SHAME ON YOU SOUTH AFRICA

kira

2 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

West Indies is a feeder league for the IPL. Holding hates that.

Austrayans and inglishmen are almost at the same level, but unlike WI, they have money and can maintain a degree of control over their own cricket. Don't for a second think that the goras aren't aware of their inferiority, they are. BCCI has turned world cricket into a feeder league for the IPL, it hurts them.

They are desperate to retain the position they held for 100+ years as custodians of the game. Its why they're celebrating the weakening of the BCCI. Ever wondered why the likes of Botham and these old farts plainly state that the IPL "shouldn't exist"?

It burns Botham's old shriveled gonads that top players are raking in millions these days.  And he had to settle for crumbs.   And he has no shot at being invited as a mentor or coach either, so all he can do is go on angry uncle rants about the IPL, and Indian cricket.   

But its to be expected from him.  He's never been the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.   Lower standards for him.

While I do not want any players to suffer the same fate as Phil Hughes (my God!! how can you hope someone gets hit and dies), but this lies squarely on South Africa. They made this bed and now they must sleep on it. So here are the options:

1. Come out and bat and finish the game (win or lose).

2. If you do not play again (whether it is the umpires or SA team management, whatever), then just concede the match to India so that the final series result says 2-1

3. If there is no play, and no concession and it is just a draw, then BCCI should take a stand and withdraw from the rest of the series, it is meaningless ODI/T20 stuff anyways. :giggle: However, BCCI should pay the players match fees for the lost games.

4. Regardless of 1 - 3, ICC should penalize the SA board for the pitch (especially if there is no further play), fine them big time and donate the proceeds to a good Indian charity.

In reality, none of these will happen. There will be no further play, a draw will be called, BCCI will bend over and just take it (despite Kohli creating fuss at press conferences, etc) and everyone will move on to the ODI/T20 series. However, next time a Indian pitch is criticized for being a rank turner, the groundsman should be ready with a pole to shove it in. Nothing harsh. Just gentle insertion of the lubed pole with some minor twisting and side to side tugging (to show that we care, but also want to relay a message at the same time). :giggle:

8 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

While I do not want any players to suffer the same fate as Phil Hughes (my God!! how can you hope someone gets hit and dies), but this lies squarely on South Africa. They made this bed and now they must sleep on it. So here are the options:

1. Come out and bat and finish the game (win or lose).

2. If you do not play again (whether it is the umpires or SA team management, whatever), then just concede the match to India so that the final series result says 2-1

3. If there is no play, and no concession and it is just a draw, then BCCI should take a stand and withdraw from the rest of the series, it is meaningless ODI/T20 stuff anyways. :giggle: However, BCCI should pay the players match fees for the lost games.

4. Regardless of 1 - 3, ICC should penalize the SA board for the pitch (especially if there is no further play), fine them big time and donate the proceeds to a good Indian charity.

In reality, none of these will happen. There will be no further play, a draw will be called, BCCI will bend over and just take it (despite Kohli creating fuss at press conferences, etc) and everyone will move on to the ODI/T20 series. However, next time a Indian pitch is criticized for being a rank turner, the groundsman should be ready with a pole to shove it in. Nothing harsh. Just gentle insertion of the lubed pole with some minor twisting and side to side tugging (to show that we care, but also want to relay a message at the same time). :giggle:

Stop writing essays.  There's no way SA does anything but hide behind ICC's player safety verdict.   

Just now, sandeep said:

Even Cricinfo has it...

It says India are waiting for decision at the start of day 4 and test match in doubt....since you said decision has been taken I was wondering if you were following a different source....not everything I quote of yours is trying to be confrontational :laugh:

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

It says India are waiting for decision at the start of day 4 and test match in doubt....since you said decision has been taken I was wondering if you were following a different source....not everything I quote of yours is trying to be confrontational :laugh:

Why do you think I viewed your post as confrontational? I didn't.  

South African Coach said "We want to play" and then added "if conditions are safe".   That pretty much tells you their position.

Similarly, when the ICC announces that a decision is made, teams are notified, and a press release will be out shortly.  You know that they are trying to "manage" a bad situation, and trying to avoid being questioned by a "enthusiastic" press corp directly.   I.e.  Match abandoned.   

South African cricket team is a pussy - confirmed.

21 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Botham is just one of many. He is low class, so he doesn't know how to express his frustration. But the sentiment is the same for all of them across the board. Pay attention to the way the austrayan cricket administrators talk about which game is 'relevant' and which isnt, they desperately crave control over cricket's future, even though it ISN'T their place to decide which format matters (i'd leave that to market forces).

I have no issues with Botham, or the Austrayan/inglish stance of:

test cricket = ultimate, international > franchise.

It suits their agenda, serves their best interst and they are allowed to act in their interest.

India is allowed to do the same, but unfortunately, at this moment, India is too busy fighting battles in its own house and they generally suck at diplomacy.

I'm well aware of the Eng, Aus and other board's stance towards Indian cricket and BCCI.   I was more attentive to the ICC boardroom "game of thrones" unleashed by the ECB recently against Indian cricket than most casual cricket fans.  

1 minute ago, adi B said:

I dont think match will get abandoned ,saf camp will contemplate on the issue and I feel they'll reluctantly come out to play tomorrow in order to avoid a backlash 

No way.   Its a done deal.  Watch the press conference by SA's team manager - he clearly says SA "willing to play" if the ICC informs us that it is "safe".   There's no way the ICC can stick its neck out for resuming the test at this point.  For the play to resume, both teams have to express a public desire to continue, without any question of safety.  Both ICC and SA know that.  Hence the smugly worded statement.  

Just now, chapetmarunga said:

Has pitch gotten more dangerous since SA batted on day 2 ? Why didnt they pull out then ?

Amla, Faf, Philander were all hit around during their 1st innings. None of them came forward with any dramatic plays like Elgar has since they know they are on the backfoot. SORE LOSERS!!!

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Sorry brother, didn't mean it that way, not directed at you - just frustrated that we couldn't wrap up a badly wanted test win.   

No worries! May be we can take a moral victory out of this!! :giggle:

Again, repeating myself for the umpteenth time, had India made the effort to have match preparation, it wouldn't have even come down to this. They could have won the first test and maybe the series. This SA team was beatable in their backyard. Now wait another 4 years! Kohli-Rahane-Pujara will be in their mid 30s by then. 

Edited by dandaroy