Backup keeper for SA/other away tours?

45 minutes ago, philcric said:

Pant averages 58 in FC.

Afridi - 32

Dhoni - 37

Badrinath has 60 so ? FC doesn't mean anything..

Pant - 18 matches

Let that hack play 50 to 60 more.. He already have enough single digits recently. How come Iyer is getting more chances then ?  It's obvious virat doesn't trust that hack.. hence he prefers Iyer. 

16 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Badrinath has 60 so ? FC doesn't mean anything..

Pant - 18 matches

Let that hack play 50 to 60 more.. He already have enough single digits recently. How come Iyer is getting more chances then ?  It's obvious virat doesn't trust that hack.. hence he prefers Iyer. 

You called Pant an 'afridi type slogger'.

Sloggers do not have such a high FC average (58). 18 FC matches is a fair sample size.

3 minutes ago, philcric said:

You called Pant an 'afridi type slogger'.

Sloggers do not have such a high FC average (58). 18 FC matches is a fair sample size.

Are you telling me his gameplay isn't similar to afridi ? Hack slog and get out... Like I said even badrinath has 60 average in Fc over 200. Even maxwell has 42 average so ? How did that turn out ? You still didn't answer why kohli didn't back him then ? Why does he prefer Iyer and  why he is getting more chances...

Iyer had great scores recently unlike pant who flopped every series. Look at his recent performances and his List A 

13 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Are you telling me his gameplay isn't similar to afridi ? Hack slog and get out... Like I said even badrinath has 60 average in Fc over 200. Even maxwell has 42 average so ? How did that turn out ? You still didn't answer why kohli didn't back him then ? Why does he prefer Iyer and  why he is getting more chances...

Iyer had great scores recently unlike pant who flopped every series. Look at his recent performances and his List A 

Yes, I am telling you Pant's game is not similar to Afridi. You cannot have Afridi's kind of game and average over 50 in FC.

Badrinath has 60 average in FC. He is not a 'slogger'. The discussion here is about whether Pant is a slogger or not. Not if every high FC average batsman is of international standard. Btw Rahane, Kohli and Iyer also have high FC averages.

Why is Iyer selected ahead of Pant? May be because he's a better batsman than Pant. May be because he's been in good form recently and Pant isn't.

How does that make Pant a 'hack' or a 'slogger' ?

1 hour ago, philcric said:

Yes, I am telling you Pant's game is not similar to Afridi. You cannot have Afridi's kind of game and average over 50 in FC.

Badrinath has 60 average in FC. He is not a 'slogger'. The discussion here is about whether Pant is a slogger or not. Not if every high FC average batsman is of international standard. Btw Rahane, Kohli and Iyer also have high FC averages.

Why is Iyer selected ahead of Pant? May be because he's a better batsman than Pant. May be because he's been in good form recently and Pant isn't.

How does that make Pant a 'hack' or a 'slogger' ?

You the one who mentioned first class averages not me... you said he has 50 average in 18 matches and then you  tried to compare players with 200+ innings 

When did I ever say badrinath was a slogger ? All am trying to say is.. just because you have 50 or 60 average in FC that doesn't mean you are a good enough to make it to INTL cricket. 

Maxwell still averages 42 in 54 matches in FC... 42 average is good enough so that doesn't mean he isn't a hack. 18 matches 50 average mehhh.. I saw enough of him in IPL to declare him a slogger... which he is 

Iyer played 77 innings with 54 average. Now that's impressive...unlike some one season wonder. 

Edited by Rasgulla