India u19 Pacers: Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Ishan Porel

PBN

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

I think Imran should be about 2-3 inches more than 6 feet. Remember having dinner with him about 28 yrs ago..

Akram was always said to be 6'2" .....  and Imran looked about 2" shorter than him.

If Imran was indeed 6'2" then the height of most pacers is more than what we think.  Umesh could be more than 6 feet then.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Akram was always said to be 6'2" .....  and Imran looked about 2" shorter than him.

If Imran was indeed 6'2" then the height of most pacers is more than what we think.  Umesh could be more than 6 feet then.

I was guessing... But Imran cant be less than 6 atleast. And I think Wasim is atleast 6'3' and not 6'2'. I could be wrong, but I really think Wasim is 6'3'.

It was meant to be a trial by spin for Australia. Instead, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Shivam Mavi, India's new-ball pair, were zipping and hooping the ball under Tauranga's night sky at over 140kph. The speed gun, the calibration of which varies from broadcaster to broadcaster, pegged Nagarkoti's fastest ball at 149kph. Mavi's fastest ball was just a shade slower at 146kph. Irrespective of whether this was accurate or not, watching them run in with intensity and flatten the stumps repeatedly was quite a sight.

The reverse swing too wasn't a surprise to those who have watched him bowl. His coach Surendra Singh Rathod, who was watching the game on television, has seen Nagarkoti repeatedly destroy stumps on Jaipur dustbowls with the late inward movement, one the quick has learnt over time. "I've seen Waqar Younis, the way he used to reverse the ball," Nagarkoti said of his fascination of the art. "Any bowler who has pace, can get the ball to reverse. I've been working on that. In the evening, there was some breeze so that helped too. If you had control, you could get it to move even for medium-pacers."

Nagarkoti had to be corrected for his use of the word 'medium-pace.' It elicited an innocent smile, but he then elaborated on how he has developed the art of bowling fast. "It helps to have another bowler, who bowls that fast. You want to push yourself too," he said of Mavi. "We discuss a lot on the field. If I have issues, he comes up to me and tells me. I do the same. So we both work on delivering in different situations. My pace has picked up in recent times. A stint at the MRF Pace Foundation has been very helpful. Although I was injured, I worked on regaining strength. At that time, I learnt how fast bowlers balance things out.

"In England in a televised game, someone told me it was 143kph. Today, I was told it's 149. For me, it's just about working on my action and being as consistent as I can be. I didn't try to change much. I just wanted to remain accurate. Mostly our bowling coach Paras Mhambrey tells me to focus on accuracy. There is a tendency to spray the ball if you have pace. That's what I've worked on."

While Nagarkoti was recuperating from injury, Mavi, who comes from Noida, had the experience of bowling in the Afghanistan nets during their training in Greater Noida to bank on, courtesy Lalchand Rajput, the former national coach, who facilitated the sessions. He has also benefitted from a number of Afghanistan's inter-squad matches.

Mavi's action is open-chested, giving you the impression that the ball will come back in. Today, he showed immaculate control in allowing deliveries to hold their line. The pace he's developed over time has come about by plenty of bowling, not just gym work because he was advised against it. This has made him all the more dangerous.

The swing aspect, he's picked up having spent plenty of time in the nets with Anureet Singh, the Railways seamer, who he considers a close friend and mentor. "He sought me out, and that itself shows how much he wants to learn," Anureet said. "He wanted to be effective on flat pitches too. So he worked on improving his pace and not just concentrate on swing. Once he increased his pace, he had most bases covered."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22093884/speedy-kamlesh-nagarkoti-shivam-mavi-spring-surprise-australia

Good article but ofcourse cricinfo will be doubtful of Indian boys bowling quick :facepalm: 

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

site had issues after software update. you were not blocked.

Thanks! I felt the same way too. Mods if you have problems with outr posts please warn us/delete them but blocking should be the last resort.

3 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Good article but ofcourse cricinfo will be doubtful of Indian boys bowling quick :facepalm: 

Australians are known for bowling quick .... fastest ball by Australians in this game was 140 k ..... average speed of both Nagarkoti and Mavi were quicker than this by 2 k and 3 k .....  this should give these people some perspective.

32 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I was guessing... But Imran cant be less than 6 atleast. And I think Wasim is atleast 6'3' and not 6'2'. I could be wrong, but I really think Wasim is 6'3'.

RAFbhai .... I  am guessing too.

Wasim could easily be 6'3". and Srinath was same height.

I think most players are taller than the impression we get on TV.

17 minutes ago, Mosher said:

It was meant to be a trial by spin for Australia. Instead, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Shivam Mavi, India's new-ball pair, were zipping and hooping the ball under Tauranga's night sky at over 140kph. The speed gun, the calibration of which varies from broadcaster to broadcaster, pegged Nagarkoti's fastest ball at 149kph. Mavi's fastest ball was just a shade slower at 146kph. Irrespective of whether this was accurate or not, watching them run in with intensity and flatten the stumps repeatedly was quite a sight.

The reverse swing too wasn't a surprise to those who have watched him bowl. His coach Surendra Singh Rathod, who was watching the game on television, has seen Nagarkoti repeatedly destroy stumps on Jaipur dustbowls with the late inward movement, one the quick has learnt over time. "I've seen Waqar Younis, the way he used to reverse the ball," Nagarkoti said of his fascination of the art. "Any bowler who has pace, can get the ball to reverse. I've been working on that. In the evening, there was some breeze so that helped too. If you had control, you could get it to move even for medium-pacers."

Nagarkoti had to be corrected for his use of the word 'medium-pace.' It elicited an innocent smile, but he then elaborated on how he has developed the art of bowling fast. "It helps to have another bowler, who bowls that fast. You want to push yourself too," he said of Mavi. "We discuss a lot on the field. If I have issues, he comes up to me and tells me. I do the same. So we both work on delivering in different situations. My pace has picked up in recent times. A stint at the MRF Pace Foundation has been very helpful. Although I was injured, I worked on regaining strength. At that time, I learnt how fast bowlers balance things out.

"In England in a televised game, someone told me it was 143kph. Today, I was told it's 149. For me, it's just about working on my action and being as consistent as I can be. I didn't try to change much. I just wanted to remain accurate. Mostly our bowling coach Paras Mhambrey tells me to focus on accuracy. There is a tendency to spray the ball if you have pace. That's what I've worked on."

While Nagarkoti was recuperating from injury, Mavi, who comes from Noida, had the experience of bowling in the Afghanistan nets during their training in Greater Noida to bank on, courtesy Lalchand Rajput, the former national coach, who facilitated the sessions. He has also benefitted from a number of Afghanistan's inter-squad matches.

Mavi's action is open-chested, giving you the impression that the ball will come back in. Today, he showed immaculate control in allowing deliveries to hold their line. The pace he's developed over time has come about by plenty of bowling, not just gym work because he was advised against it. This has made him all the more dangerous.

The swing aspect, he's picked up having spent plenty of time in the nets with Anureet Singh, the Railways seamer, who he considers a close friend and mentor. "He sought me out, and that itself shows how much he wants to learn," Anureet said. "He wanted to be effective on flat pitches too. So he worked on improving his pace and not just concentrate on swing. Once he increased his pace, he had most bases covered."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22093884/speedy-kamlesh-nagarkoti-shivam-mavi-spring-surprise-australia

Cricinfo paetheic sterotyping . As Indian bowl quick not sure on speed guns. If aussie or England bowler did that no mention 

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

RAFbhai .... I  am guessing too.

Wasim could easily be 6'3". and Srinath was same height.

I think most players are taller than the impression we get on TV.

Well, Hansie Cronje used to look 5'10'ish on tv. When I saw him up close, he was 6'5'!

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

WTH are you saying man? They are either of the same pace as bowlers from other countries, or quicker. Btw, jhoolan goswami was the worlds fastest bowler in womens cricket.

Not anymore. He barely bowls 110 kph now. Elesy perrt, Katherine brunt used to easily cross 120. One bowler for SA clocks 125k plus

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not anymore. He barely bowls 110 kph now. Elesy perrt, Katherine brunt used to easily cross 120. One bowler for SA clocks 125k plus

You said that Indian women team dont have bowlers who bowl fast and thats not true! The point was not if Indian bowlers are the fastest.