Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

Sad thing is that even the defence lawyer concurring to these statement Some Sharma who is is the defence lawyer also said its bad for girls to roam after 9. May be bbc is putting words in mouth. Still idk . How would any lawyer think in this way is beyond me. Defence or not.
This is not the first time this excuse of a human has said this.He said it when the trial was on too.The man talks openly bout burning his own daughter.What can one expect from such monster. The sad thing is that every one in the Parliament wants to keep it from being shown....everyone. Just the way people don't want people to report sexual abuse because it brings 'dishonor' to the family. All these old farts have got together to brush this problem under the carpet and prevent the world from seeing the ugly side of the country. Just put it behind purdah.....if it is not seen....it is not there. I wonder how much better are we than Taliban.I am so disappointed in this man called Modi. So much for his talks on women safety and the girl child. He is also just like the rest of the Khap type brigades. They should give themselves a medal and declare a holiday...they managed to save the honor of the country...so what if the brutal rapes happen.Lets not talk or show anything...it will go away .

This is not the first time this excuse of a human has said this.He said it when the trial was on too.The man talks openly bout burning his own daughter.What can one expect from such monster. The sad thing is that every one in the Parliament wants to keep it from being shown....everyone. Just the way people don't want people to report sexual abuse because it brings 'dishonor' to the family. All these old farts have got together to brush this problem under the carpet and prevent the world from seeing the ugly side of the country. Just put it behind purdah.....if it is not seen....it is not there. I wonder how much better are we than Taliban.I am so disappointed in this man called Modi. So much for his talks on women safety and the girl child. He is also just like the rest of the Khap type brigades. They should give themselves a medal and declare a holiday...they managed to save the honor of the country...so what if the brutal rapes happen.Lets not talk or show anything...it will go away .
tbf he's atleast acknowledged the problem and made a big speech on it on 15th aug come a logn way since congress who didn't even accept that it was an issue. and this coming from a congress supporter

Anu aga is for it right? As is Javed Akther?

Its quite hypocritical that there is such an uproar in the parliament over the airing of this interview. The very collection of people (and their ilk) had passed comments which were pretty much in line with what the rapist in the interview has purportedly spouted. Some comments from the top of my mind

OP Choutala the then CM of Haryana said that the khaps have been right all along, and reducing the marraigable age of the girls is a remedy to stop the rape pandemic. RSS chief Bhagwat - Rapes happen in India, not in Bharat. Abu Azmi- Women need to roam around only with mahrams, and western culture/ clothing and hanging out late result in rapes. Mulayam Singh (On the Badaun case) - Boys make mistakes!!
How is the mindset of the rapist any different from that of some of the people who want the interview banned? Why even ban the interview? What we need is a paradigm shift in thinking. And that's not going to happen if people aren't willing to accept that certain kind of thinking is just not acceptable. And there is nothing *illegal* in the way the interview was carried out. Prior permissions were taken. The interview was conducted in the presence of a member of the jail administration. These kind of interviews, and/or psycho-analytical tests/IQ tests are quite common feature in the Indian penitentiary system.

Delhi Court blocking a documentary will do far more harm to India's reputation than the programme itself.
With all due respect, I couldn't care two hoots about the damage to India's 'reputation' world wide. I stay in India, and I'd rather see the documentary and have a certain kind of thinking vilified on mainstream media and hence changed over time with some kind of constant negative reinforcement. What a Kazakh scrap metal dealer or a financial analyst in NYC thinks about India is irrelevant to me.

With all due respect, I couldn't care two hoots about the damage to India's 'reputation' world wide. I stay in India, and I'd rather see the documentary and have a certain kind of thinking vilified on mainstream media and hence changed over time with some kind of constant negative reinforcement. What a Kazakh scrap metal dealer or a financial analyst in NYC thinks about India is irrelevant to me.
poor logic. You do care the views of ppl abroad are directly linked to indian economy

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/03/04/a-murderer-and-rapists-views-reflect-those-many-india.html A murderer and rapist's views reflect those of many in India It is about branding entire India is full of rapists.
A large part of India which is correct.....Guys like Abu Azmi and Mulayam included because of having a rapist's mentality.....The only difference between a rapist and a person with a rapist mentality is just the lack of opportunity or fear of punishment.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/03/04/a-murderer-and-rapists-views-reflect-those-many-india.html A murderer and rapist's views reflect those of many in India It is about branding entire India is full of rapists.
there is some truth to what Mr Naidu says. While the film maker may or may not have those views in mind, a lot of people will jump to that conclusion. People need to realise that the person in question is in jail. He is not roaming the streets full of glee and is scheduled to be hanged. Keep in mind in the UK where hanging is banned (where the film-maker originates from) this person would have lead a very comfortable life inside a jail. He is going to face a much harsher punishment in India.

poor logic. You do care the views of ppl abroad are directly linked to indian economy
I thought the velayati folk were smarter than that. Their investments in India/Indian economy weren't based on knee jerk reactions to interviews and roasts banned in India, but on cold financial calculations. Guess I was wrong and over estimated their intelligence. Could you please provide some examples where the Indian economy took a hit because of a gag order on the media over a domestic/social issue? It would be great if you could also provide some numbers.

Since the Govt gives so much **** about what people outside the country think...I do hope this results in widespread condemnation of the country and the govt that hides the true face of the country.A country where elected parliamentarians hold such regressive view and where the entire parliament stands together to try and stop showing the real face.....deserves to be dragged through mud.Shameful conduct .