Excessive frisking in Indian Stadiums

51 minutes ago, Sam10 said:

Eden Gardens has got a history of being rowdy but their security is much more lenient when compared to Kotla. At Kolkata they allow you to carry coins, pens, binoculars and also they don't give you a full body frisking. They just tap around the pockets of your trousers to see whether someone is carrying something dangerous or not. I think its a complete overdose of frisking and restrictions when it comes to Delhi

Kotla is in the capital...high risk city.

We get frisked when we go to the mall ,movies or even the metro.

Frisking is a way of life now and  no problem with it.It is most probably being done because there is a need. 

Check out the measures taken for 'NEET exams'.:p:Such measures would not be needed if people had not used extreme desperate measures to cheat.

Waisay people talking about sexist frisking....

Women are allowed to carry small knives in Delhi metro for self defence.:flute: If only men had been better behaved....

On 20 May 2017 at 6:05 PM, YCCC said:

They take coins? Bloody ell if they tried to take our brass at Headingley there'd be murder! What happens if you buy something with a note in the ground and get change in coins?

You will get no change in coins. Everything is a multiple of 10.

Edited by Magneto
6 hours ago, Sam10 said:

Eden Gardens has got a history of being rowdy but their security is much more lenient when compared to Kotla. At Kolkata they allow you to carry coins, pens, binoculars and also they don't give you a full body frisking. They just tap around the pockets of your trousers to see whether someone is carrying something dangerous or not. I think its a complete overdose of frisking and restrictions when it comes to Delhi

Kolkata had 6 levels of frisking 2 years back (when I last saw a game there). Wankhede doesn't allow you coins, Eden does - Binoculars are stadium dependant, Wankhede allowed small personal cameras this time. There is no standard rule per se, but you will do well if you only carry your wallet, keys and mobile. Anything else is a risk.  

2 minutes ago, velu said:

probably to avoid hititng the players using the coins ..

regular occurance in football 

Yeah, that's the reason only. Newspapers are disallowed too, since people make torches of the papers and throw them on the ground.

6 hours ago, Magneto said:

Kolkata had 6 levels of frisking 2 years back (when I last saw a game there). Wankhede doesn't allow you coins, Eden does - Binoculars are stadium dependant, Wankhede allowed small personal cameras this time. There is no standard rule per se, but you will do well if you only carry your wallet, keys and mobile. Anything else is a risk.  

When did Kolkata had so many Frisking? In which match?

I went to an IPL game in Hyd and I was frisked twice, once at the outer gate and once at the inner gate. They didnt make me take out my wallet or mobile phone though, so no issues with coins. 

It was annoying but we should be willing to give up a little bit of our freedom if it helps prevent terrorist attacks or other security situation. I would rather have that than no security checks.

On 5/19/2017 at 11:55 AM, Sam10 said:

Is the frisking done prior to the entry in a stadium turning too much nowadays? They strip people basically of everything except their mobile phones and wallets these days. I went to Feroz Shah Kotla for DD v KKR match and was frisked basically 5 times before I could take my seat. The search was quiet invasive and rigorous where they patted my entire body and also took my wallet out of my pocket and searched it for coins. My question is, is it that necessary? Morever women entering the stadium were not searched at all while the men were searched meticulously by the police forces. Any views people? 

Considering it's Delhi, no, it's not excessive. You should feel thankful they didn't do a cavity search as well.

On 2017-5-26 at 8:54 PM, TNAmarkFrmIndia said:

Considering it's Delhi, no, it's not excessive. You should feel thankful they didn't do a cavity search as well.

The search was next to a cavity sear h to be honest. I will send you a photo of that if I can fetch it.

On 5/20/2017 at 8:35 AM, YCCC said:

They take coins? Bloody ell if they tried to take our brass at Headingley there'd be murder! What happens if you buy something with a note in the ground and get change in coins?

England use a lot of coin currency, hardly the case in India.