MS Dhoni mega discussion thread

velu

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sir jee, Plzz show us those stats

You want me to do your home work. This time I will do it but from now on you are on your own.

These are the batsman/wkt keepers who outscored your hero in IPL.

Patel

Utthapa

Samson

Pant 

Karthick

Now you can respond with excuses.

50 minutes ago, maniac said:

You can show those stats to prove how great MSD is but simple question what is the excuse that a 36 year old who will be 37 soon has no back up whatsoever? Now if someone has tried and failed sure I will buy the no alternative factor but how many backups have been tried since 2015 wc...also how many times have we played teams like Zim,Wi,SL since then...I will exclude Bangladesh as they are a good odi side these days so tell me why isn't there a back up.

The only guy who is irreplaceable in the team right now hands down is Kohli and god forbid even if he gets injured we have atleast 10 names that will sub for him...even though that will be a much bigger loss than any player in the team.

why are we harping on stats and pointless notouts when the problem is much bigger...now don't give the bs that Dhoni is not the selector etc...since 2015 WC, he was captain for the most  part....why wasn't an intitative taken to groom a successor atleast in dead rubbers or against weaker teams.

I take Dhoni's stats with a pinch of salt.....even Bhuvi got a 50 when his intention was to just save his wicket against some of the opposition.

Anyway I will not even get into Dhoni's performance as that's a debate for another day, but the entire argument that there is no alternative is totally flawed. 

simple- With Bhuvi grabbing every chance and Bumrah having a breakout year even a 25.00 average bowler like Shami can lose his spot with pandya getting in as an allrounder.

so lot of insecurity at play...maybe it's Dhoni,Maybe it's BCCI as Dhoni still generates a lot of ad revenue but something is definitely fishy.

You are wasting time with these guys. Their minds are made up. Dhoni did absolutely nothing in CT. Nothing.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

I score 4 runs in 2 balls and then I am out. Based on your $$cked up logic I should get a game. My SR is fntastic.

You are the most ignorant fan that I know of.

Hey kiddo, their averages are near-identical and Pant is a crappier keeper than Dhoni. I don't see any reason why he should be rushed. Make him wait till he is good enough, like Gilly. We have Saha ahead of him, for every format. Or atleast, should be 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

You can show those stats to prove how great MSD is but simple question what is the excuse that a 36 year old who will be 37 soon has no back up whatsoever? Now if someone has tried and failed sure I will buy the no alternative factor but how many backups have been tried since 2015 wc...also how many times have we played teams like Zim,Wi,SL since then...I will exclude Bangladesh as they are a good odi side these days so tell me why isn't there a back up.

The only guy who is irreplaceable in the team right now hands down is Kohli and god forbid even if he gets injured we have atleast 10 names that will sub for him...even though that will be a much bigger loss than any player in the team.

why are we harping on stats and pointless notouts when the problem is much bigger...now don't give the bs that Dhoni is not the selector etc...since 2015 WC, he was captain for the most  part....why wasn't an intitative taken to groom a successor atleast in dead rubbers or against weaker teams.

I take Dhoni's stats with a pinch of salt.....even Bhuvi got a 50 when his intention was to just save his wicket against some of the opposition.

Anyway I will not even get into Dhoni's performance as that's a debate for another day, but the entire argument that there is no alternative is totally flawed. 

simple- With Bhuvi grabbing every chance and Bumrah having a breakout year even a 25.00 average bowler like Shami can lose his spot with pandya getting in as an allrounder.

so lot of insecurity at play...maybe it's Dhoni,Maybe it's BCCI as Dhoni still generates a lot of ad revenue but something is definitely fishy.

He does have backup...Saha.

Your entire rant is irrelevant to the Dhoni talk, since Dhoni is not being out-performed. Not even close. I don't care if he is 37 or 47, ageism is a mark of unprofessionalism that infests Indian sports.

Good call. Squashing all this ageist unprofessional noise surrounding a player who is 'too old' in some people's minds. Despite the fact that he is amongst the fittest men in the team, an impeccable LOI keeper and is continuing to prove that 2016 was an aberration to his amazing play as a batsman.

this is the cricket equivalent of saying 'I don' t care how old he is, we are not going to trade away Dominic Hasek'

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Don't worry. They have the excuses ready for the aus series. 

No, we don't care about one series. Excuses are a valid charge, when said guy is in a 15-20 match (LOI) swing of low performances.

Infact, we expect him to bomb during the Aus series. Law of averages mean a guy averaging 90+ and 80+ Strike rate will bomb soon enough.

I expect the ageist people here to use that as some sort of evidence of how Dhoni is 'failing' again.

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Hey kiddo, their averages are near-identical and Pant is a crappier keeper than Dhoni. I don't see any reason why he should be rushed. Make him wait till he is good enough, like Gilly. We have Saha ahead of him, for every format. Or atleast, should be 

Mind your language. 

First - Pant is better. Please dont quote averages in cricket as they mean nothing.

Pant along with 4 other keepers outscored dhoni. If you outscore someone you are considered better.

Pant is young and his reflexes are better.

Dhoni is better connected. He will not be my 5 th choice.

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

No, we don't care about one series. Excuses are a valid charge, when said guy is in a 15-20 match (LOI) swing of low performances.

Infact, we expect him to bomb during the Aus series. Law of averages mean a guy averaging 90+ and 80+ Strike rate will bomb soon enough.

I expect the ageist people here to use that as some sort of evidence of how Dhoni is 'failing' again.

You are a special kind of stupid. Dont even have any confidence in your man. I think my man will go out and outscore everyone. That is the level of confidence I have.

Please dont quote law of averages. If you do well against SL and bad against Australia then averages have nothing to do with it.

Dhoni is not failing again. He is a perennial failure.

44 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

:phehe:you should only enjoy comedy nights with khote and reply him in his way.  Don't take that troll seriously yaar

Edited by Rasgulla
30 minutes ago, Khota said:

Mind your language. 

First - Pant is better. Please dont quote averages in cricket as they mean nothing.

Pant along with 4 other keepers outscored dhoni. If you outscore someone you are considered better.

Pant is young and his reflexes are better.

Dhoni is better connected. He will not be my 5 th choice.

Your man can't even outperform people in A squad. Pandey was the highest scorer and he is back in Ind team. What is your creative doing in comedy nights with kothe. Disspointing script 

55 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

He does have backup...Saha.

Your entire rant is irrelevant to the Dhoni talk, since Dhoni is not being out-performed. Not even close. I don't care if he is 37 or 47, ageism is a mark of unprofessionalism that infests Indian sports.

Saha is the backup??? Lol...when was the last time Saha played a LOI game :hysterical: or even remotely considered to be in the scheme of things.

no one is saying that there should be a mandatory retirement in sport....but may be I should stress the keywords for you again "backup" "planning" etc etc.

Dhoni is not  as indispensable as you make him out to be...even a struggling and scratchy  Pant scored a run a ball knock...it is not that hard to have a good average if you don't have the intent...s/r of 80 odd for a lower order power hitter is laughable these days when even 125-130 sr is considered pedestrian in some scenarios.

Edited by maniac
15 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Your man can't even outperform people in A squad. Pandey was the highest scorer and he is back in Ind team. What is your creative doing in comedy nights with kothe. Disspointing script 

Dhoni had 5 wkt keepers from India who outperformed in IPL.

Not one.fact.

Not two.Fact.

Not three.fact.

Not four.Fact.

Five.fact.

What was your hero doing when 5 outperformed him. Capt Cool. What a joke.fact.

Dhoni is useless. Fact.

Your hero is sifarshi. Fact.

He needs to be out. Fact.

He will fail against Australia.Fact.

You will still want him in the team.Fact.

You are not rational.Fact.

You were dropped on your head as a baby.fact.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Good call. Squashing all this ageist unprofessional noise surrounding a player who is 'too old' in some people's minds. Despite the fact that he is amongst the fittest men in the team, an impeccable LOI keeper and is continuing to prove that 2016 was an aberration to his amazing play as a batsman.

this is the cricket equivalent of saying 'I don' t care how old he is, we are not going to trade away Dominic Hasek'

I never said age should be the criteria for not selcting Dhoni.

My problem is that he is useless.

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni had 5 wkt keepers from India who outperformed in IPL.

Not one.fact.

Not two.Fact.

Not three.fact.

Not four.Fact.

Five.fact.

What was your hero doing when 5 outperformed him. Capt Cool. What a joke.fact.

Dhoni is useless. Fact.

Your hero is sifarshi. Fact.

He needs to be out. Fact.

He will fail against Australia.Fact.

You will still want him in the team.Fact.

You are not rational.Fact.

You were dropped on your head as a baby.fact.

:giggle:this guy is pure comedy.. Now get back to your original account and start deleting posts 

Gambir dhawan pandey Raina tripathi uttu samson and Rahane outperformed your boy in IPL so your boy should stand in line according to your Retarded IPL logic. 

Edited by Rasgulla
11 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

:giggle:this guy is pure comedy.. Now get back to your original account and start deleting posts 

Gambir dhawan pandey Raina tripathi uttu samson and Rahane outperformed your boy in IPL so your boy should stand in line according to your Retarded IPL logic. 

S Smith also outperformed. So did others. But Mr. Einstein we are talking about wkt keepers only so it would help if you stick to the topic. 

Your post are comedy gold. No one should delete them. As a matter of fact you are joke too. Does your mother know you are on the keyboard?

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

S Smith also outperformed. So did others. But Mr. Einstein we are talking about wkt keepers only so it would help if you stick to the topic. 

Your post are comedy gold. No one should delete them. As a matter of fact you are joke too. Does your mother know you are on the keyboard?

Uttu samson and patel are keepers :hysterical:Mr. Einstein. I see you are getting mad :giggle: triggered by  your own logic ? 

Edited by Rasgulla