Dhoni's standing in the pantheon of ODI legends/greats?

SK_IH

Dhoni's standing in the pantheon of ODI legends/greats?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Dhoni's standing in the pantheon of ODI legends/greats?

• All time Great Top 5
    • All time Great Top 10
    • Indian Great,thats it
    • Good batsman,who selfishly played for his stats
    • Average batsman,nothing special

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

I'm trying to become a good samaritan these days. I tend not to abuse others. Maybe you should try the same. 

That is almost impossible for Mr.Vilander. He cannot complete a sentence without personal insults. Cant defend his man so takes the easy way out, abuse others.

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Kota how can you say one inning ?.  Dhoni is averaging at 89.6 in odi this year. With an aggregate of 627 runs so far, it could be a 1000 run year for him. This is his best performance in terms of avg in a cal year. It's the guys swansong and all see it stupid hate in this forum.

He failed when it mattered. Rest is junk.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Not impressed you call honest critique as abuse. I might call it chicken but you would cry abuse. So let me respectfully  disagree on that again.

you can respectfully disagree all you want. You wanna call me a chicken go ahead. I wont report the post.

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

That is almost impossible for Mr.Vilander. He cannot complete a sentence without personal insults. Cant defend his man so takes the easy way out, abuse others.

Well some people resort to insults when they are confronted with facts and cannot answer back.

Edited by Laaloo
5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

you can respectfully disagree all you want. You wanna call me a chicken go ahead. I wont report the post.

Report that post...you think a reprimand will make it worse?. you don't get it do you. You have already polluted the website for many folks dude. Your endeavor can only be called a diatribe nothing else. None of the threads are free from it. 

25 minutes ago, Khota said:

Pant is one of the choices. Like I said there are four others. Dhoni is smoke and mirrors to fool gullible people like you. He is slow and has ageing reflexes. Like I said he does not like to dive anymore. Likes to take naps in the field. Next he will ask for a milk bottle.dhoni is done.

How do you know he has a weak back? 20 yr old back is lot more flexible than a 40 year old back.

He doesn't show his ageing reflexes, given that his glove-work is still quicker than Pant.

Dhoni is not done, he is a better keeper than everyone else in the country and he has better LoI batting record this year than ALL his competition at lower grade cricket.

20 year old may be more flexible, but 20 year olds don't have the same strength in their back as 30 year olds do. Same reason why hardly any good wicketkeeper has debuted before he is 21-22 years old and most are in the 23-25 range when they debut in internaitonal cricket. Because kids are not fit enough for 'uthak-baithak' for all day for a whole international season when they are teenagers/20.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Report that post...you think a reprimand will make it worse?. you don't get it do you. You have already polluted the website for many folks dude. Your endeavor can only be called a diatribe nothing else. None of the threads are free from it. 

As long as I dont abuse(as I havent), my posts have been fine. If they weren't admins or other mods would have reported or told me by that now. 

I'm here to discuss cricket and see how we can best prepare for the next world cup. Are you here to discuss cricket or other posters?

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

where did I insult you khota..I am surprised  by your allegation I thought we were  friends...how can you do this..Che Che. ..

I am still your friend and everyones else too. You are also my brother but you and your friends have recommended a brain transplant for me. You in a clever way drop the "a" and substitute it with an "e". Not very friendy acts but I do admire you for your belief and passion. You are like the captain of RMS Dhoni. You are going down.

Just now, Khota said:

I am still your friend and everyones else too. You are also my brother but you and your friends have recommended a brain transplant for me. You in a clever way drop the "a" and substitute it with an "e". Not very friendy acts but I do admire you for your belief and passion. You are like the captain of RMS Dhoni. You are going down.

You are pretty unbiased. Tell me one thing, do you see anything wrong with my posts?

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

He doesn't show his ageing reflexes, given that his glove-work is still quicker than Pant.

Dhoni is not done, he is a better keeper than everyone else in the country and he has better LoI batting record this year than ALL his competition at lower grade cricket.

20 year old may be more flexible, but 20 year olds don't have the same strength in their back as 30 year olds do. Same reason why hardly any good wicketkeeper has debuted before he is 21-22 years old and most are in the 23-25 range when they debut in internaitonal cricket. Because kids are not fit enough for 'uthak-baithak' for all day for a whole international season when they are teenagers/20.

uthak baithak all day? Does Dhoni do uthak baithak against the fast bowlers as well? Does he do uthak baithak in the dressing room as well?

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I doubt his glovework is faster than Pant. Like I said there are 4 others and dhoni will not be missed.

dhoni is closer to 40 then 30 so let us get his age correct.

My teacher used to make me a "murga" in class and I know my back was very strong then. I cant do that anymore. Aging is an irreversible process. dhoni is done.

Just now, Khota said:

I doubt his glovework is faster than Pant. Like I said there are 4 others and dhoni will not be missed.

dhoni is closer to 40 then 30 so let us get his age correct.

My teacher used to make me a "murga" in class and I know my back was very strong then. I cant do that anymore. Aging is an irreversible process. dhoni is done.

Your doubt is irrelevant. Dhoni's glove work is the fastest in the world, even today. S

tI don't care if Dhoni is closer to 50. As long as he can score at 90 average, 85 strike rate and score 40+ runs/innings for the year, all the kids can go suck a lemon and wait. Pure and simple. Dhoni is performing and is a proven quantity. A nobody like Pant cannot replace him till he outperforms him, period. 

if Dhoni was done, he'd not be the fittest guy in the team after Kohli at the age of 36. 

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

You are pretty unbiased. Tell me one thing, do you see anything wrong with my posts?

Of all the posters on this thread you come across as the most mature one. I am being very candid. Vilander is pretty good too most of the times. I have shown weakness ocassionally and that was my fault. Some are downright nasty but you are very fair. You are about data and discussion not personal stuff. Rest of us including me are guilty of stupidity and immaturity.

Just now, Khota said:

Of all the posters on this thread you come across as the most mature one. I am being very candid. Vilander is pretty good too most of the times. I have shown weakness ocassionally and that was my fault. Some are downright nasty but you are very fair. You are about data and discussion not personal stuff. Rest of us including me are guilty of stupidity and immaturity.

Thank you. Well that settles it. I will continue on this crusade to bring some light on others in need. :isalute:

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Your doubt is irrelevant. Dhoni's glove work is the fastest in the world, even today. S

tI don't care if Dhoni is closer to 50. As long as he can score at 90 average, 85 strike rate and score 40+ runs/innings for the year, all the kids can go suck a lemon and wait. Pure and simple. Dhoni is performing and is a proven quantity. A nobody like Pant cannot replace him till he outperforms him, period. 

if Dhoni was done, he'd not be the fittest guy in the team after Kohli at the age of 36. 

Look at the wicket keeper stats in IPL and you will see he has about the same stumpings and catches as everyone else. If he was faster than superman the numbers would show but how come the so called slow ones are doing as well as him.Ask yourself that question.

Once again if Dhoni is the best keeper by all means select him. If not give others a chance. Even in this Australian series what is the harm in splitting half the games between dhoni and patel or pant or other three. I only see some good come out of it.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Look at the wicket keeper stats in IPL and you will see he has about the same stumpings and catches as everyone else. If he was faster than superman the numbers would show but how come the so called slow ones are doing as well as him.Ask yourself that question.

Once again if Dhoni is the best keeper by all means select him. If not give others a chance. Even in this Australian series what is the harm in splitting half the games between dhoni and patel or pant or other three. I only see some good come out of it.

Wicketkeeper stats are bowler dependent. If you keep for Ashwin, you will have more stumpings. If you keep for McGrath, you will have way more catches. Wicketkeeping skills is not about stats, its about actual performance. Just like how fielding isn't about catches, otherwise all the greatest fielders would automatically be 1st slip guys.

I have an objection to Pant and Kishan: they are too young. their bodies are not ready to crouch for a whole day and then bat as a proper batsman- for 10 months a year, every year. Dekock was brought in gradually. Played only ODIs for first 2 years, that too after he was 21. Gillchrist didn't make his debut till 26-27. these kids are 18 and 19, they need anohter 2-3 years of domestic cricket to season their bodies and minds. Otherwise, you are 99% certain, to end up with a Parthiv Patel, not Adam Gillchrist.

Other backups in the system- yes, they need to play 1 out of 10 matches and Dhoni can play 9 out of 10 matches, so that the reserve keeper has match-practice. But beyond that, as long as Dhoni is fit and performing, he plays for however long he wants to.