US Open 2017-28th AUG to 10th SEP

sourab10forever

I will be there during the best time at the open which is the first week when all players are there and more matches are happening.

Very disappointing to see Yuki Bhambri bow out in the first round of qualiies. He did not play a single game after his great run at ATP Washington D.C and that cost him. Lack of match practice going into US Open was bad and he was granted a tough first draw game against Go Soeda which he lost in 3rd set. He should have clearly won this game, just lost due to rustiness and lack of match practice. i know he must have sat out because of some injury concern or something, but its just disappointing that he won't be there in the main draw after playing exceptionally well in Washington D.C 

Anyways, hoping Ramkumar has a great run. He upset Thiem few weeks ago and then had a good run in Cincinnati last week. He is a guy who is fit and knows how to improve as he is just 22 years old and has played more tennis then any other professional player this year. Yes, he has been constantly touring every week to different destinations, a record, and he is constantly improving his ranking.

I am happy for Ramkumar and hoping he will make it to the main draw here at US Open this time around.

Regarding the championship, great to see Dimitrov doing well at Cincinnati and winning his first ATP 100. Since he is back in form, I feel Dimitrov, Zverev and Kyrgios have a great chance. Roger will do well, but if he runs into any of these guys, he might have a tough time beating them. 

We will see how Fed's back is doing versus tiafoe. From what i've seen of his practice clips from USO buildup, he looks fine. Back injury or not, i wasn't expecting him to play 4 of 5 weeks leading up to USO final anyways. 

Anyhow, has anyone seen an easier draw than the one Cilic/Zverev have ? i never bet on tennis but am real tempted to bet on Zverev reaching the final.

Zverev is a big no no in slams. Unless he starts improving his performances in slams, I will not consider him contender in any of the slams in future.

Shapovalov into third round. If he can keep his form, he has a great chance of reaching the finals from his half. Only Cilic seems to be a contender from that half (even he is playing his first tournament since Wimbledon)

Cilic out too.

This is getting weird. Shapovalov is playing well but fatigue will get to him since he is playing from qualifiers.

One half of draw is a total mess. Cilic & Zverev missed a glorious chance to go really deep. 

The player i feel has a chance either gets injured or gets knocked out :sad: 

So not making any statements :no: 

Its becoming more and more likely that the us open for the third time in last 12 years will be the only slam to have winners from outside the big 4. Nadal has become average on hard courts(having not won a title since 2014 on them) and Federer has injury issues and struggle for form.