Why are we so slow?

Vk1

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, he would average much more now. But, that's because of a general inflation of averages. Trott would have averaged late 30s or early 40s IMO if he played in early to late 1990s (like Fairbrother, Hick, Knight) unlike his current avg of 50+

Such numbers make me think of the great Viv. Had an avg of 47 and strikerate of 90s... playing without helmet on 220 kind of pitches and had played world cup winning knocks as well. Has to be a goat above sachin.

6 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Such numbers make me think of the great Viv. Had an avg of 47 and strikerate of 90s... playing without helmet on 220 kind of pitches and had played world cup winning knocks as well. Has to be a goat above sachin.

of course viv was better than srt in odis; but sachin the odi opener was remarkable between 1994-2011 of course - avg of 49 @ SR 88 in 334 innings.

Edited by Vijy
On 6/29/2017 at 7:13 AM, Vk1 said:

And people forget that Viv had an average in the mid 50s for much of his career. But be too played a couple of years too long and his average fell quite a bit

5 hours ago, kosingh said:

And people forget that Viv had an average in the mid 50s for much of his career. But be too played a couple of years too long and his average fell quite a bit

Thrilled to know this. Averages 55 and plays impactful innings. Never saw him play. What would he have done on these flat pitches with modern day bats and innovative shots.

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 0:04 AM, Vijy said:

Morgan is not good enough as Ross Taylor, let alone ABD

On stand alone figures he isn't but he has been far more than a number 4. He has been the captain who instigated and has driven forward the batting push push push for runs mentality which has allowed Hayes,  Stokes and Butler  to flourish with this brand new mind concept. Over the last two years who has been more important for the development of their country?...Taylor ABD or Morgan?

On 6/30/2017 at 10:11 PM, Vk1 said:

Thrilled to know this. Averages 55 and plays impactful innings. Never saw him play. What would he have done on these flat pitches with modern day bats and innovative shots.

Would have averaged > 60 with a SR of 120+. That's my prediction (most because of pitches, bats and absence of bouncers, etc)