I predict that cricket will cease to exist in next 25 years

2 hours ago, Tendu_10 said:

Tests maybe it will def be reduced to 4 days.

But T20s will be alive n well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Khota said:

T 20 will be fine.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/no-icc-world-t20-in-2018/article19099695.ece

The World Twenty20 Championship’s seventh edition next year is all set to be scrapped and pushed to 2020 as the top member nations will be busy with bilateral commitments in 2018.

T20s will survive.

even if tests odi cricket die and some other sport becomes the no1 passtime T20I will have a place.

Take US for example...Baseball used to be No1 but now  football and basketball have over taken it but still Baseball has a place and it's fair share of hardcore fans.

IPL is here to stay forever....soon we will have our own Any Given Sunday IPL version featuring the famous SRH win of 2016 :yay:

10 hours ago, chaman jhinga said:

what a rubbish post. Who said that asians are not fit? maybe east asians. You are talking as if all Europeans are fit. The thing is they have football culture right from the beginning while we do not. India does not produce world class football players because indians are not interested in football. But if indians start to take interest in football then they can also produce world class players.

Hockey also requires fit men and india had a world beater hockey team in the past and has a decent team now. So the question of physical fitness does not arise here. It's the matter of interest and culture. India never had interest nor the culture for football.

If you don't want to accept truth then its your problem. Football in India is much older than cricket, kids love playing football , go outside in evening and you will find 50% young boys playing football , Calcutta football league is oldest in Asia . Football clubs in India are much older than cricket clubs yet hardly any world class footballers is produced

And when it comes to fitness nobody can beat west Africans ,European clubs buy west African players in whole sale on the other hand despite craze and similar conditions eat and south african players hardly find any place in world class clubs.There is no answer why west africans are so good in sprinting and athletic sports apart from their fitness

And let me give you another news it is not only European clubs Indian football clubs also import them and give them hefty amount.

African footballers flock to India for greener pastures (Sports Feature)

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/african-footballers-flock-to-india-for-greener-pastures-sports-feature-114011200513_1.html

Be it in Kolkata, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune or in Goa, African footballers are finding their way into the top sides in Indian football. And why not? After all top clubs are spending anything between $100,000 to $400,000 each on African imports for a season.

Mohun Bagan skipper Odafe Onyeka Okolie is now the highest paid professional footballer in India with a pay package of approximately $400,000. His compatriot Ranty Martins, who plays for United SC, is also not far behind.

Yet despite football clubs paying such amount can't produce single world class footballers

15 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

If you don't want to accept truth then its your problem. Football in India is much older than cricket, kids love playing football , go outside in evening and you will find 50% young boys playing football , Calcutta football league is oldest in Asia . Football clubs in India are much older than cricket clubs yet hardly any world class footballers is produced

And when it comes to fitness nobody can beat west Africans ,European clubs buy west African players in whole sale on the other hand despite craze and similar conditions eat and south african players hardly find any place in world class clubs.There is no answer why west africans are so good in sprinting and athletic sports apart from their fitness

And let me give you another news it is not only European clubs Indian football clubs also import them and give them hefty amount.

Yet despite football clubs paying such amount can't produce single world class footballers

There is no truth in what you said. Football in India may be older than cricket but no one takes it seriously as a professional sport. It is only popular in east india. Kids in other parts just play it for passing their time because it is easier to play and also affordable.

Do you know that even hockey and kabaddi requires physical fitness and if Indians were not fit then how they were able to achieve success in these two sports? If they can achieve success in these two sports then they can easily achieve success in football too. It's just the matter of interest and taking it seriously instead of looking it as a time pass game.

Edited by chaman jhinga
9 minutes ago, chaman jhinga said:

There is no truth in what you said. Football in India may be older than cricket but no one takes it seriously as a professional sport. It is only popular in east india. Kids in other parts just play it for passing their time because it is easier to play and also affordable.

Do you know that even hockey and kabaddi requires physical fitness and if Indians were not fit then how they were able to achieve success in these two sports? If they can achieve success in these two sports then they can easily achieve success in football too. It's just the matter of interest and taking it seriously instead of looking it as a time pass game.

You are not understanding my post, Your fitness is going to be tested only when the sport is played by plenty of nations and there is craze for it. I don't think apart from India and Pakistan Field Hockey became so popular.Kabbadi is exculsively South Asian sport. Both sports hardly created crazy fans of their clubs or nations who dance with joy when their tem wins and cry when it loses.

If there is no truth in my post then please tell me how west Africa has created a factory of footballers which play in several nations despite poverty corruption and same problems of developing nations.

Cricket only needs India to exist. No other country is even needed. 

The most popular sport in the US is the NFL. Around half the population watches it, around 160 million people, and it leads all sports leagues in the world in revenue.  

At worst Cricket can become an Indian only sport with IPL becoming the pinnacle of Cricket, with foreign players aiming to get IPL contracts. 

10 hours ago, Singh bling said:

You are not understanding my post, Your fitness is going to be tested only when the sport is played by plenty of nations and there is craze for it. I don't think apart from India and Pakistan Field Hockey became so popular.Kabbadi is exculsively South Asian sport. Both sports hardly created crazy fans of their clubs or nations who dance with joy when their tem wins and cry when it loses.

If there is no truth in my post then please tell me how west Africa has created a factory of footballers which play in several nations despite poverty corruption and same problems of developing nations.

Field hockey is played in many countries. Much more than cricket although it is not that popular in those countries. But whatever teams they select have fit players in them. Still indian team does well against those fit players of other countries. Kabbadi is indian sport but many teams recently participated in recent world cup and it's popularity is going to increase.

again football is popular in west africa and that's why they have a FACTORY of footballers just like we have FACTORY of cricketers.

14 minutes ago, chaman jhinga said:

Field hockey is played in many countries. Much more than cricket although it is not that popular in those countries. But whatever teams they select have fit players in them. Still indian team does well against those fit players of other countries. Kabbadi is indian sport but many teams recently participated in recent world cup and it's popularity is going to increase.

again football is popular in west africa and that's why they have a FACTORY of footballers just like we have FACTORY of cricketers.

1) Just playing and craze are two different things, West Indians use to play in 70s and even now but the difference in quality of  their players is visible. people still say Holding , Ambrose were best ever athletes who played cricket.

2)Football is popular in entire Africa and many other parts of world

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/feb/01/sport.comment

Perhaps to some extent, although football is just as big in the east as it is in the west, despite all the Olympic glory Kenyan and Ethiopian runners have enjoyed. The most obvious explanation is that put forward by academics in the United States, South Africa and Europe: the West African physique is far better suited to the demands of modern football than the slighter build further east.

This will doubtless be interpreted as racist in some quarters, as it was when the same argument arose a few years ago in a study of Olympic medallists. The best sprinters are from West Africa, the distance runners from East Africa, and white men can't run was the headline interpretation.

'Many in sports physiology believe that it is training, the environment, what you eat that plays the most important role. But the genes are what counts most,' says a top scientist in human performance research, Bengt Saltin, of the Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre.

Jon Entine, an American anthropologist who was at the forefront of the running controversy, says: 'It's not a surprise that East Africans have not been good soccer players. In fact they are among the world's worst. They are dominated by the rift valley, the highland people, and their body type is different from West Africans. Not race, but body type, basic anthropology.

It's not to do with culture. To suggest colonial background and cultural differences are a major factor is ridiculous. History suggests it won't change. Increased levels of interest, hero worship and money will not change the body type, and will therefore not do enough to make a big difference.

You simply won't find elite footballers in any large numbers in east Africa.' Tim Noakes, a South African professor of sports science and exercise, loosely agrees with Entine. Only if football ever moves towards cultivating smaller players with great endurance, he says, will East Africa produce more players. European clubs are desperate to find 'strong, muscular, aggressive types' according to one scout and they look in any part of the world where they can find them. But not eastern Africa.

The size issue was graphically illustrated on Friday when Senegal played Kenya and towered over the East Africans, easily out-muscling them on the way to a comfortable 3-0 win.

'Clubs want to know about Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, not about Kenya,' says Nicholas MacGowan, a scout working for Manchester United at the Nations Cup. 'There has been talk of setting up academies in the east, but nothing has happened yet.'

13 hours ago, Singh bling said:

1) Just playing and craze are two different things, West Indians use to play in 70s and even now but the difference in quality of  their players is visible. people still say Holding , Ambrose were best ever athletes who played cricket.

2)Football is popular in entire Africa and many other parts of world

you will not get it. leave it. But i do not believe in BS that certain race is fitter than others. Also Football is not the standard to measure it. As i said before and now you are saying that football is popular in many parts of the world and that's the reason they have football stars and not us because it is not popular here. Nothing to do with fitness.

you will not get it. leave it. But i do not believe in BS that certain race is fitter than others. Also Football is not the standard to measure it. As i said before and now you are saying that football is popular in many parts of the world and that's the reason they have football stars and not us because it is not popular here. Nothing to do with fitness.

I think you have not read what I have posted , its not race its body type , fast twitch muscles which are inherited that makes you good at certain sports .East Africans and west africans both are of same race but east africans are excellent at endurance sportss like marathon while west africans are good at sprinting , football etc

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

I think you have not read what I have posted , its not race its body type , fast twitch muscles which are inherited that makes you good at certain sports .East Africans and west africans both are of same race but east africans are excellent at endurance sportss like marathon while west africans are good at sprinting , football etc

Your argument may be(?) valid for individual sports but cannot be said for team sports.

9 hours ago, Singh bling said:

does not make any sense. There is no such thing as inheritance.