With overseas series imminent,current batting lineup gives no confidence

SK_IH

8 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

OP seems unrealistic, presently Indian side is among the best batting lineup, anywhere, yes I would not have Dhawan but Vijay

Rahul

Vijay

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Saha

Are you joking, seriously.

This lineup is as good or even better then Big 3, look at their numbers .

i dont see this batting as good as you think it is,and lulz at saha ,this guy plays behind ashwin, i dont have much faith in him,anything that is scored after rahane overseas will be a bonus

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i dont see this batting as good as you think it is,and lulz at saha ,this guy plays behind ashwin, i dont have much faith in him,anything that is scored after rahane overseas will be a bonus

Saha is batting below Ashwin so that Ashwin, Jadeja can express themselves n go for their strokes, Saha can bat with the tail, has good temperament, technique, n if you can see that too bad, Saha might be as good then most BATSMEN in teams like Pakistan, SL, he has averaged 45 this year, you might sound delirious if you make a comment like that.

16 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Saha is batting below Ashwin so that Ashwin, Jadeja can express themselves n go for their strokes, Saha can bat with the tail, has good temperament, technique, n if you can see that too bad, Saha might be as good then most BATSMEN in teams like Pakistan, SL, he has averaged 45 this year, you might sound delirious if you make a comment like that.

numerous times it seems team management has no trust in his abilities and you are talking about expressing themselves as if ashwin plays like gilchrist, if he had been such type of  player,saha getting the demotion would have made sense but thats not the case

and jadeja is not a batsman whether he expresses himself or not 

13 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Kolkata was more akin to English conditions

Sa will have more bounce than swing. Ishant will be more useful than bhuvi there.

in an imaginary world ishant has always been our best bowler in sa ,he is tall and gets bounce :rofl: 

The thing with our 3rd bowler they are mostly inconsistent be it Ishant or umesh. Decision on umesh should be after the srilanka series. He hasn't played that much cricket that's only the benefit of doubt for him. He was bowling really well against Australia wonder what happened to him.

17 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Ishant averages like a batsman in South Africa. He has a mighty 54 avg and 3.5 economy. I would never selected someone with such figures that too a tall bowler who can take advantage of pitches in southafrica.

select someone else then. 

Edited by rkt.india
14 minutes ago, gattaca said:

The thing with our 3rd bowler they are mostly inconsistent be it Ishant or umesh. Decision on umesh should be after the srilanka series. He hasn't played that much cricket that's only the benefit of doubt for him. He was bowling really well against Australia wonder what happened to him.

he id play ranji trophy. he did play some.

10 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

If only the selectors had the foresight to include Bumrah for the currest series against SL, they'd have given themselves another option in terms of fast bowling combination in South Africa.

Not including Bumrah is appalling.

We have a pacer who combines wicket-taking-ability + accuracy + pace + bounce + seaming ability + ability to learn + international cricket experience ..... and he is not in our plans for SA tests   !!!!   

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

numerous times it seems team management has no trust in his abilities and you are talking about expressing themselves as if ashwin plays like gilchrist, if he had been such type of  player,saha getting the demotion would have made sense but thats not the case

and jadeja is not a batsman whether he expresses himself or not 

You seem to contradict yourself, when mentioned that Saha averages 45 this year you talk about faith in his abilities, Virat n management haven't looked at any keeper in test since Dhoni retired cause they have faith in him, Virat mentioned this several times before, if you can't recognize the abilities n performance of current batters you r not qualified to judge test cricketers then, barring Dhawan, Rohit who hopefully won't be playing our line up is solid.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, SK_IH said:

Virat, Pujara and Rahane are the supposed bulkwarks of this batting lineup but none of them gives that belief that they will/can dominate opposition overseas.It was disappointing to see them struggle against someone like Lakmal,average bowler at best.

• Mostly I am worried about Rahane,this guy cannot have such inconsistent spells like he has had in his career so far.If continues the trend,series winning can be a distant dream.
  • Pujara has a massive question mark against his name,we dont know how different his returns will be this time around.
  • Unlike most here,I am most confident about Virat,he has his shortcomings but i have inkling he will standout and mostly someone we will depend on.
  • In last few series our lower order has been contributing a lot but I have my doubts about their contribution overseas against a competent opposition.Them getting blown away most times is likely.I am including Pandya in the lower order,we dont know about his abilities in testing conditions still.
  • Also we dont know who is the ideal partner for Rahul at the top,having a walking at the top once again will put middle order under pressure.

I see  real optimism among some here about India's chances this time but this batting lineup is quite fragile.Please discuss

each and every bit has come true unfortunately