Rohingya insurgents killed many Hindus in Rakhine on August 25

Gollum

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I find this specific question very logical. If elements of the Muslim Rohingyas are the ones killing the Hindu Rohingyas (and Christian and Buddhist according to one of the articles posted above), why are they fleeing with the Muslims?

Well international sources like Japan Times, Guardian and BBC are also reporting about the killings of Hindus of Rakhine by Rohingya Salvation Army. Apparently RSA accuse the Hindus there of being government spies, moreover with ties to bigwig terror organizations (JuD, LeT's charity wing is operating in Rakhine as NGO) hatred against infidels is an underlying theme in their separatist movement. The butchers have beheaded all Hindu males, raped the females and converted the rest to Islam under threat of force.

Why are the Hindus moving to Bangladesh? Well not all, only 500 odd Hindus out of 16000+ in the affected region have gone to Bangladesh. May be they got stuck between the devil and the deep sea with army tanks approaching and them looking and speaking like the Muslims, may be they thought it would be a risk to stay on in Myanmar (Burmese speak a different language). Or who knows, they might have relatives in Bangladesh just like many Bengalis in neighboring districts of WB have relatives on the other side of the fence. 

What we do know is that they are not staying in the camps where Muslims are staying, fearing persecution. They are staying elsewhere and local Hindus of Chittagong Hill Tract are providing aid to them. If there were no communal undertones don't you think they would have stayed in the camps with the Rohingya Muslims? 

@Mariyam

Here is a debate. Have patience. Listen to it. Nadir Ahmed has given all the standard arguments which you get from various people on this forum or on various other forums / media and listening to him , most innocent people will start agreeing to him. But then Rabbi Sam Shamoun completely destroys each and every narrative or arguemnet. Once you have spent 2 + hours listening to this debate, You will find exact reason why from Pakistan to Somalia, No non Muslim is safe. And you wont be making the argument that "Dont Hate us"

Is Islam a Religion of Peace? (FULL) Sam Shamoun vs. Nadir Ahmed?

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, mishra said:

@Mariyam

Here is a debate. Have patience. Listen to it. Nadir Ahmed has given all the standard arguments which you get from various people on this forum or on various other forums / media and listening to him , most innocent people will start agreeing to him. But then Rabbi Sam Shamoun completely destroys each and every narrative or arguemnet. Once you have spent 2 + hours listening to this debate, You will find exact reason why from Pakistan to Somalia, No non Muslim is safe. And you wont be making the argument that "Dont Hate us"

Is Islam a Religion of Peace? (FULL) Sam Shamoun vs. Nadir Ahmed?

Not all Muslim majority countries are unlivable for non Muslims. Azerbaijan is good as are many Central Asian countries (probably the communist influence of Soviet times has made them somewhat irreligious and tolerant). Malaysia and Indonesia too are decent, but both have taken a turn for the worse in recent times, especially the latter. 

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not all Muslim majority countries are unlivable for non Muslims. Azerbaijan is good as are many Central Asian countries (probably the communist influence of Soviet times has made them somewhat irreligious and tolerant). Malaysia and Indonesia too are decent, but both have taken a turn for the worse in recent times, especially the latter. 

He also argues how moderate Muslims are prooven wrong by their own theologists by telling how it was Okay to have moderate views in past but it must change else they are to face apostasy. And hence you see the "turn". "Turn" is not by "choice". "Turn" is "mandated"

2 hours ago, mishra said:

He also argues how moderate Muslims are prooven wrong by their own theologists by telling how it was Okay to have moderate views in past but it must change else they are to face apostasy. And hence you see the "turn". "Turn" is not by "choice". "Turn" is "mandated"

I will check the video later, it is quite long and debates demand full attention. 

Today there was knife attack in Marseille train station, 2 women had their heads chopped off by an Allahu Akbar guy. What do you think Rohingyas will do if we allow them inside our borders? Germany, France, Sweden allowed so many Muslims inside their countries and not a day goes by in those countries without a knife attack or bomb blasts. Sure they earned plaudits whilst Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic etc were blasted by the liberals for not taking in refugees. Guess whose citizens are safer today? 

Sunni Islam is working towards a global goal of wiping out infidels and even other Islamic sects. If we let in Rohingyas today, we are letting down our next generation and the future of this great nation will be screwed over. We have enough problems already, hope SC doesn't interfere by passing an order against the Rohingya deportation plans of Modi sarkar. This sarkar can be faulted for 1000 different things, but not national security. They are spot on as far as that front is concerned unlike all other political parties of India. 

@coffee_rules

The housing bias *does* exist. Javed Akhtar's wife Shabana Azmi was denied a home on account of her religion. And it is the registered housing society's call on whom to lease/sell homes to. They can discriminate, and they did. Javed Akhtar did not communalize the issue at all. You are mixing it with Emran Hashmi's case, where he was refused a home on account of celebrity lifestyle and his lawyer played ( very poorly, I may add) the communal card.

Also Indian Muslims have all right to speak about the Rohingya issue. They are stake holders too, in the future of this country. I do not know on what grounds you make statements that Indian Muslims shouldn't comment on the Rohingya issue.

@mishra

2 hours is a little too long. My attention span isn't that long, unless the documentary has SRK and a few songs. Shall watch it over the next few weeks. And we are not in an Islamic country. We are in India. What Sharia lists out as a punishment for apostasy is irrelevant.  The harsh reality is that if we had a speedier judiciary, then the kangaroo sharia courts that are set up every now and then would have no relevance. Besides, in India the diktaats of the Muslim Law boards are not binding. Most of the parties which lose out, take the cases to the regular courts.

@Gollum

I have a Sunni father and a Bohri mother. Where would I fall on your hate-o-meter?

49 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

2 hours is a little too long. My attention span isn't that long, unless the documentary has SRK and a few songs. Shall watch it over the next few weeks. And we are not in an Islamic country. We are in India. What Sharia lists out as a punishment for apostasy is irrelevant.  The harsh reality is that if we had a speedier judiciary, then the kangaroo sharia courts that are set up every now and then would have no relevance. Besides, in India the diktaats of the Muslim Law boards are not binding. Most of the parties which lose out, take the cases to the regular courts

Happy Diwali.

All I did was to presented 2 hour theological discussions between two peoples whereby one guy has simply presented some theological facts along with historical ones which justifies Fanatic ideology and completely destroys all the arguments/notions of "people like you" to have any say in a world ruled by the book. There is plenty of nations which are ruled by Book (allthough under check from UN,US,West) provide enough  anecdotal evidence in present era to not to believe him

And yes, "prople like you" doesnt mean non Muslims, It probably includes your beloved SRK. As they stand zero chance of surival.

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum

I have a Sunni father and a Bohri mother. Where would I fall on your hate-o-meter?

My hate-o-meter goes off the charts only when some guy blows himself up in the middle of the street, indulges in machete acrobatics or when there is religiously motivated abduction, rape, genocide, forceful conversion etc. Otherwise I am a pretty chilled out guy who has more important stuff to worry about. Having said that I confess holding a negative opinion about Islam and Muslims, mostly the Sunnis. I don't have any reason to hate you, but rather than worrying about my comments/mindset you should worry about the present state of Islam and Muslims.

I am not alone here, millions of well meaning individuals have a negative opinion about your religion, not all are Islamophobes by birth. As long as normal Muslims play the victim card  24x7 crying conspiracy, Islamophobia, etc there is no solution to this menace. While there are major faults with all religions, including Hinduism, Sikhism and Christianity, Islam is on some other level. Another issue with Islam is that it is too rigid unlike the more flexible faiths that mended their ways to adapt temporally, I don't see that ever happening with Islam. I am sorry if my post offends you, I don't have anything personal against you. 

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@coffee_rules

The housing bias *does* exist. Javed Akhtar's wife Shabana Azmi was denied a home on account of her religion. And it is the registered housing society's call on whom to lease/sell homes to. They can discriminate, and they did. Javed Akhtar did not communalize the issue at all. You are mixing it with Emran Hashmi's case, where he was refused a home on account of celebrity lifestyle and his lawyer played ( very poorly, I may add) the communal card.

Also Indian Muslims have all right to speak about the Rohingya issue. They are stake holders too, in the future of this country. I do not know on what grounds you make statements that Indian Muslims shouldn't comment on the Rohingya issue.

Maybe the housing bias is combined with the Veg v/s Non-veg issue and not always communal.

Yes, when J&K has special status and they won't let other Indians to settle down in J&K, and when Kashmiri Pandits were asked politely to move out or convert, when they lived in their own country as refugees, Indian muslims are up in arms to get the Rohingyas to settle in J&K with no objection, for Ummah's sake. They seldom raise objections for Saudi atrocities on Yemenis or Damascus on other Syrians, but raise hell for the cause of Kashmiris/Filistinis . Why should it be the case? Moreover, there is enough evidence that Rohingyas are extremists, more fundas can cause havoc in India especially when it is already worse in places like WB, Kerala etc.

Edited by coffee_rules