Overseas Test batting - Dhawan, Rahul, Vijay, Rahane, Pujara - Who should sit out?

I have been having a feeling that both Dhawan and Rohit are really determined to prove themselves overseas in this round of tours... They have shone the desire to fight it out and are keen to permanently keep their slots in the side as they would know that failure here and in england would literally end their test careers for good.

I have high doubts on Rahane's form and his confidence.. I do hope he comes through but the lad should never again play a home test.. I am sure chepu will do better than last time but I doubt he can make big 100s given he has limited strokes against seamers and has usually cashed in on spinners for all his runs in home tests after blocking out the fast bowlers.

VK is in a separate mold and is looking to compete against Smith and hence will be looking to cash in. Lets hope our bowlers stand up and make something out of the series like Sreesanth and Zaheer did back in 2006

The result we see today is quite precedent.  Rohit cannot judge the ball moving in, Cheteshwar has had two run outs in a single test, Virat thinks he can simply outgun the opposition with his verbal skills, Shikhar Dhawan's problems continue and so on. The fact that the vice captain was made to sit out the test series till now is indicative of the fact that there are genuine issues within the team which have nothing to do with cricket. A vice captain is a part of the think tank. He is a second in command and deserved more respect than this. What importance lies in failing at home against a third grade side like Sri lanka while the rest of this overhyped batting lineup fall prey to seam conducive pitches time and again? That's exactly what the others are; simply bullies in home conditions. Did we all not witness how wonderfully Rahane led India to the series victory against Australia in the home series, when Kohli was busy admonishing Steve Smith and throwing abusive hurls at him(notwithstanding the fact that Steve Smith was a clear winner on the kind of pitches presented, while Virat struggled against a quality Aussie pace attack at home itself.) When the best overseas test batsman is made to warm the bench and a gutter chaap flat track bully like Rohit is given opportunity after opportunity in spite of his inability, that speaks volumes of the vision the captain has in terms of winning, and clear lack of insight. God help him in England and Australia. A story of whitewashes to follow in the subsequent tours. Buckle up!!

Edited by kunal_171183
On 12/18/2017 at 10:37 PM, SUMO said:

Chepu might have learned something from previous tours. Lets see if he can find some way to score runs. We will depend a lot on vk and rahane though.

But SA bowling is relentless we need one of steyn morkel rabada to get injured to make it even stevens.:p:

I did read that Ashwin scored more runs than him in county this year. 

On 18 December 2017 at 10:13 AM, tweaker said:

Rohit is not the guaranteed starter, Pandya should bat at no 6

On 17 December 2017 at 2:47 PM, King Tendulkar said:

Er Rohit is not guaranteed starter 

guaranteed starters are kohli , pujara and maybe vijay 

On 17 December 2017 at 2:58 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how on earth is  rohit a guarnteed starter 

On 17 December 2017 at 3:05 PM, King Tendulkar said:

Exactly lol good op from that weird bit

On 18 December 2017 at 10:13 AM, tweaker said:

Rohit is not the guaranteed starter, Pandya should bat at no 6

Lol what did I say.

Rohit was always meant to be a starter

17 hours ago, kunal_171183 said:

The result we see today is quite precedent.  Rohit cannot judge the ball moving in, Cheteshwar has had two run outs in a single test, Virat thinks he can simply outgun the opposition with his verbal skills, Shikhar Dhawan's problems continue and so on......... Buckle up!!

Your quote got me thinking, all of India's overseas problems revolve around, and can be solved if we address -- balls.

Rohit cannot play the moving ball.  Chet apparently stumbles over his balls when he attempts a run.  Kohli thinks that speaking in a ballsy manner is the same as actually acting it.  Dhawan left his balls on the flat Lankan pitches. Vijay and Rahul are batting as if Kohli's 'intent laden' balls are in their mouth.  Kohli thinks Rahane has no balls, so how can he play? 

And whatever Shastri thinks, believes, imagines or says is all utter, utter balls.

My suggestion is to recruit 10 players with names like Ballachander, BallaKrishnan, Ballram Bhagat, Ball Thackerey, Ballbazz Badruddin, Ballinder Singh and Ball Murali Bhargava.  Captain still Virat ("I take the ball and go home") Kohli.