Why did East Pakistan never receive the same love like Kashmir from West Pakistan?

Gollum

Jammu and Kashmir tops post-60 life expectancy list

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Jammu-and-Kashmir-tops-post-60-life-expectancy-list/articleshow/55082866.cms

How long will an Indian live after 60? It depends on which state you live in. Post-60 life expectancy is highest in a state you would least expect — J&K. People of this state who are 60 years old will live for another 21.1 years on an average. At the other extreme is Chhattisgarh, where such life span is 15.6 years.On an average, in India, a man will live for another 17 years and a woman for 19 years after turning 60.

:

:

Kerala, with its low infant mortality , higher incomes, higher education levels and better health indicators, has the highest lifespan of 74.9 years among all states. Closely following it are Delhi, J&K, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab. Lowest lifespans are in Assam, followed by UP, MP, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.

Beyond the age of five years, J&K emerges as the state with highest lifespan for every five-year age group except the over 70 years group. According to experts, not too bad poverty levels (15% compared to India's average of about 30%), more equitable land ownership and the temperate climate in Kashmir valley that is less conducive for tropical diseases and pollution may have created conditions for this higher lifespan.

:

:

Sharing FYI.

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

OK buddy.  I don't know anything.  Happy.  Run along now.  

I wanted our views to converge. But if you insist, you can keep expecting and holding Indian government to a much higher standard regarding Kashmir and keep on feeling sad for Kashmiris. Doesn't affect me obviously. I am happy regardless.

It was a power and identity struggle and the assumed Muslim identity rather than being Punjabi what many posters have stated above.  After the partition, the elitists that came to power were Urdu speaking.  Urdu is not even an indigenous language of Pakistan.  Slowly Muslim identity became synonymous with the Urdu language.   In its motherland, the Punjabi language was simply thrown out by the high ranking elitists and Punjabi became the only mother tongue language not studied in schools, whereas all the rest of the provinces in Pakistan taught their mother tongue i.e sindhi, baloch, pashto,etc.  Punjab was the only province that didn't teach their mother tongue in schools and above..

This was no way about the interests of the Punjabi culture or language but rather simply about power and the supposedly Muslim identity crisis. 

Edited by PBN

I recently read an article in main stream Pak media about a 'sucsful pkstaani girl who left her 6 figoor selry in Islamabad for teaching downtrodden in hunza valley in gb' there are many slums in islamabad but yeah this girl chose to go to Kashmir pok to teach local hunza there, hunzas are let us say very atypical to usual pakistanis so it made for a few good pictures and any way the six figure is in pakistani rupees so more like 3 figures. The pics are very nice portrays pkstaan as central Asian fair blue eyed with paahadi elaka behind..Not withstanding the fact that pakistan is mostly desert polluted **** hole with unwashed population like any other underdeveloped country. So yeah pkstaanis like kashmiris for a reason Bangladeshis are too dark skinned che che che and BD has no snowfilled mountains not pkstaaan. Lol 

On 3/30/2017 at 1:49 PM, sandeep said:

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying bashing our army or putting 100% blame on Indian Govt - Kashmiris have been foolishly indulging in fantasies and commiting crimes leading to strong response.   But as an Indian citizen, I want my government to do better than they are doing.  Kashmiris may still be idiots, but our policies have a lot of room for adjustment and can be more sophisticated.  

Like what exactly. I would say abolish special consideration for Kashmir let it be settled by other Indian people yeah that policy can change. Kashmiris who want to join pak can be allowed to walk across the border, an pok can be taken back with force yeah.

They support Kashmir separatism for purely political reasons and not because they care about them. They support terrorism in the valley while cracking down on separatists in Balochistan and other parts of Pakistan with lot more force. That's why nobody takes them seriously because their support for Kashmir lacks integrity and driven by a selfish, political motive.

Edited by kubrickian