Federer becomes World Number 1 after 14 years, oldest ATP number 1 of all time

Dil Dil India

22 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I think of all of the tennis records, #1 at 36 in mens tennis is going to be almost as impossible to break as Bradman's 99 average...

Absolutely! It is mind-bending especially given how few events he actually played. In the same period, Rafa played what, an extra slam, 4-5 Masters more(?) and other tournaments. That's incredible!

1 hour ago, Dil Dil India said:

Absolutely! It is mind-bending especially given how few events he actually played. In the same period, Rafa played what, an extra slam, 4-5 Masters more(?) and other tournaments. That's incredible!

Actually this is the lowest # of tournaments anyone has ever played (13 i believe) to get to #1 since computerized rankings were made.

On 2/20/2018 at 1:44 AM, Muloghonto said:

Actually this is the lowest # of tournaments anyone has ever played (13 i believe) to get to #1 since computerized rankings were made.

Oh, that's incredible! I did think it would be fairly close to the record given he skipped so many tournaments but didn't check if it was actually the case. Thanks for the info :)

10 hours ago, Turning_track said:

Becomes No.1 player again after beating Kyrgios in semis of ATP Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart. GOAT.

He's close to the GOAT in all sports currently, surely? Him vs the likes of Ronaldo/Messi and others makes for an interesting convo.