Series outcome, Are you happy?  

1. 1.

• Aus 2 - Ind 1
    • Aus 3 - Ind 1 or Aus 3 - Ind 0
    • Aus 2 - Ind 2
    • Aus 1 - Ind 2
    • Aus 1 - Ind 1
    • Aus 1 - Ind 3

ICFian how do you feel after the series ends. Are you satified with the performance of this Indian team. Or you think, Aussies are over hyped and they are beatable. Not to forget that we were Playing in their backyards. Forget bhajji chapter, lets only talk cricket. 1. I am very happy with the outcome, Aus 2 - Ind 1. 2. I am not happy at all, should have been 3-1, 3-0. 3. I feel sad that we didnt win the Adelaide test. 4. I feel robbed & the result should have been 1-2. 5. I feel sad & the result Should have been 1-1. 6. A fair deal would have been Aus 1 - Ind 3. VOTE OPTION ---your votes can be seen by all.

No. I am very annoyed by the fact that our bowlers didn't survive 2 overs in sydney and bundled out like dunce. Had they survived, Series would have ended 1-1 :((

Yes Blue but not to forget that our two top batsmen were robbed.
Thats not the point. Our bowlers didn't survive the 2 overs, thats all matters to me. Kumble fought hard to stay there for more than 2 hours and these 3 idiots couldn't survive 15 mins to draw the game ? They frigging collapsed against Pup, ponting bowled him just to finish up the alloted overs for the match. But he ended up being a match winner for them. Had he not won the game, he would have been HEAVILY criticized for not holding on to sehwag's catch in 2nd inn @ Adelaide. Its shameful, I tell you :((

I am happy with 2-1. I believe barring umpriring howlers, India could have saved the test. But going on to win it...I doubt that. If Symonda had been given out at 180 odd, they would still have scored aboyt 200 runs lesser. With a 300 run lead, Aus could have scored 500 plus, we still had to bat on to save the match.

For me, I feel happy that Aussies have changed the way they play their cricket. Their attitude in the last 2 test matches was totally different which suits them well.. I think more and more Non-Aus will accept Aus team if they continue to win and behave the way they did in the later part of this series. Plus I am also happy that they realized that it is only our team who could not only stand in their way of winning stake but also topple them at times. I think overall it was very competitive cricket and I dont think results would have been lot different in any case. Like say if Indians had 1 better bowler or little +ve attitude in the 1st two test, we could have easily seen different results. But just landing their and playing a test w/o any game on that soil would make it hard for anyone as it did to them. Other than that it was well fought series. And Aussies are indeed a great team. Their commitment towards game is unimaginable. In terms of tallent, I think our team is a bit ahead of them but aging players like VVS, Ganguly, Kumble and RD made lot of difference on the field performance. Bowlers lacked a bit too.

It was a great series. India played much better than expected but Australia were cleraly the better team and the series result reflects that. The umpiring in Sydney was very poor, but you can't blame Australia for that. It is how the game of cricket goes and for every charge levelled against Australia (and India) there are examples of the other team having doen the same things previously. I think that the mental impact of the drama after the game clearly impacted Australia in Perth. It was up to India to win the last test, as realistically only one team could after scoring over 500 in the first innings. Neither side had the bowlers to do it and there were no sporting declarations from either captain. If India can win the next series in India, we will know if this was a flash in the pan or not; if Australia are in decline or not; if India are in ascendency or not? I hope India learn a few lessons from the series - the importance of some tour games; the importance of specialsist openers; how far an aggresssive and positive approach can take you etc. My only negative was the over the top Indian reaction after the disappointment of losing the Sydney test. Some good may come from it all, but the ICC has permanently damaged itself and umpires are now in a horrible fix that will lead to more poor decsions under pressure than before. It may also force the use of technology for more and more decisions and almost certainly bring in the appeal system. It was also a series that saw Gilchrist decline to where his decision to retire was sad but right. Very sad. He will be missed but never forgotten.

I am satisfied but not happy. We should have had the series at 1-1 had we not lost our cool in last hour at Sydney. Looking back the last over costed us dearly. Yes we should have saved the Test and the series.
You say that in hindsight. But before the series, would have believed India would come close to a drawn series in Aus, winning in Perth of all grounds.

Not too bummed out abt the "loss". We practically battled them to a standstill after Melbourne; despite being shorthanded + the umpiring blunders in Sydney. Still, should've been able to save that Test despite the screw ups. Oh well...overall, can't say this Indian team didn't make me proud.