What would be your ideal XI for ODIs

Doing well in longer format shows you have decent temperament and technique which could be useful in ODIs. Your stats could be misleading if you play one day games on flat pitches and do well but if there is a scenario in ODIs where pitch is helpful for bowlers, you need to be able to handle that and a good temperament and technique will come in handy. Having a good FC record means you are an all round good quality player.

We don't need our no.7 to think of playing out seamers in helpful pitches.

Thats the job of top order.

Our 5,6&7 should be attacking players who can score fast and play the big shots.

24 minutes ago, NareshK said:

Doing well in longer format shows you have decent temperament and technique which could be useful in ODIs. Your stats could be misleading if you play one day games on flat pitches and do well but if there is a scenario in ODIs where pitch is helpful for bowlers, you need to be able to handle that and a good temperament and technique will come in handy. Having a good FC record means you are an all round good quality player.

He will bat in the lower-middle order, will have to start hitting from ball one on most occasions  and his IPL performances are more relevant for these positions rather than FC.

Edited by express bowling
It is very important to include Krunal and Shankar in the ODI squad of 16 and keep them in the scheme of things.

I would really love Shankar to make it into the Indian team.My state captain and all and he definitely the ability to play international cricket as well.

His seam bowling option could add nice vareity as well.

But not sure where he would fit in.Ideally would want him in the top 4 and I am not sure he be selected ahead of Rahul or Pandey.Our top 3 are settled no.4 has the most competition.

I think his best utilisation will be as no.6 in test cricket imo

8 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

I would really love Shankar to make it into the Indian team.My state captain and all and he definitely the ability to play international cricket as well.

His seam bowling option could add nice vareity as well.

But not sure where he would fit in.Ideally would want him in the top 4 and I am not sure he be selected ahead of Rahul or Pandey.Our top 3 are settled no.4 has the most competition.

I think his best utilisation will be as no.6 in test cricket imo

For starters , he can play as the seaming all-rounder batting at No.6 in LOIs, if Hardik is injured.

34 minutes ago, NareshK said:

Same crap was thrown in case of hardik to.

If we only go by that logic we will only get allrounders like binny n rishi

N then jadeja shud bat at 6 as he has 3 triple hundred , isnt those stats misleading

He has to play loi only so thats were his game shud be looked and at 6,7 what technique of his wud be tested .....thats were only ur hitting is tested. 

How many helpful pitches u get in odi n if by anychance we get it we shud be worried about our openers then a player who will come at 6 or 7

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yeah he is a good back up for Pandya but I was thinking along the lines of first choice player

His start has to be as a backup as there are no slots open

If he performs, he may become a good no.4 as he is a proper batsman

Rahul may open then if one of the 2 openers are out of form.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Left arm seamers are Sran, Sangwan, Unadkat. Khejroliya is a wild card as very few know about him, but I am very sure of his instant success in domestic cricket and then quick flight to Indian team. He already had some success in domestic. Coming season will be really important for him.

What do you think about Milind?

7 minutes ago, Sooda said:

What do you think about Milind?

Millind has some issues. He does not swing the ball back in as he used to because he bowls from very wide of the stumps now and lacks pace to be really effective without swing. 

Posted the below in the restructuring thread:

Rahul / Rohit

Dhawan / Rohit

Kohli

Panday / Rohit

Pant

Pandya

Pandya

Kuldeep

Bhuvi 

Shami

Bumrah

* Batting line up is flexible. Pant can open too

* 4 pace options and 2 spin options provide flexibility to the captain

* U Yadav can be player depending up on the form of other bowlers

Edited by zen
5 minutes ago, zen said:

Posted the below in the restructuring thread:

Rahul / Rohit

Dhawan / Rohit

Kohli

Panday / Rohit

Pant

Pandya

Pandya

Kuldeep

Bhuvi

Shami

Yadav 

* Batting line up is flexible. Pant can open too

* 4 pace options and 2 spin options provide flexibility to the captain

where is Bumrah?

I agree with the OP completely. Just 1 suggestion. We need to have a pool of part time spin batting allrounders. Can't rely on Krunal alone. Maybe some line like Raina/Hooda along with Krunal to complete the 5th bowler quota. A strong explosive batsman will also mean we have all bases covered. One more point that we need to promote Hardik/Rahul/Pant up the order, maybe at #3 to give them more opportunities to score. We can't afford to have other batmen feel cold in crucial games!