Virat Kohli needs someone to point out his mistakes: Virender Sehwag

33 minutes ago, Unstable Joe said:

Yes, but Sa was at half-strength. No ABD, no Faf, a new captain who hasn't even played 5 ODIs, an out of form De Kock, etc. This win means nothing.

Simple question, is any of this our problem or fault? Then let's not use it as a stick to beat our captain and players.

Regarding the OP, couldn't agree more.  

7 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Simple question, is any of this our problem or fault? Then let's not use it as a stick to beat our captain and players.

He isn't beating the team and captain. He is just saying to hold our horses and not get carried away. SA team without AB and FaF indeed is a very weak team. Although it's unfair to list out of form de kock in it. He is in playing eleven and we are getting him out. So we are earning his wicket.

Overall these are good wins. Lets keep it that way. Once AB comes in 4th ODI hopefully we get a clear picture. Ab, Amla and Kock that is an almost full SA batting. Also it would be interesting to see how Indian batting fares once Kohli fails. Our bowling has been winning us matches so far.

Edited by Pollack
2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

He isn't beating the team and captain. He is just saying to hold our horses and not get carried away. SA team without AB and FaF indeed is a very weak team. Although it's unfair to list out of form de kock in it. He is in playing eleven and we are getting him out. So we are earning his wicket.

Overall these are good wins. Lets keep it that way. Once AB comes in 4th ODI hopefully we get a clear picture. Ab, Amla and Kock that is an almost full SA batting. Also it would be interesting to see how Indian batting fares once Kohli fails. Our bowling has been winning us matches so far.

He was saying that the wins mean nothing, which is a tad unfair, don't you think?

Sure, the team shouldn't get carried away. The RSA batting is under strength but the bowling is more or less full strength except maybe for the exclusion of Dale Steyn. Also to consider, RSA we're coming of a 17 match win streak at home. 

9 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I did not say that it is the Indian team's problem or fault. Where did I beat the team with it? :confused:  I am not saying that this team is bad or that they haven't done well. They played well and deserved to win under the current circumstances. All I'm saying is that we should not be satisfied with beating an average, underpowerd SA side and flaunting it as if we have achieved some great feat. I give full credit to the Indian team for the win in the third test for this very reason.

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

He was saying that the wins mean nothing, which is a tad unfair, don't you think?

Sure, the team shouldn't get carried away. The RSA batting is under strength but the bowling is more or less full strength except maybe for the exclusion of Dale Steyn. Also to consider, RSA we're coming of a 17 match win streak at home. 

Well, alright, let me correct myself, this win means about as much as beating Sri Lanka means imo, but a bit higher as it is in SA.

1 minute ago, Unstable Joe said:

I did not say that it is the Indian team's problem or fault. Where did I beat the team with it? :confused:  I am not saying that this team is bad or that they haven't done well. They played well and deserved to win under the current circumstances. All I'm saying is that we should not be satisfied with beating an average, underpowerd SA side and flaunting it as if we have achieved some great feat. I give full credit to the Indian team for the win in the third test for this very reason.

Ok, fair enough. We're on the same page then :wp2: . 

In my opinion, this SA team is similar to an Indian team without Kohli & Dhawan, an out of form Rahane & say, someone like say, Pant or Nair comes in & captains the team. Now, imagine this team getting thrashed by a full power SA side in India, I'm pretty sure ICF would be defending the Indian team tooth & nail.