The selective bias we show

maniac

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Morkel averages 32 in india, 30 in eng and 27 in sa

Ishant averages 36 in India, 40 in eng and  52 in sa

Ishant is no morkel to have our Sympathy and praise

This thread is not a Morkel vs Ishant....it is just to show how some players have an automatic hate built up with ICFrs that they just can’t get any redemption.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

This thread is not a Morkel vs Ishant....it is just to show how some players have an automatic hate built up with ICFrs that they just can’t get any redemption.

how can you expect redemption when any sportsman has such a horrible record and attitude even after playing for more than 10 years?? statements like jumping from 24th floor doesn't help either, sorry but i don't blame icf here, this might be the first thread which I don't agree with you :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Scar said:

so are we supposed to castigate morkel for not getting our batsmen out?

No....it is just that we make Morkel to be some beast where as withh some players there is no margin for errors....for what it’s worth Ishant has been the best fast bowler either side in this match. That is what I am alluding to where it took one average over for him to get abused.

Ok then. During the 1st test Pollock on commentary was explaining a problem that Morkel had very recently developed that took away his potency. He did a whole analysis of how the ball was slightly coming out of the side of his hand, his wrist wasn't behind full behind the ball, and you could see his little pinky finger. This has been Ishant's stock ball since 2007. 

EDIT

I mean what the f%ck

Edited by goose

Rohit has scored more runs than Pujara While I agree that both deserve criticism,on one hand there is hush hush on Pujara’s failures where the other has received amazing hate.

Things like this irk me and that is what I am pointing out..go crazy with criticism equally but selective hate is what gets me every time.

this is what I mean by bias for selective players

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Rohit has scored more runs than Pujara While I agree that both deserve criticism,on one hand there is hush hush on Pujara’s failures where the other has received amazing hate.

Things like this irk me and that is what I am pointing out..go crazy with criticism equally but selective hate is what gets me every time.

this is what I mean by bias for selective players

because pujara got run out.... he wouldnt have flopped like rohit if he was still playing

1 minute ago, swapnil123 said:

because pujara got run out.... he wouldnt have flopped like rohit if he was still playing

Was it an unfortunate incident or result of a brain fart....atleast lbw decisions there is no technology yet to validate the 100% accuracy of it...however it is what it is...as I said both deserve criticism but clearly there is a crusade against one player.

one poster said he scores 200s in Odis because of selfish cricket....the other brought up averages and hate for Ishant even though he has been the best fast bowler on display from either sides.

There is cherry picking when it comes to hate...that’s all I am pointing out...I never said Ishant is a greater bowler than Morkel.

59 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I think point of the thread is being forgotten over pin pointing other things what Maniac wrote.

I kind of agree with him that when we start hating something, then we go to a route where we start hating and criticizing that particular player in every way possible since we just don’t want to see them in the team.

Hmm but the chances that are given to Ishant and the returns we got are terrible. He doesn’t have basics of fast bowler. Doesn’t has good seam position, lost his action , tried to copy Zaheer. He should be the leader of the pace attack and he doesn’t even take the reaponsibility. I mean who would do that. His self confidence doesn’t seem inspiring to me. Him and Rohit are two players we over invested in tests. Both of these players hogged and are still keeping good players out of the team.Even if it was zero sum game in terms of returns we would have been happy.

Edited by gattaca
33 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Ven Hmm but the chances that are given to Ishant and the returns we got are terrible. He doesn’t have basics of fast bowler. Doesn’t has good seam position, lost his action , tried to copy Zaheer. He should be the leader of the pace attack and he doesn’t even take the reaponsibility. I mean who would do that. His self confidence doesn’t seem inspiring to me. Him and Rohit are two players we over invested in tests. Both of these players hogged and are still keeping good players out of the team.Even if it was zero sum game in terms of returns we would have been happy.

I don’t want to use the word hate but I kind of dislike Ishant’s selection st this time but I agree with Maniac’s sentiments if same mistakes are made by other players we kind of not make it a big deal, Why? simple reason - We go with the wind or go wih the flow that everyone is dissing someone, then lets disss them too.

I am not a fan of Sharma, either of the Sharmas playing but he raised a good point which he did not specifically defined.

In other words his whole point can be rephrhased as “People diss players according to the flow of the opinions.”

Very true.

God Bless America

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I don’t want to use the word hate but I kind of dislike Ishant’s selection st this time but I agree with Maniac’s sentiments if same mistakes are made by other players we kind of not make it a big deal, Why? simple reason - We go with the wind or go wih the flow that everyone is dissing someone, then lets disss them too.

I am not a fan of Sharma, either of the Sharmas playing but he raised a good point which he did not specifically defined.

In other words his whole point can be rephrhased as “People diss players according to the flow of the opinions.”

Very true.

God Bless America

Amen brother....I will listen to dilliwali girlfriend song on a loop while watching dilli6 and Delhi belli tonight as an appreciation for the cooperation and understanding :five: