Aussies have poked a sleeping grizzly bear! Mistake

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum and yes im an aussie.

I signed up because i wanted to understand what happened at pune. And who better to listen to then those who know their pitches best.

After reading a few threads i figured i should probably say hello. And stop hiding in the shadows. Introduction out of the way i might as well participate. :)

I don't think we woke the sleeping bear.

I think you did. That was a very uncharacteristic performance from your mob. And unlikely to be repeated. But comments from people like harbhajan were not helpful to you. Not that it necessarily affected your team. But you never abuse australians like that and expect them to lay down. It usually gives aussies motivation that they may not have had otherwise.

For the record i believe we came here relatively prepared and had a high priority on this. I also believe our expectations were not high. But now that you gave us a sniff. We will likely fight quite hard... and in all likelihood... lose. But we really only need one more chance after being essentially "gifted" a game due to various reasons*

*if you try to tell me we didn't EARN that victory. I will disagree. 

Hello

Welcome to ICF

We have a intro thread you can introduce yourself there.The link is posted a few posts above this.

First things first Aussies thoroughly deserved to win.No disagreements on that.

Yes instead of Aussies the Indians did a lot of talking before the series which certainly didnt help.But the comments from aussies now particularly targetting a few Indian team members and support staff after the game may just be the kick that was needed.Lets see what happens at Bangalore.

Stick Around for that.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Hello

Welcome to ICF

We have a intro thread you can introduce yourself there.The link is posted a few posts above this.

First things first Aussies thoroughly deserved to win.No disagreements on that.

Yes instead of Aussies the Indians did a lot of talking before the series which certainly didnt help.But the comments from aussies now particularly targetting a few Indian team members and support staff after the game may just be the kick that was needed.Lets see what happens at Bangalore.

Stick Around for that.

Ill stick around.

And i do agree.

I dont know how you rate your own media personalities in india, but generally speaking we wish ours would shut the hell up most of the time.

Media's job is to create the hype.

India massively under estimated the Aussie spinners.Massively.

Lyon is a "decent" spinner. O'keefe is "consistent" and both are smart cricketers.

Neither are world beaters. But bowling is not often about beating the batsmen with perfect deliveries so much as forcing mistakes.

I agree they were underestimated, and you could easily mount the argument that o'keefe "got lucky" but that's not entirely true either. Lack of respect, underestimating and pitch concerns can all be thrown into the argument, but in the end... 99% of the time when a batsmen gets out, they only blame themselves.

They did their jobs and gave themselves every chance to get wickets. In this instance it worked out for them. Our media will say o'keefe was amazing and thats not really true, he was servicable. 

Lyon is a "decent" spinner. O'keefe is "consistent" and both are smart cricketers.

Neither are world beaters. But bowling is not often about beating the batsmen with perfect deliveries so much as forcing mistakes.

I agree they were underestimated, and you could easily mount the argument that o'keefe "got lucky" but that's not entirely true either. Lack of respect, underestimating and pitch concerns can all be thrown into the argument, but in the end... 99% of the time when a batsmen gets out, they only blame themselves.

They did their jobs and gave themselves every chance to get wickets. In this instance it worked out for them. Our media will say o'keefe was amazing and thats not really true, he was servicable. 

You have to give more respect to a spinner who avgs 22 on Aussie wickets.Indians devised their tactics for Lyon and didnt factor in O'Keefe.Massive mistake.He bowled wicket to wicket letting the pitch do the talking.

Indian Spinners didnt bowl according to the pitch.Jadeja of old would have been unplayable on this pitch.

You have to give more respect to a spinner who avgs 22 on Aussie wickets.Indians devised their tactics for Lyon and didnt factor in O'Keefe.Massive mistake.He bowled wicket to wicket letting the pitch do the talking.

Indian Spinners didnt bowl according to the pitch.Jadeja of old would have been unplayable on this pitch.

I am not trying to be disrespectful at all. Just not overselling his performance.

I agree with you about jadeja. He didn't change up well enough this time round. I expect to see him out to proove his worth over the coming matches. He probably would have stomached lyon getting all those wickets more than he will o'keefe getting them.

I am not trying to be disrespectful at all. Just not overselling his performance.

I agree with you about jadeja. He didn't change up well enough this time round. I expect to see him out to proove his worth over the coming matches. He probably would have stomached lyon getting all those wickets more than he will o'keefe getting them.

Well lets see what they do in Bangalore which will have a better pitch.

To be fair India were not caught napping here, they were over confident.

if they had made uncharacteristic mistakes than sure I would agree with the OP but dropping catches, not using DRS we'll have been on going issues...it just so happened that they hurt us and made the difference in the end against a team that looked really focused, determined and came with a plan.

This is the kind of false bravado I have been dead against.

Aussies still didn't look world beaters against spin either but they get their basics right.let us take an example of the Pakistan series....well in the end Pak was thrashed but the difference is Aus gobble almost every half chance that come their way and pak imploded when they had a chance. we drop even a semi decent chance almost like Pakistani and lose important sessions just like they did.

DRS use has been cringeworthy.

if we do the basics right we will still come up trumps.

but Aus team looked focus...not a single wicket was given by showing bravado...even warner looked like he was ready to fight it out and curb his natural game.

in these conditions and given the form India were in prior to the start we are still the favorites.

also the most exciting thing about this team are its mental strength....so no worries there.

i am worried about rookie mistakes.

for starters apart from the fielding and DRS use that I have already mentioned...underestimating their spinners and also underestimating how well they have come prepared.

Aus really want this and yes they are not a world beating team by any means...we are stronger on paper still need to play them like they are equals rather than waiting for them to bend and take it.

no grizzly bear or sleeping giant ,false bravado stuff.

put your head down ,focus on things on hand, execute your plans...pretty much basic cricket 101.

team combo is ok for the most part and nothing wrong with the team that was played...just play horses for courses and we should still win this series.

well played and credit needs to be given and mistakes have to be acknowledged.

really impressed with Kohli's after match talk....no bravado,no excuses and certainly no

process bs.

thats the heartwarming part.

4 hours ago, Fool said:

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum and yes im an aussie.

I signed up because i wanted to understand what happened at pune. And who better to listen to then those who know their pitches best.

After reading a few threads i figured i should probably say hello. And stop hiding in the shadows. Introduction out of the way i might as well participate. :)

I don't think we woke the sleeping bear.

I think you did. That was a very uncharacteristic performance from your mob. And unlikely to be repeated. But comments from people like harbhajan were not helpful to you. Not that it necessarily affected your team. But you never abuse australians like that and expect them to lay down. It usually gives aussies motivation that they may not have had otherwise.

For the record i believe we came here relatively prepared and had a high priority on this. I also believe our expectations were not high. But now that you gave us a sniff. We will likely fight quite hard... and in all likelihood... lose. But we really only need one more chance after being essentially "gifted" a game due to various reasons*

*if you try to tell me we didn't EARN that victory. I will disagree. 

Fair enough 

well deserved win for Aussies 

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is the kind of false bravado I have been dead against.

Aussies still didn't look world beaters against spin either but they get their basics right.let us take an example of the Pakistan series....well in the end Pak was thrashed but the difference is Aus gobble almost every half chance that come their way and pak imploded when they had a chance. we drop even a semi decent chance almost like Pakistani and lose important sessions just like they did.

DRS use has been cringeworthy.

if we do the basics right we will still come up trumps.

but Aus team looked focus...not a single wicket was given by showing bravado...even warner looked like he was ready to fight it out and curb his natural game.

in these conditions and given the form India were in prior to the start we are still the favorites.

also the most exciting thing about this team are its mental strength....so no worries there.

i am worried about rookie mistakes.

for starters apart from the fielding and DRS use that I have already mentioned...underestimating their spinners and also underestimating how well they have come prepared.

Aus really want this and yes they are not a world beating team by any means...we are stronger on paper still need to play them like they are equals rather than waiting for them to bend and take it.

no grizzly bear or sleeping giant ,false bravado stuff.

put your head down ,focus on things on hand, execute your plans...pretty much basic cricket 101.

team combo is ok for the most part and nothing wrong with the team that was played...just play horses for courses and we should still win this series.

well played and credit needs to be given and mistakes have to be acknowledged.

really impressed with Kohli's after match talk....no bravado,no excuses and certainly no

process bs.

thats the heartwarming part.

All that het heads down and work etc is for Indian team and players . Agree 100 per cent 

but as a fan i tell you know . The boys won't be happy . In fact test 2 they gonna be on it . Wait and watch 

9 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

They will pay the penalty Aussies . Just like against majestic Brazil football team in their pomp , they could be casual but don't score early against them and go one nil up as you wake the big bear up.

aussies screwed up . We gonna wake up now and unleash hell on them . The bear is wide awake now .

that o Keefe is gonna be owned now. He had his moment on a 10th day track . Now he gonna be mastered , prepare to toil .

end of series there will be only one team with crisis and inquest and it won't be the big grizzly bear 

ps we drew first game v England and also same nonsense was talked . End of series kohli had England skippers head on a platter for consumption 

bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Thanks for laugh!

Why should the number 2 team in the world be happy with a 3-1?They win they take the number 1 ranking.

Yes the bear should have been awake,complacency cost India the match.

Btw welcome to ICF :icflove:

Introduce yourself.

Bhai didn't the tone told you about him, sachaiyi chhip nahi sakti banavat ke usoolon se, ke khushboo aa nhi sakti kabhi kagaz ke phoolon se.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

But comments from people like harbhajan were not helpful to you. Not that it necessarily affected your team. But you never abuse australians like that and expect them to lay down.

How were Harbhajan's comments abusive? All he did was predict a 4-0 win to India. Something the likes of McGrath does before every other ashes series you guys play.