Was Alastair Cook's 2010 Ashes performance just an aberration?

39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hope so, we have gifted him enough runs and 100s...much more than he deserves. 

You wait and watch, all the underperformers in current Ashes - Moeen, Clouderson, Barbie, Cook and Root will get pretty stats against us next year. If no, then we have finally laid to rest the ghost of 2011.

Just now, MechEng said:

You wait and watch, all the underperformers in current Ashes - Moeen, Clouderson, Barbie, Cook and Root will get pretty stats against us next year. If no, then we have finally laid to rest the ghost of 2011.

I would say 2012. 2011 was bad no doubt but when they won in India next year, that was even more humiliating !!!!

1 minute ago, MechEng said:

i am dead sure about root scoring truckloads/daddy hundreds agntst us as usual

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I would say 2012. 2011 was bad no doubt but when they won in India next year, that was even more humiliating !!!!

2012 was not that painful to me because our team was already shattered by that time after 8-0. The 2011 UK tour was the gloomiest time for me as a fan, even worse than 2007 World Cup exit. 

9 hours ago, MechEng said:

root for sure will begin rampaging at home and the same goes for cloudy who is a "great" bowler when conditions assist him. not too sure abour barbie and cookie though; I think they may be in decline and will hopefully not revive against us.

Edited by Vijy
On 17 December 2017 at 9:31 PM, Vijy said:

root for sure will begin rampaging at home and the same goes for cloudy who is a "great" bowler when conditions assist him. not too sure abour barbie and cookie though; I think they may be in decline and will hopefully not revive against us.

So Root will rampage in 'cloudy' conditions where Anderson succeeds but not good for flat conditions?

in any case Andersons had a good series