Best hill stations in Ind

zen

Chakrata is a few meters higher even from Dharmshala in terms of altitude at 2118 meters from sea level while Dharmshala is 2082 meters.

PS: Stand corrected. Dharmshala altitude is 1457 meters, not 2082 meters. Nainital is 2082 meters.

Edited by rkt.india

On 3/25/2017 at 8:17 PM, Muloghonto said:

*so jealous!**
I've been to Kalimpong. Great little town. For me, its Gangtok. Beautiful, just the right balance of small town with big town amenities and night life.

Agree.. Gangtok/Darjeeling is pretty awesome!.. you can go to different hill stations from there too. I would prefer Manali as well.. and stay in that proper town square if you can..

Just now, veer said:

Agree.. Gangtok/Darjeeling is pretty awesome!.. you can go to different hill stations from there too. I would prefer Manali as well.. and stay in that proper town square if you can..

Yeah. Manali is a close second for me to Gangtok, from where i've been. Never been to Uttarakhand and the NE, so i can't say. Pahalgam and gulmarg were amazing too, but i was there in the early 80s as a teenager and i don't think its the same place anymore.