Pakistan in West Indies 2017

Asim

for everyone here who still is confused, regretting or laughing at what Gabriel did:

having all 11 fielder around him and Yasir back over the wicket, leaving or padding was no option for him... + he  thought a defensive shot might convert into bat-pad nick etc, only couple of balls ago he avoided one with help of review... so all he thought was to go hard and try clearing the circle and avoid bat-pad etc... However u can see just before the ball Younis Khan asked Yasir to bowl just outside off bcz he will go for it which can give Pak a chance, Yasir bowled, Gabrield did the same and luckily for Pak it worked...

4 hours ago, Asim said:

for everyone here who still is confused, regretting or laughing at what Gabriel did:

having all 11 fielder around him and Yasir back over the wicket, leaving or padding was no option for him... + he  thought a defensive shot might convert into bat-pad nick etc, only couple of balls ago he avoided one with help of review... so all he thought was to go hard and try clearing the circle and avoid bat-pad etc... However u can see just before the ball Younis Khan asked Yasir to bowl just outside off bcz he will go for it which can give Pak a chance, Yasir bowled, Gabrield did the same and luckily for Pak it worked...

I watched the whole match, including that shot and I thought that was mighty stupid of gabriel to play that shot. The game was lost by Gabriel. Having said that, I always believe when the main batsmen cant score the runs or defend the match, it isnt for the bowlers to do the batsman's job. 

But congrats to Pakistan and to @Asim! What a joy it would have been for entire Pakistan! It was a pressure cooker situation, I tell you

Congratulations to Pak fans for the win - Good for Misbah that he got to win the series, he gets too much flak for his captaincy.   Would be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for the Windies to pull out that draw though. :D   So close.  Great drama to end that series.