What happened to Hemang Badani?

He was pretty good but probabbly Ganguly was more impressed with Yuvi and Kaif and other youngsters that he did not select him much.

He did get chances though but not consistently.  Can't really fault many mich as our batting order was hard to get in with Tendulkar, Sehwag, Ganguly himself, Yuvraj and also Dravid.

I do remember Badani winning us a game against Zimbabwe while chasing when we were in trouble. Thats my best memories of Badani.

Not a bad player at all just bit unlucky that his peak time was around the same time when Yuvi was doing well too.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He was pretty good but probabbly Ganguly was more impressed with Yuvi and Kaif and other youngsters that he did not select him much.

He did get chances though but not consistently.  Can't really fault many mich as our batting order was hard to get in with Tendulkar, Sehwag, Ganguly himself, Yuvraj and also Dravid.

I do remember Badani winning us a game against Zimbabwe while chasing when we were in trouble. Thats my best memories of Badani.

Not a bad player at all just bit unlucky that his peak time was around the same time when Yuvi was doing well too.

His record was somewhat similar to Kaif, but all the others you mentioned were better than him in terms of SR or average.

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

His record was somewhat similar to Kaif, but all the others you mentioned were better than him in terms of SR or average.

Strike rate even though important wasn't a big deal back int he days in early 2000 and also Yuvi was just a better player overall who was also decent bowler back then and a better fielder, so basically a perfect package to play ahead of many players. 

I don't think Badani was bad at all, just that he was kind of unlucky to be just playing around same time. Also, can't really fault much Ganguly here as he did give him a decent chance whenever he could. 

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think the question should be what happened to Saba Karim, what happened to Md Kaif, What happened to Bangar!

What happened to Gagan Khoda? Sujith Somasunder? Jacob Martin? Devang Gandhi? Mohandas Karamchand? Yes, the list goes on.

6 hours ago, kosingh said:

What happened to Robin Singh Junior?

During that time, India experimented with a lot of pacers who were supposed to be quick. Amit Bhandari, robin singh jr and all. But I think RObin singh wasnt quick enough to be inducted. I believe there was one more pacer, a muslim guy who played just one match. Was dubbed as being fast, but was medium. 

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

During that time, India experimented with a lot of pacers who were supposed to be quick. Amit Bhandari, robin singh jr and all. But I think RObin singh wasnt quick enough to be inducted. I believe there was one more pacer, a muslim guy who played just one match. Was dubbed as being fast, but was medium. 

Who? Siddiqui?

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

2001 England series I think was when we experimented the most. All these tinu yohanan Iqbal siddique bangar were there. I was surprised to see those names on TV.

3 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

2001 England series I think was when we experimented the most. All these tinu yohanan Iqbal siddique bangar were there. I was surprised to see those names on TV.

i remember siddiqui opening batting and bowling. expectedly poor with ball, but scored some runs with bat.

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

i remember siddiqui opening batting and bowling. expectedly poor with ball, but scored some runs with bat.

One selection that thrilled me the most was of Noel David. I used to read hyd's scores in our  local daily. Sachin later asking who is Noel is legendary now 

2 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

One selection that thrilled me the most was of Noel David. I used to read hyd's scores in our  local daily. Sachin later asking who is Noel is legendary now 

david was a good fielder, mostly useless at everything else if I recall correctly,

There was one thiru kumaran... he was hard working but lacked pace. Tinu Youhanan was a disappointment. He had height, if he had the heart of Ajit Agarkar, he could have bowled like Courtney Walsh! But I always felt that those Indian bowlers never pushed themselves. They were happy being just average. nobody wanted to be the best. That aggression was only evident in Zaheer Khan. He wanted to be the best!