Rohit putting on pounds

Cricketics

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Cricketics is your complain the physical appearance of Rohit Sharma or have you seen any decline in his fielding or ability to play long innings due to his fitness?

Clearly fielding as you saw from the catch yesterday and also was patrolling long on yesterday reserved for quick runners.

Batting just played a marathon knock literally 2 weeks back.

so what’s the issue?

Looking fat means he will lose agility on the field. I play with lot of good cricketers who lose their agilty when they get fat around 30 years of age. This impacts the bowlers the most. Eventually in an year you will see them not running or chasing the ball much and supporting the fielders. Rohit is doing fine but he is inclined to drift towards that direction. Also his game againsy spin has decline. Before he could sit and hit massive sixes. He used to hit some clean big ones. He still do but yhat weight seems to be coming in between and overtime it will become a problem. Its not fully hurting his gsme but eventually it will.

Its like an injury, if you don’t take care of it right away, its going to get worse and hurt him and also the team. I can see the signs. 

10 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Looks like OP wants nanga bhuka , chus Lee cricketers like some Bangla boys, Rohit is fit, or maybe OP loves taking a more closer look then us guys, lol.

Just not fit. If you see cricketers today, you would know. Game of ranatunga coming to bat have lone gone. You will end up hurting your bowler with this same

physique in the longer run on the field,

regardless of you being good catcher right now. 

This is where guys like Pandya and Umesh hopefully can inspire him, before Rohit gets completely pregnant. 

26 minutes ago, SUMO said:

having 6 packs doesn't mean super fitness/athleticism and strength
similarly little fat doesn't mean unfit or unathletic

Agree with this but when t shows in the game, then you must question. I see Rohit’s game changing like running between the wickets calling yes and no since he is unsure of completing run etc. Soon it can go over other things. His shots against spin bowling also seem to show that his belly is coming in front and he is not able to time as well as he used to, to spin. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Agree with this but when t shows in the game, then you must question. I see Rohit’s game changing like running between the wicket’s calling yes and no since he is unsure of completing run etc. Soon it can go over other things. His shots against spin bowling also seem to show that his belly is coming in front and he is not able to time as well as he used to, to spin. 

yeah he is not upto the level whats ideally we would want.
but he still is a good fielder of the team.
I would say he is on the border line of acceptability by international standards.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Agree with this but when t shows in the game, then you must question. I see Rohit’s game changing like running between the wickets calling yes and no since he is unsure of completing run etc. Soon it can go over other things. His shots against spin bowling also seem to show that his belly is coming in front and he is not able to time as well as he used to, to spin. 

Can you show instances of this? I mean clearly we are seeing no decline in fielding(agility) and stamina(ability to play long innings as I mentioned)....can you actually point out instances on the cricketing field  that made you feel like he is looking unfit???

Just now, Lala2790 said:

I wonder if the ICC will punish India for fielding 12 men on the field given that Rohit now accounts for the size of two men?

Well they obviously didn’t compensate Pak for playing with 10.5 men when Lala was playing...so things probably have a way of evening out.

10 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

Hai Maniac,

Probably best you join Rohit on the treadmill, you strike me as the kind of tuk-tukwallah that has had a few too many cream naans

Sure!!!good advice :nice: but more relevant advice, since this is an online forum where English is used primarily to convey thoughts,it would be best if you open up a 5th grade English grammar book or something unless it is already 2 levels above your current grade.

1 hour ago, Lala2790 said:

Hai Maniac,

Probably best you join Rohit on the treadmill, you strike me as the kind of tuk-tukwallah that has had a few too many cream naans

Dude, what happpened? I know Pakistanis are not really known for any kind of intelligence but this seems to be even below your usual level.Did some American drone dropped some heat near the cave you live?

Edited by Cricket_Fan
50 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Dude, what happpened? I know Pakistanis are not really known for any kind of intelligence but this seems to be even below your usual level.Did some American drone dropped some heat near the cave you live?

You probably work for the company I own.

Seems like the two resident fatties, @maniac and Cricket_Fan, should try out for the next season of Biggest Loser Couples

Just now, Shaz1 said:

When your rich you can own a whooper factory. He must cash in for those buns.

Lololololololol  :phehe:

I think I have solved why Rohit is such a fatty my friend - he made a bet before the CT final that he would eat a quarter-pounder for every run India lose by.

Poor Rohit, 180 quarter-pounders :(