Confessions of Virat Kohli !!!

velu

22 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

I really hope you are joking ,  Kohli is a terrible captain and shouldn't be a captain in the first place.   His antics , over the top behavior is an insult to captains like Dhoni , Waugh , Smith ,  Vettori , Ponting et al.

This guy needs to mature quite a bit before he could be made captain -  I wouldn't mind Rahane being the captain

You are new here boy, you will soon learn :biggrin::aha:

8 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

I really hope you are joking ,  Kohli is a terrible captain and shouldn't be a captain in the first place.   His antics , over the top behavior is an insult to captains like Dhoni , Waugh , Smith ,  Vettori , Ponting et al.

This guy needs to mature quite a bit before he could be made captain -  I wouldn't mind Rahane being the captain

Ofcourse anyone from Mumbai will be great.. isn't it??

14 hours ago, TheWall said:

Ofcourse anyone from Mumbai will be great.. isn't it??

Certainly not, I'm not from mumbai so I'm. Not biased towards mumbai players. Rahane brings a sense of calmness into the role, kohli acts like a chimp with ADHD. His last game against KKR was embarrassing 

23 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

Ok antics over the top behaviour are u talking about sreesanth

Chalo if i beileve did u watch ponting 

Ur defination of captaincy is as shallow as anything. 

All may be good tactians but none will bring a cultural n attitude change in our cricket what kohli will do in next few yrs. The change in fitness of everyone is already evident. Look at the pride with which team has started to.play test again

Rahane won 1 test with a team build by kohli for 20 odd test and he becomws the captain. Just becoz he is quite......

Well captain nhin moral science ka teacher banao usse

On 5/7/2017 at 9:21 PM, BeautifulGame said:

What is there to haunt.

Kids react exuberantly .

King of the jungle who has done it all the time just acknowledges it .

Just reaffirms ,no, enhances the greatness and Mass of MSD.

Real boss that ,need to keep it as profile picture.

Its the starting time for smith to maybe win such high intensity match. 

For MSD its business as usual. :bandit: 

15 hours ago, TheWall said:

Actually, its the Process which going on...

:yikes: Kohli is still a process captain? Even after being captain for so long. I thought he would have results captain till now :cantstop: 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ok antics over the top behaviour are u talking about sreesanth

Chalo if i beileve did u watch ponting 

Ur defination of captaincy is as shallow as anything. 

All may be good tactians but none will bring a cultural n attitude change in our cricket what kohli will do in next few yrs. The change in fitness of everyone is already evident. Look at the pride with which team has started to.play test again

Rahane won 1 test with a team build by kohli for 20 odd test and he becomws the captain. Just becoz he is quite......

Well captain nhin moral science ka teacher banao usse

Oh wow personal attacks eh , I won't go down to that level bud but I'll explain a bit more in detail , hopefully that would help

I am quite precisely talking about Kohli -  The guy is an embarassment - Maybe I am old school and come from a view of sportsperson where they carry themselves with grace -  Sachin,  Amla ,  Zaheer,  Dravid,  Smith,   Waugh -  Quite disciplined.

Every single time there is a dropped catch or a decision gone against Kohli - you can literally see him swearing and acting over the top ?

I did not even give a definition of captaincy - how did you determine its shallow ?    He's behaviour is not fit as a dignified athlete let alone a captain.   Dhoni has captained India around 10 years or so and he's achieved quite a lot.  When was the last time you saw Dhoni cursing his players and cursing the Umpire ?

If this is the cultural change you intend to bring into the team - that's quite an horrible attitude to have.  You don't have to run your mouth to play aggressive.  Dhoni is an aggressive captain - you don't see him cursing everyone off. 

1 hour ago, bleaf27 said:

Oh wow personal attacks eh , I won't go down to that level bud but I'll explain a bit more in detail , hopefully that would help

I am quite precisely talking about Kohli -  The guy is an embarassment - Maybe I am old school and come from a view of sportsperson where they carry themselves with grace -  Sachin,  Amla ,  Zaheer,  Dravid,  Smith,   Waugh -  Quite disciplined.

Every single time there is a dropped catch or a decision gone against Kohli - you can literally see him swearing and acting over the top ?

I did not even give a definition of captaincy - how did you determine its shallow ?    He's behaviour is not fit as a dignified athlete let alone a captain.   Dhoni has captained India around 10 years or so and he's achieved quite a lot.  When was the last time you saw Dhoni cursing his players and cursing the Umpire ?

If this is the cultural change you intend to bring into the team - that's quite an horrible attitude to have.  You don't have to run your mouth to play aggressive.  Dhoni is an aggressive captain - you don't see him cursing everyone off. 

IMO Kohli is a bit too emotional at the moment. I'm fine with it TBH but I worry about the way his shoulders drop and the way he starts acting like a clueless kid when things don't go his way especially in shorter formats. When Narine was taking apart RCB, Kohli looked bereft of ideas and his panicky body language does rub off on his team-mates.

Other than that I've no problems with Kohli and the way he acts. If he wants to have a go at the opponents so be it as long as it doesn't affect him and his team. So far Kohli has shown inability to finish off the opponent when his team had the opponent down and had its foot on opponent's throat. He let Mumbai get away after reducing them to 10/4, nearly allowed Eng to chase 370 odd against India and has a knack of taking weird bowling decisions. That's what scares me more than Kohli's behavior on the field. I couldn't care less if he swears or curses as long as his team wins.

11 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

Not a personal attack.....its an attack on the entire people who have this kind of thought that people cant express who they are

Why does every one have to act like dravid or sachin. Warne , miandad, lilee, mcgrath were gr8 players did their behaviour hamper their game. Noooo.....what works for works for them, no one is asking to be like them.

His reaction is the idea of his expectation from his team and it not wrong , infact its right and its high time. U cant be champions unless u raise ur game and he demands by setting examples. 

The problem with most of old school thought people is that they have accepted that they mediocrity and he has come n showed middle finger to all of them. Just becoz we have had player like dravid n sachin doesnt eman we have to bend down always. We are equals n shud act like one .....

Dhoni has achieved a lot n he stuck to his style.......how many times wasnt he criticsed for being to calm. People will criticise u for ur style when u fail no matter what.  Same people went crazy over him that why is he calm he doesnt give a ****.....

Ponting was a bratty captain, so was clarke ....ur telling me those were not sucessful.......

Where is written u have to copy dhoni. People have mouth n they ll take, i have been a huge dhoni fan but people scrutnized him also for not being passionate like ganguly. The reality is people will criticize u when u fail. Same ganguly, dravid, dhoni faced a lot of flak for their behaviours in bad times. Nothing new happening. 

IF u cant handle it shut the tv

Ill tell u why we need kohli as a captain. 

A captain brings a cultural change fore the coming generation. Ganguly bought self beilef , dhoni bought calmness so we dnt need replica of them anymore. We need something new. 

Kohli is bringing the importance of fitness which wasnt high for 50 yrs, he is demanding to bring the champion out of everyone......its high time a captain does that...

Stop acting like a moral police that if someone curse bad will happen. What ur kid will get spoiled or what. This is the fcking mentality we live in. We just like good boys cant handle rebels. Well rebels are successful and so was dhoni n ganguly to in their way .

Make some one captain, well let others earn it. 

What example we ll give removing kohli, a guy who won non stop and made world took us seriously in world cricket is removed coz he demands highly from his players. Didnt imran khan abused when his players made poor effort . Hear stories from akram how imran ran after him with a stump to beat him when he thew his wkt. Imran didnt have a gr8 record neither was considered tactically gr8 but he bought a cultural

Sorry boss we dnt need moral science teachers. Kohli may not be tactically good but he has earned his captaincy which no one else have . Let him fail 1st. U dnt like his way shut the tv.......

Old school never got us anywere accept showing off how good we are in behaviour .....

Its all about winning the games and raising ur game not earning fair play points.

Oh btw u want me show u clips of dhoni threatning umpires and having a go at his players. If u want dhoni replica as captain why to remove him........every captain brings something new.......no one can emulate someone style. Do what comes to them naturally 

Stop looking at his cursing......look at the real picture he is demanding to be best......

N most importantly everyone will fail, the names u mentioned above  failed to ........no need to take ur swords out when someone fails. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Not a personal attack.....its an attack on the entire people who have this kind of thought that people cant express who they are

Why does every one have to act like dravid or sachin. Warne , miandad, lilee, mcgrath were gr8 players did their behaviour hamper their game. Noooo.....what works for works for them, no one is asking to be like them.

His reaction is the idea of his expectation from his team and it not wrong , infact its right and its high time. U cant be champions unless u raise ur game and he demands by setting examples. 

The problem with most of old school thought people is that they have accepted that they mediocrity and he has come n showed middle finger to all of them. Just becoz we have had player like dravid n sachin doesnt eman we have to bend down always. We are equals n shud act like one .....

Dhoni has achieved a lot n he stuck to his style.......how many times wasnt he criticsed for being to calm. People will criticise u for ur style when u fail no matter what.  Same people went crazy over him that why is he calm he doesnt give a ****.....

Ponting was a bratty captain, so was clarke ....ur telling me those were not sucessful.......

Where is written u have to copy dhoni. People have mouth n they ll take, i have been a huge dhoni fan but people scrutnized him also for not being passionate like ganguly. The reality is people will criticize u when u fail. Same ganguly, dravid, dhoni faced a lot of flak for their behaviours in bad times. Nothing new happening. 

IF u cant handle it shut the tv

Ill tell u why we need kohli as a captain. 

A captain brings a cultural change fore the coming generation. Ganguly bought self beilef , dhoni bought calmness so we dnt need replica of them anymore. We need something new. 

Kohli is bringing the importance of fitness which wasnt high for 50 yrs, he is demanding to bring the champion out of everyone......its high time a captain does that...

Stop acting like a moral police that if someone curse bad will happen. What ur kid will get spoiled or what. This is the fcking mentality we live in. We just like good boys cant handle rebels. Well rebels are successful and so was dhoni n ganguly to in their way .

Make some one captain, well let others earn it. 

What example we ll give removing kohli, a guy who won non stop and made world took us seriously in world cricket is removed coz he demands highly from his players. Didnt imran khan abused when his players made poor effort . Hear stories from akram how imran ran after him with a stump to beat him when he thew his wkt. Imran didnt have a gr8 record neither was considered tactically gr8 but he bought a cultural

Sorry boss we dnt need moral science teachers. Kohli may not be tactically good but he has earned his captaincy which no one else have . Let him fail 1st. U dnt like his way shut the tv.......

Old school never got us anywere accept showing off how good we are in behaviour .....

Its all about winning the games and raising ur game not earning fair play points.

Oh btw u want me show u clips of dhoni threatning umpires and having a go at his players. If u want dhoni replica as captain why to remove him........every captain brings something new.......no one can emulate someone style. Do what comes to them naturally 

Stop looking at his cursing......look at the real picture he is demanding to be best......

N most importantly everyone will fail, the names u mentioned above  failed to ........no need to take ur swords out when someone fails. 

Mate  I don't think you realize what you type because you clearly make a quite of bit of assumptions and simplify things to make your point.

".its an attack on the entire people who have this kind of thought that people cant express who they are"  -     Firstly you shouldn't be attacking anyone in the first place , you don't need to be a keyboard warrior and secondly you dont know me and are assuming that I cannnot express myself ?   So how I am a person and how I express myself is based in your opinion solely on whether I  like a cricketer ?   You do realize how illogical that sounds ?

No one is asking to behave like Sachin, Dravid , Waugh etc in terms of cricketing ability.  But when you represent a nation , a sport on an international level - there comes a sense of responsibility -  You need to reflect that in your behavior. 

His reaction is an expectation from his team ?  Really ?  Who told you so ?   You really like making assumptions ?  Were you a part of the team meetings where Kohli was asked to act like an ass ?  Is that a new job description of a captain ?   Did the kjob requirements changed since Dhoni was captain or Rahane was captain because they surely did not look like they skipped their ADHD meds .

U cant be champions unless u raise ur game and he demands by setting examples   -   So your definition of raising games is acting like an idiot ?  Sachin is the epitome of performance - so you are saying he never raised his game ?  So unless you aren't cursing , fighting with the umpires , acting like an ass , you aren't "raising" your game ?

Just becoz we have had player like dravid n sachin doesnt eman we have to bend down always   ?   Are you new to cricket cuz I am really confused if you've been watching the sport for a long time ?   -    Sachin decimated Australia in Sharjah , Akhtar in 2003 w/c vs Pak without "bending" down -    doing your job without running your mouth isn't bending down.  Let your bat do the talking - not your mouth.   Dravid / Laxman stood tall for India in the hardest of times because they let their bats do the talking -   Australia fooled Kohli quite easily in the Test series by making him look stupid and acting like an idiot. 

I agree Kohli brings a culture of fitness that's great.  He needs his team to be fit and motivate them to work harder which is all fair.  But questioning every call against him with the umpires , cursing his own players when they make a mis field or be clueless and starting to panic when things don't go his way isn't the culture we need. 

It's Dhoni's time to go so that's why need a replacement.  Quite Simple - Dhoni did his part - he has built his legacy and it's time to move on.   Kohli can do his antics as a batsman whatever he wants to do but when he is in the role of a captain - he needs to demonstrate some degree of maturity and respect to the country and the sport.   Acting like an over privileged child is quite emparassing. 

Kohli is going to keep behaving like a true delhite, he won't show fake diplomacy, he wears his heart on the sleeve, he'll fight, scream, cry, laugh, he'll mock you but at the end of the day, he'll be a great captain and more important than that he'll be a great LEADER which many great captains were NOT. All trolling aside, it is ridiculous that some people question kohli's captaincy based on a few ipl matches. 

43 minutes ago, New guy said:

After a long time seeing some proper debate on ICF. Usually its infested by trolls

trolls better than trolled :p:

obviosuly not evenyone is emotinally attached like you and need post serious stuffs to defend your bahgwan

1 hour ago, kira said:

Kohli is going to keep behaving like a true delhite, he won't show fake diplomacy, he wears his heart on the sleeve, he'll fight, scream, cry, laugh, he'll mock you but at the end of the day, he'll be a great captain and more important than that he'll be a great LEADER which many great captains were NOT. All trolling aside, it is ridiculous that some people question kohli's captaincy based on a few ipl matches. 

My backgrounds from Delhi as well and his behavior isn't anything to be proud of or representative of all Delhiites.  He is a passionate cricketer no doubt and plays with intensity but Virat Kohli a batsman and Virat Kohli as a captain are two different things.   Give the captaincy away and act like an idiot - no worries.   But if you want to be a captain as well - respect the sport and your opponents and the officials. 

I am not sure how you can predict he would be a great leader - certainly hasn't shown any signs of it yet.  It needs to be seen. 

Kohli's captaincy against Australia in the Test series was quite embarassing and his decision making is quite irrational regardless of IPL or any other platform 

1 minute ago, bleaf27 said:

My backgrounds from Delhi as well and his behavior isn't anything to be proud of or representative of all Delhiites.  

Talk about going off a tangent? My comment was about kohli and not a commentary on delhites, try to remain focussed on the crux of the point 

He is a passionate cricketer no doubt and plays with intensity but Virat Kohli a batsman and Virat Kohli as a captain are two different things.   Give the captaincy away and act like an idiot - no worries.   But if you want to be a captain as well - respect the sport and your opponents and the officials. 

His attitude has brought him tremendous success, he's not going to change it just because a few fans find it unacceptable or unworthy of a captain. He respects the sport, that's why he's reached the level he is at, he represents the new gen India who have grown up watching some very meek cricketers represent India in the 90s. We've seen the arrogant Aussie team at its peak, that's what inspires kohli and my generation, that's what we want to emulate, it doesn't mean we disrespect the dravids and tendulkars, I am one of the biggest tendulkar fan on this forum. 

I am not sure how you can predict he would be a great leader - certainly hasn't shown any signs of it yet.  It needs to be seen. 

Kohli's captaincy against Australia in the Test series was quite embarassing and his decision making is quite irrational regardless of IPL or any other platform 

You are not sure how I can predict he would be a great leader but you have no problem making assumptions about him. I know kohli will be a great leader because of what I've seen in the past year, he's changed the attitude of the Indian test team, the way India  fought back in the banglore test  against australia is enough proof to show his leadership skills. One australian series is enough to make you go on tirade against kohli but you conveniently forgot the 20 match unbeaten run before that series.