Green pitches likely in Nagpur and Delhi too

Feed

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

I would rather we play on normal pitches, we are losing points every time we draw against middle tier teams. We need a good cushion because of the overseas series' next year. May be rest the top players from ODIs/T20s and send them on an early flight to SA like Kirsten forced us to do in 2010-11. 

It's rather amusing that we are treating a real test team - Sri Lanka - as a practice squad.  Like an SA BP XI.  Feeds my ego as a fan of this team :-)!  

Maybe we are expecting that SA will not provide us practice matches with pacy wickets before unleashing pacy wickets on us when the tests start.     

Edited by Brainfade
4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Test rankings are important too, we gotta keep the mace.

More important than a series win in sa, aus?

This test was a reality check for all our basmen. They were in a bubble for so long with only matches in sub continent. Now they know wat is waiting and wat needs to be done before sa series.

Atleast 3-4 ranji teams have better bowling attacks than this sl team. I dont mind if we use this series as a preperation for sa.

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Test rankings are important too, we gotta keep the mace.

We needed practice on lively pitches before SA tour . That was a given. 

If we cannot take  risk against SL pace attack which is one of the weakest currently , then against whom we would take such a risk ?  If Vishwa Fernando comes in and bowls well along with Lakmal , quality of their attack might go a liittle higher .

Absolutely right thing to do, what they have done .

Also if we can't beat SL on a lively pitch how come we we can aspire to beat SA in their den ?

This would be stupid though. Pretty sure we will get a good surface with true bounce...not exactly flat but something for strokeplay and something for seamers in South Africa....Are we visiting Newzealand? I don’t think we get these pitches in even England anymore.

Just play to the strengths instead of these manufactured conditions :facepalm: