Best ever tour of South Africa?

Jimmy Cliff

India's best tour of South Africa  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Best ever tour of South Africa by India?

• 2010-11
    • 100 and 66 all out in 1996-97 ftw!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/2018 at 04:38 AM

In hindsight that ODI series loss in 2011 in SA laid the platform for a WC win a few months later. This ODI series win has finished our chances for 2019, everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong. This nonsense middle order is like the Brazilian mid field/ defence of 2014 FIFA WC, waiting to get *ed by a superior, more dynamic outfit in a big stage. We will do just enough to reach the semis next year but then will outdo our kaarname of June 18th, 2017. I just hope we don't meet Pak in the semis then, else our WC streak is royally *ed.

Edited by Gollum

2011 series was closest India could have won a Test series in SA which is much bigger than ODI series or T20 nonsense. Dhoni like he always did in so many other series just didn't go all out to push for win in 3rd test.

I agree with Gollum...our One day outfit is strong as long as opposition don't breach into our middle order, fielding remains ordinary except for few individuals and basic cricketing sense not up there as an top ODI outfit like Aussie's of 2000s. On a good day we can roll over most opposition but getting out of rut (like Aussie did in WC2003 game against NZ) is not happening.  

2018 series was great in the sense first time in my life I thought Indian bowlers (in AUS,EnG,NZ or SA)could easily take 20 wkts in a match ...but stupidity of management (captain included) to go 5 days before the 1st test match was unbelievable. Playing absolutely meaningless ODI & T20 with Lankans will now leave India looking for next SA series win for a long time.