Mark my words - India U19 left arm seemer Arshdeep Singh will touch 150KMPH

Yantra

15 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Arshdeep is substandard.

How good is mandeep singh and aditya thackre??

I think you are drawing this conclusion after comparing his bowling speed with mavi and nagarkoti. Please be informed that the pace Arshdeep is bowling, is still the same as the fastest bowlers from other U19 teams. Its just that mavi and nagarkoti are freaks in terms of pace. 

I think Arshdeep is a good bowler.

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think you are drawing this conclusion after comparing his bowling speed with mavi and nagarkoti. Please be informed that the pace Arshdeep is bowling, is still the same as the fastest bowlers from other U19 teams. Its just that mavi and nagarkoti are freaks in terms of pace. 

I think Arshdeep is a good bowler.

He is under 130, 90% of the time.

And many teams has atleast 1-2 bowlers hitting 135-140.

Sorry to sound harsh arsh is good but its hard to become 145 bowler from.

In india the best talent takes up 5-10 years to mature even slightly. The best we managed was zak. Sree ishant irfan all withered away.

Recently shami yadav bhuvi etc have just managed to improve slightly or hold on to way they burst into the scene.

Thats why I dont get excited unless I see a freak bowling talent.

25 minutes ago, SUMO said:

In india the best talent takes up 5-10 years to mature even slightly. The best we managed was zak. Sree ishant irfan all withered away.

Recently shami yadav bhuvi etc have just managed to improve slightly or hold on to way they burst into the scene.

What you are saying was true for pacers who debuted till 2012.

Pacers who have come in after that ...  Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah ... have all improved in terms of skills, pace and bounce within 1 to 3 years of debut.

And new pacers like Saini look quite skilled and pacy too.

2 hours ago, SUMO said:

He is under 130, 90% of the time.

And many teams has atleast 1-2 bowlers hitting 135-140.

Sorry to sound harsh arsh is good but its hard to become 145 bowler from.

Thats why I dont get excited unless I see a freak bowling talent.

He bowls around 135ish. Its the same pace others quicker bowlers are bowling at. Please enlighten me on some of the other bowlers who have touched 140, apart from the Indians. 

Btw, you are judging bowlers based on speed? I clearly mentioned he may not be quick, but he is a good bowler!

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

What you are saying was true for pacers who debuted till 2012.

Pacers who have come in after that ...  Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah ... have all improved in terms of skills, pace and bounce within 1 to 3 years of debut.

And new pacers like Saini look quite skilled and pacy too.

Yes signs have been good in recent years but still out of 10 exciting 140+ bowlers who plays for A team 9 fails miserably.

We need more such bowlers.

Mavi and koti gives hope at least.

Arsh is good but he needs to be polished hugely in terms of fitness action skill which is too much to ask from indian set up. 

44 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

He bowls around 135ish. Its the same pace others quicker bowlers are bowling at. Please enlighten me on some of the other bowlers who have touched 140, apart from the Indians. 

Btw, you are judging bowlers based on speed? I clearly mentioned he may not be quick, but he is a good bowler!

Fisher from NZ has bowled 138-142 in last match. 

Jones from SA 136-140.

Heard from commentators that best 2 pacemen of aus were not playing in the game vs india as they were injured.

Even them rolstan touched 140.

Havent seen shaheen afridi from pak but heard he is very tall and pacey too.

26 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Fisher from NZ has bowled 138-142 in last match. 

Jones from SA 136-140.

Heard from commentators that best 2 pacemen of aus were not playing in the game vs india as they were injured.

Even them rolstan touched 140.

Havent seen shaheen afridi from pak but heard he is very tall and pacey too.

So in total, you have given 2 bowlers with a top speed of 142 and 140 respectively. Which means their average pace is in 130's. Aint much quicker than Arshdeep! 

You're welcome!

27 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

So in total, you have given 2 bowlers with a top speed of 142 and 140 respectively. Which means their average pace is in 130's. Aint much quicker than Arshdeep! 

You're welcome!

But there are dozens of bowlers in the range of arshdeep 127-135.

See I have nothing against arshdeep but I want to see 145-150 express bowler for the future thats all.

6 minutes ago, SUMO said:

O really I didnt know that but I'm more interested in finding indian lee, akhtar, bond steyn starc

I understand what you are saying. I want the same. But I honestly feel we have more than enough firepower in terms of pace. We need some quality bowlers with decent pace too.

On 1/20/2018 at 7:51 AM, rkt.india said:

Those two were playing first time after June after a long injury rehab. Nagarkoti was even doubtful to make it to wc and could undergo surgery as he had a tear in his shoulder but he recovered on time.

what pace were nagarkoti and mavi bowling in india..i am sure they were below 140k but in australia they suddenly bowled 145+..seems our indian speed guns are 10 k slower than the speed guns used in Australia..IS it...

definitely 5K slower.

16 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

what pace were nagarkoti and mavi bowling in india..i am sure they were below 140k but in australia they suddenly bowled 145+..seems our indian speed guns are 10 k slower than the speed guns used in Australia..IS it...

definitely 5K slower.

WC isn't in Australia but NZ. They both were coming back from injury so were not their peak pace. Nagarkoti bowled 144k in England last year.

19 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

definitely 5K slower.

That was my logic, since Arsh was bowling 140 in India he should have touched 145+, one thing I am noticing with his bowling in India and NZ is that in India he was bowling more aggressively running in hard and bending his back, In NZ he appears to be just bowling withing him self, kind of just releasing the balls, may be he was instructed to do so by defensive captain and coach.

18 minutes ago, Yantra said:

That was my logic, since Arsh was bowling 140 in India he should have touched 145+, one thing I am noticing with his bowling in India and NZ is that in India he was bowling more aggressively running in hard and bending his back, In NZ he appears to be just bowling withing him self, kind of just releasing the balls, may be he was instructed to do so by defensive captain and coach.

Even in India, there was just one ball at 140 and mostly around 130.