Sexy Durga becomes S Durga, and then it gets dropped from IFFI 2017. But what is it all about?

chapetmarunga

^ Well I think I was taught about Padmavati in school text books and about "Jauhar". Fortunately, unfortunately both has stayed in some corner of my brain till this whole controversy errupted.  I never bothered to verify if it was correct or wrong and hence sided with protesting team.

Now I may take a look if i get time. but till then, Pdmavati and Jauhar. Both once existed and Padmavati commited Jauhar. Name of Padmavati may not have been Padmavati

16 minutes ago, mishra said:

^ Well I think I was taught about Padmavati in school text books and about "Jauhar". Fortunately, unfortunately both has stayed in some corner of my brain till this whole controversy errupted.  I never bothered to verify if it was correct or wrong and hence sided with protesting team.

Now I may take a look if i get time. but till then, Pdmavati and Jauhar. Both once existed and Padmavati commited Jauhar. Name of Padmavati may not have been Padmavati

Sure check it out when you get time. :smile:

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Exactly. Article clearly says, Pdmavati doesnt even existed and Indian Hindus are such religious fanatics that they cant even tolerate love affair on screen. For a neutral, The garbage doesnt even mentions that this is about historical figures and Pdamavati committed Jauhar on a massive pyre along with many other Rajput women to save her and their honour.

Its not Hindu or Muslim thing. Just hear the story of Indian partition on History channel youtube link. There is a Sardarji who completely breaksdown while describing how his uncle called all his sisters and other family women. Asked them to sit. And then tries to cut their head. How he fails in first attempt and his sword gets stuck in  the womens "dupatta". And then with a huge heave cuts head after head of his sister and other women. Anyone, even a Muslim, a Pakistani, if he hears that old Sardarji, I will doubt if he will not have sympathy or his heart wont cry.

It is hsitory. Dont change it. Describe the pain and suffering of it. Factually!

This is the video which you are talking about:

18 hours ago, Gollum said:

@mishra Padmavati indeed isn't history. The character is based on a Mughal era epic poem and and only after that copied/adapted/cited by Hindus who have now started worshiping her as a Goddess. I did a lot of reading about medieval history a year back and and have thus come to this conclusion, no mention of it in either our sources or Islamic sources who otherwise glorify such stuff and exaggerate things to make themsleves look 10X more powerful than they actually were. 

The saga of Rani Padmini gained traction only during our freedom struggle when she was incorrectly presented as a historical figure, mainly to mobilize Indian youth against invaders (this time the Brits). Locals from Chittor use this story for tourist collection, nothing more nothing less. It boggles my mind how this controversy even erupted in the 1st place. Kamla Devi and Devala Devi on the other hand were real characters and a movie on them could perhaps justify more outrage unless you count in the fact that Kamala Devi herself was a shrewd manipulator who requested Khilji to abduct her own daughter and get her married to Khizr Khan, Alauddin's eldest son. I mean if those 2 Devis had no problem getting passed around like parcels amongst various foreign invaders, why on Earth should we care about such beings? 

Mere bhai Padmini did exist.There is sufficient historical evidence available from the works of Dr Dashrath Sharma and Pt.Gaurishankar Joshi , two eminent historians from Rajasthan.I can list them if you want.And even if lets say we believe you and assume Padmini as Jayasi's figment of imagination, the johar of chittor is a historical incident corroborated by many sources and therefore the women did die.I have been to Chittor fort several times and you start getting goosebumps once you enter the johar kund.Leftist historians have always discredited local folklores as a source for history but imo they are the most powerful ones as the various researches have shown esp in the context of India's history considering we didnt really believe in keeping historical records and these things often passed down to generations as folk tales.

28 minutes ago, TM Riddle said:

Mere bhai Padmini did exist.There is sufficient historical evidence available from the works of Dr Dashrath Sharma and Pt.Gaurishankar Joshi , two eminent historians from Rajasthan.I can list them if you want.And even if lets say we believe you and assume Padmini as Jayasi's figment of imagination, the johar of chittor is a historical incident corroborated by many sources and therefore the women did die.I have been to Chittor fort several times and you start getting goosebumps once you enter the johar kund.Leftist historians have always discredited local folklores as a source for history but imo they are the most powerful ones as the various researches have shown esp in the context of India's history considering we didnt really believe in keeping historical records and these things often passed down to generations as folk tales.

Rani padmini (and what she represents) exists in the memory of people. Thats all that matters. No need to defend nonsense put forth by commies. 

3 hours ago, TM Riddle said:

Bhai I only said what I read, based on my sources (Indian as well as European authors),  I don't believe Rani Padmini existed. Ofc I don't deny Jauhar and Islamic brutality against the dharmic religions. I have no love for the medieval Islamic rule or the vast majority of Muslims who are alive today and I am not justifying Khilji here, my post was based purely on my reading about the subject. If the movie glorifies the evil pervert Khilji we can all protest but we don't even know much about the movie. CBFC is yet to even watch & certify the movie. Based on the trailer Khilji looks like a barbarian pervert and SLB himself said that there is no scene glorifying him in the movie. For me this story is fiction, if it were about Khilji's gay partner Malik Kafur's pillage in South India (actually documented and not based on a poem written after 300 years !!!!) I would have protested but not here. A movie about that bitch Haseena Parkar irritates the hell out of me but not Padmavati. 

And one thing you have to remember is the Muslim historians exaggerate the **** out of any conquest/genocide. If they killed 10 they will write 1000, if 100 women committed Jauhar, they will write all the women in that country set themselves ablaze. Jauhars after the Battles of Khanwa, Chanderi etc have been chronicled in Islamic texts and they take great pleasure in such events. If there were a famous queen like Rani Padmini and 16000 women had committed Jauhar in Chittor you can bet your ass that Muslims would have devoted 10000s of books celebrating the event. Moreover Khilji's affair with Kamla Devi was well documented as was his gay affair with Malik Kafur by contemporary sources like Khusrau yet I wonder why Padmini didn't find a mention? In the poem she is a princess from Ceylon but Sinhalese texts (the most unadulterated source of history in the SC) don't have any record of such a princess. 

Edited by Gollum

^ The reason why I accepted Jauhar and Padmini was it was oin standard text books. Looks like younger generation text book hasnt got it any more.

Also Its unfair to mr in this age of misinformation and propoganda to again do some reasearch to that of when misinformation was at nascent stage on every topic.

Edited by mishra

Directors Post on FB

I was talking to a person, who called from north to warn me against the title of my film. I asked if he know Sankaracharya, he said no. I asked if he know Kedarnath. He said yes. I told him that Sankaracharya was the one established Kedarnath temple. He asked so what? I told him that Sankara is the one who wrote Soundarya Lahari too and asked if he know about it. He said he is not interested in all these things and repeated his question why did I put the name Sexy Durga. I told him, Sankaracharya, who is considered to be the saint who established the Hinduism as a religion which we see now, has described Goddess as Sexy in Soundarya Lahari and in Lalitha Sahsra Namam also similar verses are there. He said “you people from south are all bastards” and cut the phone.

On 15/11/2017 at 6:16 PM, Gollum said:

Attention whores. Could have simply named the movie Durga, the 'Sexy' part is just for the eyeballs. I dare these mofos to name a movie Sexy Jesus or Sexy Mohammad....... the producers of this movie are Christians and we know how they got Da Vinci Code banned in Kerala at the time of release. Freaking hypocrites..you can't expect only Hindus to remain tolerant in the Indian society. 

Sexy 9 yo Aisha.

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Wow...your pidgin cliche ridden responses tells me you have all the competency of a lowly cow belt clerk.

ur answers tell me ur one of those who has an agenda n has lot of frustation in life so u find others to blame for it by playing victim card. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

On 11/16/2017 at 6:43 AM, mishra said:

Exactly. Article clearly says, Pdmavati doesnt even existed and Indian Hindus are such religious fanatics that they cant even tolerate love affair on screen. For a neutral, The garbage doesnt even mentions that this is about historical figures and Pdamavati committed Jauhar on a massive pyre along with many other Rajput women to save her and their honour.

Its not Hindu or Muslim thing. Just hear the story of Indian partition on History channel youtube link. There is a Sardarji who completely breaksdown while describing how his uncle called all his sisters and other family women. Asked them to sit. And then tries to cut their head. How he fails in first attempt and his sword gets stuck in  the womens "dupatta". And then with a huge heave cuts head after head of his sister and other women. Anyone, even a Muslim, a Pakistani, if he hears that old Sardarji, I will doubt if he will not have sympathy or his heart wont cry.

It is hsitory. Dont change it. Describe the pain and suffering of it. Factually!

yes, sympathy for all those women murdered by their own family to save their honour, instead of their lives. 

No sympathy for the coward 'Mards' who'd rather murder the women in their family, than deal with their actual suffering and support them.

This kind of sick chauvinism that plagues NW & Western India needs to be irradiated and if it requires tearing down some false narrative glorification of murder, infanticide and victim-blaming, then sure.

There is no glory in Rani Padmavati killing herself. Give me a Boudicca, who'd muster an army and fight a losing battle and be killed on a battlefield, than a moron who commits suicide instead of toughing it out. Puss-ing out at face of adversity and choosing death before fighting through one's struggle, is basic fail of a Kshatriya. 

I have a daughter. If i was in middle of the partition, i'd hope that she makes it out with me safely of course. But if she couldn't, i'd hope that she'd be alive - raped, beaten, used as a piece of meat but STILL ALIVE. Why ? Because as long as she is alive, there is a chance she will escape/be rescued and the hope that one day, she will heal, will enjoy life and be able to smile. 

So GTFO with glorification of cowardice, propagated by cowardly men and women. 

Jauhar is cowardice. 

Edited by Muloghonto

^ With all due respect, i could have used ur example and could have shown same level of insensitivity you have shown with victims  that you would have either run to mods or left the forum voluntarily for some time because you havent got enough water in you to leave it for good.

I will simply say, Unlike you, I am not going to read 21st century western sermons on victims. 

Do not bother to reply me as I am going to put you on ignore list for good. You are second person whom i have put on ignore list. First person, was on grounds that he was to egoistic. You are too full of yourself and far to insensitive , far too selfish and so thoroughly wrong and full of twisted **** that its hopeless to argue with you without going down to same level to make you understand what you are saying.

My advice to you is introspect. You do not come out as, forget good, just a bearable person

30 minutes ago, mishra said:

^ With all due respect, i could have used ur example and could have shown same level of insensitivity you have shown with victims  that you would have either run to mods or left the forum voluntarily for some time because you havent got enough water in you to leave it for good.

I will simply say, Unlike you, I am not going to read 21st century western sermons on victims. 

Do not bother to reply me as I am going to put you on ignore list for good. You are second person whom i have put on ignore list. First person, was on grounds that he was to egoistic. You are too full of yourself and far to insensitive , far too selfish and so thoroughly wrong and full of twisted **** that its hopeless to argue with you without going down to same level to make you understand what you are saying.

My advice to you is introspect. You do not come out as, forget good, just a bearable person

Take your bullshit claims elsewhere. 

1. I *have* shown more sensetivity towards the victims than you have. I have denounced their murderers, you have justified their murder and shown 'sympathies' with the murderers. Kindly examine your own broken morals that lets you feel sorry for murderers murdering their own families due to screwed up belief systems.

2. To decry any criticism of hinduvta bigotry as 'western sermons' is a catchphrase for all hinduvta to hide behind. First of all, it is not western sermons, there are plenty of Indian intellectuals who hate the concept of Jauhar and sati. And secondly, even if it was a western sermon, so what ? Some things western are superior to Indian concepts. This is one such example. Some things we are superior at (for e.g., acceptance of transsexuals in the culture). 

Don't pick and choose your own culture to suit your egotist hinduvta mentality, focus on Vasudeva kutumbakam. 

3.  See if i care. Keep running away with your sermons of hinduvta stupidity, where you feel compelled to sympathize with murderers and such due to your warped religion. 

4. It is due to introspect and introspect alone, why a Kulin Brahmin would give the big giant middle finger to Hindu belief system. Its bullcrap. central premise is bullcrap, most of the stories are bullcrap, most of the ethos are either outdated or bullcrap. Its the moral system of the past, not the future.