The USA/CANADA Thread

Disappointing news from USA cricket coming that captain of USA - Steven Taylori, who was supposed to play as the vice captain in the upcoming West indies' domestic 50 over tourment for a team called ICC Americas(Combine team of USA,Bahamas and Canadian players), is now going to represent Jamaica after being named the replacement for Chris Gayle.

This guy is USA's captain and is born in USA and has Jamaican parents. 

The NAGICO 50 over tournament is for only West Indies teams but recently theybhave invited an ICC combine team of these associate nations to gain experience and compete with the other West Indian island nations. So him not playing for ICC Americas is definitely not a good news. Many also fear that he might take a different route in the future and could be considered for the West Indian national team.

He has struggled in Caribbean Premier League but Robin Singh is a big fan of his and keeps picking him. 

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Can you blame Taylor?  As a cricketer, wouldn't you jump at an opportunity to play cricket as part of a test team, vs a lowly associate that doesn't even get anywhere close to the World Cup?

No, but he needs to set priority right. I honestly have not as much interest in this ICC americas team as much as I have for the USA player playing in it like Timroy Allen etc. I am following Taylor's performance though who hit his 2nd fifty which is good for USA cricket for the future.  

USA has invested a lot in Taylor even when he was failing badly. He failed but the board gave him a lot of chances as he impressed everyone during the under 19 word cup where Josh Hazlewood etc were also playing and he tackled them well. 

It is for him to commit o USA cricket fully now. I hope he does as he is a top batsman. 

18 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

His dad was born in Windies, he was born in USA. It is a rare case but I doubt it will happen.

Usually it is the opposite. Windies players jump to US. 

thats why i was amused, US needs organic growth of cricket. If i were BCCI i would invest heavily in US have a stake, its the future.

USA is good. Lot of talent already. Just some big time corruption. Even without tournaments, there is loads of talent to beat any top associate nation or more. There is a reason why all current players who get dropped and even current Ranji players head to USA during off season. Just the corrupt board, which is being question currently by ICC, for good. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

thats why i was amused, US needs organic growth of cricket. If i were BCCI i would invest heavily in US have a stake, its the future.

Back to back 50s from Taylor. Taylor is turning it on for Jamaica. He scored 88 today for Jamaica as Jamaic are now 422-2 with in 48 overs.

The opposition bowling attack of Trinidad has Ravi Rampaul in too and Shannon Gabriel.

He had 188 run opening stand with Chadwick Walton.

I hope he sticks to USA. USA needs Taylor. 

On 2/15/2017 at 4:13 PM, Cricketics said:

Back to back 50s from Taylor. Taylor is turning it on for Jamaica. He scored 88 today for Jamaica as Jamaic are now 422-2 with in 48 overs.

The opposition bowling attack of Trinidad has Ravi Rampaul in too and Shannon Gabriel.

He had 188 run opening stand with Chadwick Walton.

I hope he sticks to USA. USA needs Taylor. 

thats serious, minimum top International side A level not just first class. Too bad the guy left US.

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Anyone remember ICL and some of its players? Former ICL player and Hyderabad's Ibrahim Khaleel has been called up for USA trials. He has been playing cricket in States for a while. 

Yes, but Khaleel is 34, Roy SIlva 36 (SL) .... 

Any local talent coming up or is the team full of overseas players past their prime?

Our team even with some pathetic selection beat the crap out of your team on your own turf last Auty Cup in 2016.

I have played against most of the Canadian players from that team and I can tell you there are definitely way better players than that Canadian 11 in local clubs. 

Shows where you guys stand. The Great North got better talent than you guys. 

50 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Yes, but Khaleel is 34, Roy SIlva 36 (SL) .... 

Any local talent coming up or is the team full of overseas players past their prime?

Many. I mean there are tons of them. Fahad Babar is good. Adil Bhatti.

I am good too :)

give some time, this USA team got it in them. Best players never played earlier due to politics. They will from here on hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Many. I mean there are tons of them. Fahad Babar is good. Adil Bhatti.

I am good too :)

give some time, this USA team got it in them. Best players never played earlier due to politics. They will from here on hopefully.

Hey, I didn't know you play for US team. My bad .:bow:

27 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Our team even with some pathetic selection beat the crap out of your team on your own turf last Auty Cup in 2016.

I have played against most of the Canadian players from that team and I can tell you there are definitely way better players than that Canadian 11 in local clubs. 

Shows where you guys stand. The Great North got better talent than you guys. 

I think in terms of talent, I think both nations have same talent. In fact with all due respect, even though Canada won, it doesn't really put clear picture to what USA cricket team really look like if they do not play old washed up players.

USA is now starting to change. Robin Singh got them contracts in Carribean Premier league and  along with that did his talent scout. Also,  now there are proper camps unlike before.

Trust me USA cricket has more talent. There is a reason why all Canadians want to play here but USA players don't travel as much to Canada. Current players come here from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa and West Indies just for tournaments and that only increases the level of cricket here all over USA.

Canada has lot of talent too but with mixture of lot of West Indian talent, USA is a step ahead and now with politics being put a step back, there is finally a chance for USA cricket to move forward.

Watch out for USA now, they got a new coach Pubudu Dassanayke, whose goal is to play the best players and he is trying his best to scout the best talent all over USA and get the best final 15.