India Under 19 team's tour of England

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and their batting against spin bowling has become worrysome even though the next batch nair, rahul and pant looks good i hope the next batch doesnt disappoint against spin 

Ranji Trophy is dishing out only green tracks these days.

There needs to be a mixture of 40 % to 45 % bouncy / green tracks ( as that was our weak point ) ,  30 % to 25 %  flat tracks and 30 % spinning pitches to develop all-round batters and bowlers.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ranji Trophy is dishing out only green tracks these days.

There needs to be a mixture of 40 % to 45 % bouncy / green tracks ( as that was our weak point ) ,  30 % to 25 %  flat tracks and 30 % spinning pitches to develop all-round batters and bowlers.

yea.....it use to. Not sure how many lush green tracks were given last yr or two........there were few rank turners as well 

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea.....it use to. Not sure how many lush green tracks were given last yr or two........there were few rank turners as well 

Last year's Ranji matches were not telecasted before SF, so I am not 100 % sure.

For 4 or 5 years before that, we played mostly on green tracks.

Hope someone like Rahane is not selected for odi's were he is useless, instead he shud play domestic where someone like Shaw can bat along side him and learn a gr8 deal

Teams like Delhi n jharkhand wud have benefitted greatly by dhoni n gambhir playing domestic cricket 

Rana wud have learned a lot by playing one season with sehwag and then he has 3 international spinners like jayant, mishra n chahal in his domestic side 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
9 hours ago, surajmal said:

chahar/kuldeep yadav bowling in tandem on a 4th day wankhede pitch is jizzworthy. I hope it happens soon. 

all three spinners looked good yesterday,chahar is definitely international material but abhishek can be a great limited overs option if his batting is also at par with his bowling,i loved his variations 

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

I thought Anukul was the most impressive spinner of all. I have not seen many SLAs impart so much revs on the ball as this guy. Abhishek looks like a total journeyman as of now. Chahar looks the most ready among all three, supremely accurate for a leggy at his age. And unlike the phony Chahal, Chahar flights and spin the ball.

Anukul is an alrounder and has batted impressively in previous U19 games.

18 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

ishant too was u19 when he touched 150k in aus ,though he was playing for the main team

yes, he was playing international cricket, not U19. He was not as quick when he played for India u19. On his test debut too, he started as 130-135 K and suddenly, bowled same pace at Sydney too, he picked up some rhythm and pace from Adelaide test onwards. Even that Perth spell was only 135-138. Then he clocked up to 147 K in Adelaide and hit 150 in ODIs.

Just caught some of the post match show on Sky. Prithvi looks amazing off the backfoot. The timing on those shots was unreal, the pundits mentioned how well he picks up length and just generally very impressed.

Coming to the spinners. The control and nous shown by these kids was brilliant. Maybe slightly slow for international level, but very smart and accurate bowling