takes an issue...say if someone calls Balayya a white Hippo with a Wigor Vijay an ugly hack or Vijay Kanth a Gorilla with eternal conjuctivitis no one gives a Shi**,May be in the villages of Rural Andhra or Tamil Nadu it might be a problem. The ignorance and the sterotype is what becaomes a problem. I mean Bollywood makes good cinema too but you know how the west associate Bollywood with,with loud costumes and dances etc.

People who don't know Hindi when they travel to Hindi speaking states generally do take a conscious effort to learn the language. People staying in the non hindi-speaking states for whom job or situation don't necessitate travel don't need to learn the language. People take a conscious effort in learning something only if there is a need or if they take a genuine academic interest in learning it.
This is a very true. On another note, there is also some difference in attitudes I guess. Of all the people from non-Hindi speaking states who I've met, the vast majority who would refuse to speak or hate to speak in Hindi have been Tamilians. Most Andhraites, Kannadigas, Bengalis, even Mallus r willing to talk in Hindi even if they speak very basic, slightly erroneous Hindi.

This is a very true. On another note, there is also some difference in attitudes I guess. Of all the people from non-Hindi speaking states who I've met, the vast majority who would refuse to speak or hate to speak in Hindi have been Tamilians. Most Andhraites, Kannadigas, Bengalis, even Mallus r readily willing to talk in Hindi even if they speak very basic slightly erroneous Hindi.
I was in Delhi for a while. Bought a book to learn Hindi. Tamilians struggle to learn Hindi because most of them got zero exposure to the language thanks to the political parties. You have twp major parties in your state. If both parties oppose a language how can they learn. They created this unscientific myth of learning one new language will kill your main language. Other states in the south have proved it conclusively wrong. I blame politicians for this not people. I understand Hindi a bit. But i can't watch without subtitles. Having said that.. new kids know neither Tamil nor Hindi. In schools they force your kids to talk in English. This is very true in Chennai. IT is upto parents to teach them Tamil.

Hehe. Plus kerala has its share of beefcakes. Prithviraj who was made an item boy in aiyya is a superstar in Malayalam. We accommodate not just bodies who can dance but men and women who can emote.
And they were calling him ''black salman'' as if Salman is white...:cantstop:.In reality Prithvi,Maheshbabu etc are whiter than Salman....

Maryam ' date=' vijay fans rating not imdb rating lol so don't go by imdb rating[/quote'] Thing is that Kaththi is the highest rated movie in any language this calendar year. That is what prompted me to ask this question. :confused: I thought that was Rajnikanth?