What's killing Windies cricket

Vk1

The question should be

"What's killed West Indies Cricket?"

They are done for. With the infighting between the constituent islands , the mercenary t20 players putting $$$ over playing for the team , the lack of a country identity for players to rally behind , the incompetent and corrupt administration.. and add 10 more valid reasons on top of it.

I don't see Windies cricket thriving again. Atleast not on the Tests and ODI stage. They might produce cricketers of enough talent to shine at the T20's though. Cricketers who are only looking to make a quick buck and spend their career playing the leagues and the T20 WC's. 

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

Why is that you raise the game every-time you play against England?

I'm English unfortunately :--D

From an England perspective I just think there's a lot of history between the two sides, for cricketing reasons and going way back before cricket with the dark history and all that. Plus some England pundit (Boycott, Nicholas) or administrator (Graves) always manages to rile them up with derogatory comments about their ability

Edited by YCCC
6 hours ago, YCCC said:

I'm English unfortunately :--D

From an England perspective I just think there's a lot of history between the two sides, for cricketing reasons and going way back before cricket with the dark history and all that. Plus some England pundit (Boycott, Nicholas) or administrator (Graves) always manages to rile them up with derogatory comments about their ability

Thanks!!

50 minutes ago, YCCC said:

I know but they'll blow it as usual. England mens teams don't win world cups. Apart from football 50 years ago and some egg throwing rubbish a few years ago 

I think England has the best opportunity they ever had in many years. players like Buttler, Root etc. are in the form of their life and in home conditions I can't think of any team barring Australia who could have beaten them but Australia might not have Smith and Warner back or at least be in full form so they are out of the contention. 

We know South Africa will choke. If India bats first against ENG I highly doubt we will win as England are probably the best chasers in ODI after India with a stacked batting order.