Bumrah is the next world all time great bowler

lamellavig

Bumrah has lots of potential, he is disciplined, smart, n hardworking, has genuine pace n czn bowl a bit quicker with improvements in his runup , he get bounce n moves the ball bothways also is accurats.

Most important he should stay fit, he can be Indias highest wkt taker but i dont see him as a ATG, Khalil Ahmed, Aniket, Saini to me have more promise, especially Saini n Khalil.

Just now, express bowling said:

I am not talking about opinion of people

I am talking about effectiveness.

Bumrah is higher on the ICC bowlers' rankings in ODIs and T20Is  than all these bowlers barring Boult in ODIs.  

Bumrah has a better ODI average than Rabada, Cummins, Boult, Hazlewood

Bumrah has a better test average than Starc,  Boult, 

Bumrah has a better T20I average than Rabada, Cummins, Boult. Hazlewood.

Agreed. Bumrah is just factually better. He is more efficient and has higher quality. That's all I care about. Bumrah is the most efficient at taking wickets, that's why he is the best. 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am not talking about opinion of people

I am talking about effectiveness.

Bumrah is higher on the ICC bowlers' rankings in ODIs and T20Is  than all these bowlers barring Boult in ODIs.  

Bumrah has a better ODI average than Rabada, Cummins, Boult, Hazlewood

Bumrah has a better test average than Starc,  Boult, 

Bumrah has a better T20I average than Rabada, Cummins, Boult. Hazlewood.

Bumrah has played 3 test FGS. How can you compare their records?

The likes of Cummins, Starc etc. hardly play T20I’s. 

Bumrah averages a mighty 30 against non-minnows in ODI cricket...

21 minutes ago, maniac said:

Has a natural inswinger like Srinath but @rkt.india @express bowling @Rightarmfast Etc can correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t seem to have an outswinnger.... can’t recollect him nailing one... if he adds that to his armory can be lethal.

Bumrah is more of a seam bowler than conventional swing bowler.  Seams the ball in primarily but gets one or two  deliveries an over to seam away or straighten.

Can reverse the ball in to the batter too.

I have seen him get outswing in FC matches when conditions favour conventional swing.

4 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

3 tests is more than enough to say he will be an ATG :phehe:

2 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Bumrah has been very effective in whatever he has played in every format ... and that is the point.  This does not apply to the same extent  to any of your other pacers.

2 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

India ranked 1

Averages  21.3  vs SA ranked 2

Averages 45.6  vs Eng ranked 3    ( just 1 series of 3 matches with 330+ scores )

Averages  22.8  vs NZ ranked 4

Averages  28.8  vs Aus ranked 5  

48 minutes ago, maniac said:

Has a natural inswinger like Srinath but @rkt.india @express bowling @Rightarmfast Etc can correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t seem to have an outswinnger.... can’t recollect him nailing one... if he adds that to his armory can be lethal.

This is why so disappointed in Umesh.... had a natural outswinger and added the ball that comes in too but lost all control and consistency.

50 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is why so disappointed in Umesh.... had a natural outswinger and added the ball that comes in too but lost all control and consistency.

Bumrah has ability to both swing and seem.

Check this one of his old videos where he is at his best and he seems the ball. 

Check here in domestic limited over game  how he is was holding the ball. He is looking to seem. The ball to Unmukt is a prretty good too.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No ... even 30 tests are not enough for that purpose

ATGs  can't be identified unless near retirement  or player is Tendulkar type prodigy after 50% career is over.

But but but Shaw is going to be an ATG as well and he hasn't played one test yet .

I know what it is , lots of clairvoyants on here and seeing the future in their crystal ball :phehe:

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Bumrah has ability to both swing and seem.

Check this one of his old videos where he is at his best and he seems the ball. 

Check here in domestic limited over game  how he is was holding the ball. He is looking to seem. The ball to Unmukt is a prretty good too.

We see him get reverse in-swing while taking his 3rd and 4th wicket.  This is what I wrote about a few posts earlier.

And we see him getting seam movement pretty much all the time.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We see him get reverse in-swing while taking his 3rd and 4th wicket.  This is what I wrote about a few posts earlier.

And we see him getting seam movement pretty much all the time.

Yes, I hate to see people already assuming he has done his job in South Africa and that now we don’t need him.

We can easily use him everywhere. He is a surprise package and absolutely different bowler who offers variety. He is not thr same as Bhuvi or Shami or Umesh or Saini. He is unique bowler with crazy angles whivh can really destroy some batting line up.

Also him coming around the wicket, keeping a fine leg can be a ploy in test match to a left hander. I wish he will try that. A short ball with fine leg fielder to the leftie with that angle of his.

20 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

But but but Shaw is going to be an ATG as well and he hasn't played one test yet .

I know what it is , lots of clairvoyants on here and seeing the future in their crystal ball :phehe:

Fan interest in sports is largely based on these hopes and expectations , isn't it    !

The 2nd one is ...  X is better than Y  and vice versa.   (  although 3/4 of the debaters have never seen Y play.  )

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, I hate to see people already assuming he has done his job in South Africa and that now we don’t need him.

We can easily use him everywhere. He is a surprise package and absolutely different bowler who offers variety. He is not thr same as Bhuvi or Shami or Umesh or Saini. He is unique bowler with crazy angles whivh can really destroy some batting line up.

Also him coming around the wicket, keeping a fine leg can be a ploy in test match to a left hander. I wish he will try that. A short ball with fine leg fielder to the leftie with that angle of his.

We will see him swing the ball in England.

I have seen him get outswing in FC when conditions are conducive.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fan interest in sports is totally based on these hopes and expectations , isn't it    !

The 2nd one is X is better than Y  and vice versa.   (  although 3/4 of the debaters have never seen Y play.  )

In some cases never seen X either