'Rohit brings flair at No. 3' - Bangar, (To be Moved To Jokes Section-G_B)

div

Average is 39.23.. so if you are going to round off. it should be 39 :cantstop: Secondly his home average is 288 Away average is 23.75. Never seen more awful contrast between home and away series
Nitpicking stats now??? :giggle: So anyways an average of 288 I repeat 288 doesn't catch your attention wow now even super human efforts are ignored for a few players :cantstop: The way rohit is preferred over other workhorses is because he will not make up numbers or draw games,he will win it single handed my from no where
Totally agree.......He can be what viv Richards was to the no 3 position....I mean can you imagine a well set Rohit on Day 1 of a test match with plenty of time to go....records will tumble. Now Sanjay Bangar joins the list of experts who are Rohit fans and I am sure poor old Bangar will be ridiculed on ICF now.....Most ICFR's think they are above qualified coaches and accomplished cricketers :hysterical:
Yes. We have to. There's no other choice. Imagination. That's the only place where "a well set Rohit on Day 1 of a test match" can happen.

Rohit is inconsistent - agreed. Rohit does not deserve no.3 test spot - agreed. But a set Rohit Sharma >>> any current Indian batsman. Absolute treat to watch. I would play him as 6th batsman in test when we decide to play with 4 bowlers. Else he sits out. But he should always be in the squad. Too talented a player to be dropped.

If Rohit gets the No.3 position, the honor does not go to Rohit - it goes to the No.3 position :two_thumbs_up: No.3 position had been sulking after Bradman's retirement and even with some good batsmen like Dravid and Ponting occupying the position, it had to face taunts from lowly No.4 and No.5 positions due to lack of a genuine flair player :sad: Now No.3 can proudly say "THE Rohit " is my resident and No.4 and No.5 will have to walk away with their tail between their legs.

If Rohit gets the No.3 position, the honor does not go to Rohit - it goes to the No.3 position :two_thumbs_up: No.3 position had been sulking after Bradman's retirement and even with some good batsmen like Dravid and Ponting occupying the position, it had to face taunts from lowly No.4 and No.5 positions due to lack of a genuine flair player :sad: Now No.3 can proudly say "THE Rohit " is my resident and No.4 and No.5 will have to walk away with their tail between their legs.
rohit_sharma.jpg
Rohit is inconsistent - agreed. Rohit does not deserve no.3 test spot - agreed. But a set Rohit Sharma >>> any current Indian batsman. Absolute treat to watch. I would play him as 6th batsman in test when we decide to play with 4 bowlers. Else he sits out. But he should always be in the squad. Too talented a player to be dropped.
Why not let that talent develop into something? A couple of seasons with India A touring and he should be able to work on his game. Its not like he's a dud technically but atm he's clearly been found out and playing him wont help. Promoting Rohit to open in ODI's worked because ODI's have flat pitches and you don't need to adjust much. Tests is a whole different game, Kohli and co are going to learn it the hard way. With Dhawan and Rohit in top 3 it is going to be 2 down for nothing more times than not.
Why not let that talent develop into something? A couple of seasons with India A touring and he should be able to work on his game. Its not like he's a dud technically but atm he's clearly been found out and playing him wont help.
Issue is that after those two years he will be 30. He's not a Michael Hussey who had the mental strength and hard work to make it late in the game.
:two_thumbs_up::dance:

Does anyone honestly think he can survive a new ball spell against the likes of steyn, philander, morkel, anderson, johnson, starc, southee, bolt ... in tests? In his 8 year career so far, has he ever made even a fifty in swing/seam friendly conditions (test or odi)?