Dhoni - The biggest match winner in the history of IPL

Ultimate_Game

1 minute ago, Shunya said:

Yaar, him winning matlab his team winning...and as you know he guides his team, his teammates, everyone around him. Just like what we saw today. Koi nai...Krishna ka naam lo...tumhare punjab ki bhi bhaag khul jayenge agar MSD ne saath de diya to...:aha:

It was a Ghatotkach type performance. Clueless for a while, then all hammer and tongs. Not bad though.

24 minutes ago, Shunya said:

And he has also won the most number of matches in IPL history. I understand you like plenty of others have been cranky at not getting a chance to cheer for your team this late in the season, but for the sake of your team, try and keep your hatred aside for MSD and cheer for your team whom he is fighting hard to give a title.

I have cheered for my team throughout. I am glad Dhoni did a decent job today and helped us reach a par score, but it was Sundar's bowling and Smith's captaincy that won RPS the match. Smith has heroically managed to form a team out of some over-the-hill, out of work, mostly rejected players - and given them the confidence and freedom to express themselves. I know MSD is fighting hard - his struggles are all too visible, not to win the title, rather just to remain relevant. I am still glad that he has managed to carve out 2 good knocks in 15 matches.

46 minutes ago, Shunya said:

And he has also won the most number of matches in IPL history. I understand you like plenty of others have been cranky at not getting a chance to cheer for your team this late in the season, but for the sake of your team, try and keep your hatred aside for MSD and cheer for your team whom he is fighting hard to give a title.

He's a real Pune unlike those Dhoni chamchas who took potshots at goenka and Smith and everyone else and are now finally joining the bandwagon like shameless idiots. Props to magneto :hatsoff:

4 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I have cheered for my team throughout. I am glad Dhoni did a decent job today and helped us reach a par score, but it was Sundar's bowling and Smith's captaincy that won RPS the match. Smith has heroically managed to form a team out of some over-the-hill, out of work, mostly rejected players - and given them the confidence and freedom to express themselves. I know MSD is fighting hard - his struggles are all too visible, not to win the title, rather just to remain relevant. I am still glad that he has managed to carve out 2 good knocks in 15 matches.

Yea, why don't you try to pass on the message to the players of your team. Those over-the-hill, out of work, mostly rejected players are actually singing praises of MSD who is backing them and inspiring them even before they were selected. May be you need to send them the memo explaining why you and other haters on ICF want them to criticize Dhoni in all interviews and remind them that Smith is the captain and not MSD. Unfortunately for you they are all in awe of the man against your wishes.

I hope you can enjoy this winning season instead of burning inside seeing MSD the old man playing in your team.

22 minutes ago, Magneto said:

3 good knocks really in the last 20+ IPL  matches and even in some of those knocks other players out played him. And not to forget the numerous innings he tried to sabotage if it wasn't for the  brilliance of stokes and tripathi. Sad how low the standards are these days. :giggle:

Edited by laaloo

7 minutes ago, laaloo said:

He's a real Pune unlike those Dhoni chamchas who took potshots at goenka and Smith and everyone else and are now finally joining the bandwagon like shameless idiots. Props to magneto :hatsoff:

I will skip the banter. Those 5 towering sixes in Wankhede will do its job for next couple of days.

Indeed props to Saurav. He has stuck with his team for long time. Well Done. But we will still continue to support Dhoni and his team in all times. 

1 minute ago, Shunya said:

I will skip the banter. Those 5 towering sixes in Wankhede will do its job for next couple of days.

Indeed props to Saurav. He has stuck with his team for long time. Well Done. But we will still continue to support Dhoni and his team in all times. 

Well if you supported Pune from the beginning then props to you. Can't say the same for other Dhoni fans though. 

Oh Magneto is Saurav,apna hi aadmi hai.

6 hours ago, Shunya said:

Yea, why don't you try to pass on the message to the players of your team. Those over-the-hill, out of work, mostly rejected players are actually singing praises of MSD who is backing them and inspiring them even before they were selected. May be you need to send them the memo explaining why you and other haters on ICF want them to criticize Dhoni in all interviews and remind them that Smith is the captain and not MSD. Unfortunately for you they are all in awe of the man against your wishes.

I hope you can enjoy this winning season instead of burning inside seeing MSD the old man playing in your team.

Ha ha. Let's get some perspective here.

1) Dhoni is a superstar, a senior player in the team. In an IPL environment, junior players often try and get tips from seniors who they happen to meet in the same franchise. Numerous other players have often stated how some senior Indian/international player have helped them. So nothing to get overexcited here.

2) No one says they should hate Dhoni and make comments in public. In fact, even if they do, for the sake of diplomacy, they will keep smiling and say 'Mahi bhai' 'Mahi bhai' in public. 

3) Dhoni's lackluster performance overall is making his bhakts clutch at straws, and whoever criticizes him becomes a 'hater'. All you bhakts are looking for are inanities like - whether people chanted 'Dhoni, Dhoni'. Arey baba, no one's denying that Dhoni is an iconic figure in Indian cricket and the crowds will cheer for him when they see him. That is the most natural thing, and these are fans who has come to see their superstars and have a good time - they are not harsh critics of the game and do not care if Dhoni has scored a duck in the last ten games. Their reaction cannot be the parameter for anything. Also, for the same reason a junior player maybe grateful for having a chat with Dhoni. That does not mean that Dhoni is backing and inspiring them 24/7; these things only play on your mind when you are looking at anything or everything to big up Dhoni. It's a natural thing for senior, iconic players to give pep talks to juniors and it happens in every team.

4) Unfortunately, what is happening is some of you cannot see Smith's success. You want to take away credit from him, because you didn't want this - you wanted the team to fail so that you can ridicule Smith and the owners. Now since Smith has done a brilliant job, you guys are trying to figure out ways to neutralize that.

And, a genuine fan will always be happy with his team's success. But don't grudge him when he says that this guy or that guy could have still done better. That's still his right, and don't call him a hater when he does so. He's not a pseudo fan like some of you who's supporting a team because of one individual. For him, the team will always come first.

Edited by Magneto

34 minutes ago, Magneto said:

1) Dhoni is a superstar, a senior player in the team. In an IPL environment, junior players often try and get tips from seniors who they happen to meet in the same franchise. Numerous other players have often stated how some senior Indian/international player have helped them. So nothing to get overexcited here.

2) No one says they should hate Dhoni and make comments in public. In fact, even if they do, for the sake of diplomacy, they will keep smiling and say 'Mahi bhai' 'Mahi bhai' in public. 

3) Dhoni's lackluster performance overall is making his bhakts clutch at straws, and whoever criticizes him becomes a 'hater'. All you bhakts are looking for are inanities like - whether people chanted 'Dhoni, Dhoni'. Arey baba, no one's denying that Dhoni is an iconic figure in Indian cricket and the crowds will cheer for him when they see him. That is the most natural thing, and these are fans who has come to see their superstars and have a good time - they are not harsh critics of the game and do not care if Dhoni has scored a duck in the last ten games. Their reaction cannot be the parameter for anything. Also, for the same reason a junior player maybe grateful for having a chat with Dhoni. That does not mean that Dhoni is backing and inspiring them 24/7; these things only play on your mind when you are looking at anything or everything to big up Dhoni. It's a natural thing for senior, iconic players to give pep talks to juniors and it happens in every team.

4) Unfortunately, what is happening is some of you cannot see Smith's success. You want to take away credit from him, because you didn't want this - you wanted the team to fail so that you can ridicule Smith and the owners. Now since Smith has done a brilliant job, you guys are trying to figure out ways to neutralize that.

And, a genuine fan will always be happy with his team's success. But don't grudge him when he says that this guy or that guy could have still done better. That's still his right, and don't call him a hater when he does so. He's not a pseudo fan like some of you who's supporting a team because of one individual. For him, the team will always come first.

Awesome post bro. :hatsoff: Agreed to each and every point. A true Pune fan. Others are just bandwagoners. If only Pune was doing worse these so called pune fans would have been talking **** about Pune, its owners, captain and everybody except Dhoni. 

4 hours ago, Magneto said:

I will try not to stretch this much, whatever has to be said is being said by the players of RPS as well as many others outside of the team. If you want to create your perspective to suit your agenda, so be it.

And regarding this forum, with so much hate flying around against Dhoni, I am just trying to bring some balance(this is what most of the people do nowadays including all mods and admins). So what you call us bigging up Dhoni is only because lot of haters bringing down Dhoni and his legacy.

If you dislike Dhoni and his fans so much, you can ask your Owners and team captain to drop Dhoni from the line up. Hey I am sure you opinion against all Dhoni fans is more important for the owners, isnt it? If any fan has right to criticize a player, others have right to praise him as well. 

Having said that, you can be no.1 fan of Pune. I or anyone have no problems with that. Why so serious?

7 minutes ago, Shunya said:

I will try not to stretch this much, whatever has to be said is being said by the players of RPS as well as many others outside of the team. If you want to create your perspective to suit your agenda, so be it.

And regarding this forum, with so much hate flying around against Dhoni, I am just trying to bring some balance(this is what most of the people do nowadays including all mods and admins). So what you call us bigging up Dhoni is only because lot of haters bringing down Dhoni and his legacy.

If you dislike Dhoni and his fans so much, you can ask your Owners and team captain to drop Dhoni from the line up. Hey I am sure you opinion against all Dhoni fans is more important for the owners, isnt it? If any fan has right to criticize a player, others have right to praise him as well. 

Having said that, you can be no.1 fan of Pune. I or anyone have no problems with that. Why so serious?

1) Please quote me when I have said that I really dislike Dhoni. Why put words in my mouth to suit your agenda? 

2) Why would a team owner drop a player who is his biggest brand? That's just silly to suggest. This is not some gully match, this is corporate cricket.

3) I have no opinion against 'all' Dhoni fans. My point was against Dhoni bhakts, who think that Dhoni should be the biggest cog in the wheel, in fact the wheel itself. They have to realise that Dhoni is just another cog in the wheel, and his contribution would be scrutinized in professional cricket like any other player.

4) Now being serious has become an issue? :no:

18 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Its all good fun. Senti kyun hotaa hai bhayee. Dhoni fans arent insecure. India/Indian Captain is yet to lift a (NOT Bilateral series ) trophy under the so called Greatest and brainiest and calmest of all time.

Edited by mishra

10 minutes ago, Magneto said:

1) Please quote me when I have said that I really dislike Dhoni. Why put words in my mouth to suit your agenda? 

2) Why would a team owner drop a player who is his biggest brand? That's just silly to suggest. This is not some gully match, this is corporate cricket.

3) I have no opinion against 'all' Dhoni fans. My point was against Dhoni bhakts, who think that Dhoni should be the biggest cog in the wheel, in fact the wheel itself. They have to realise that Dhoni is just another cog in the wheel, and his contribution would be scrutinized in professional cricket like any other player.

4) Now being serious has become an issue? :no:

1) Just like you inferred that I want to take away credit from Smith. On the contrary I believe Smith has done very well. Kudos to him. But you are trying hard to take away credit from Dhoni as well. Its very obvious that MSD brings a lot to the table and Smith would not be able to achieve it without his support. We see that in every game, even Smith and lot of other players continue to give credit to him but unfortunately you the unbiased no.1 fan of your team cannot see it. I am sorry that is just disliking a player and I dont even know why.

2)If he is supposedly your biggest brand and he is bringing lot of fan base for you, why degrade everyone by calling them bandwagoner. I understand other team fans who are butthurt at loosing against RPS who will continue to diss everyone who supports Dhoni, but why would you do it. You and your owners are getting what you wanted, Dhoni is bringing so much support and money. Dont join the butthurt gang. 

3)Everyone is a cog in the wheel, Dhoni as well as others. Lets judge everyone equally. I am all for it. Why do we see so many threads on ICF about Dhoni or so many abuses for him in every single thread. You criticized him for his performance, fair enough. What is the point of constant abuse, why not judge other cog in the wheels as well. That will be against the agenda, so stop blaming everything on Dhoni fans or Dhoni bhakts and twist every discussion into them. Heck, I would not even pass as a Dhoni bhakt. I enjoyed watching my cricket and enjoyed watching everyone from Sachin to Sehwag to Yuvi to Dhoni and Kohli and co currently. But seems like there is constant effort to diss Dhoni and his legacy. Its a shame that we see it on Indian Cricket forum.

4) And nahi hote bhai serious...chod...Mumbai is going to beat the **** out of us on Sunday. lol...you being a no 1 fan or bangwagoner is not going to help against the barrage of trolling that is going to happen.