Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Age is the biggest reason. At young age, body isn't mature, strong enough to sustain the rigors of bowling fast day in day out. Our body isn't made for unusual movement bwhile bowling. Stress fracture is due to stress on spinal bones as they bend the back. Most tearaways gets stress fractures till 24-25. Aaron hasn't got once he crossed that age. Same with Yadav. Same with Cummins. Mitch starc. Mitch Johnson got 4 stress fractures by the age of 22. But as their body got stronger, they coped the workload. 

A very simplistic logic. I would be surprised if even the doctors can give exact answers though. The reason some ( and not all ) young fast bowlers get injured is because of their incorrect exercises or lack of warm up exercises. It is NOT  the age, but the incorrect practices. 

However, the topic here was stamina, and not stress fracture.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Could you elaborate please.  Not clear what you are trying to say.

the ball was moving in the air ,away from the batsman....swing 

if the ball pitches and then deviates off the pitch - seam......rajppot was getting movement in the air.

5 minutes ago, S_pace said:

If we rate both of them (Rajpoot and Avesh ) on basis of thinking bowler then we would definitely rate Rajpoot higher than Avesh. 

exactly..i am not writing off avesh but i am saying that rajpoot has bowled jaffas which will be more suitable for england tour.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Shutiyas comparing Avesh bowling on a dust bowl to this pitch. Bowler always bowls according to the pitch and batsman. Avesh too would have bowled differently on this pitch.

Avesh has potential, physique, pace but he doesn't put his mind often into bowling especially when he gets tonked for few boundaries and he goes haywire with his line and length and that's why he didn't get many FC matches last season. Lets us see this year what he brings in his game.

6 minutes ago, S_pace said:

If we rate both of them (Rajpoot and Avesh ) on basis of thinking bowler then we would definitely rate Rajpoot higher than Avesh. 

Rajpoot has been playing FC , List A and T20s for a long time. Has a lot of experience.

Avesh is a rookie tearaway.

It is difficult to compare them.

7 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

A very simplistic logic. I would be surprised if even the doctors can give exact answers though. The reason some ( and not all ) young fast bowlers get injured is because of their incorrect exercises or lack of warm up exercises. It is NOT  the age, but the incorrect practices. 

However, the topic here was stamina, and not stress fracture.

Not some, most young tearaways get stress fractures at some stage early on when they are young and it has nothing to do with warmup or exercise but stress on the spinal bone when you bowl fast and go through the same thing ball after ball, that stress leads to stress fracture. Nathu Singh is the latest Indian to suffer it at 21 last year while bowling in the Match for GL.

And it's not a logic but a proven fact about young tearaways. Reason Aus did not pick Cummins for 6 years in test cricket after he got a stress fracture in 2011 after test debut.

Edited by rkt.india

40 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Dude, he is a national level sportsman. He has played U19 for India. The training is no joke. Saying something like he doesnt have the stamina is making an umbrella statement without any basis. 

You can say he lacks in experience, or he doesnt have experience to understand when to bowl fast or when to bowl slow. Or his muscles may not have developed fully to be bowling at full pace yet, throughout the day. Saying he doesnt have stamina is ignorance. The kind of training state level athletes get is phenomenal, and the international players are on a different level. 

And anyways, even in Test, you get to bowl max 4-6 overs on a trot. Its not that you have to keep bowling the entire day. And incase you are missing, the younger guys are the fittest and have the most stamina. The older guys have experience and know how to handle their body!

The context was to the comment that he will do good in tests , which i  think could be atleast >3  years away  IMO and that too if he develops  wicket taking deliveries , not just short balls/slower balls/yorkers , which in test cricket will be palyed with care.. 

Dude  please read again what i said  " right Now "  , did i say he will never have stamina ?

I think right now most probably Navdeep Saini & Rajpoot may fit in test side among the  pacers.  

2 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

the ball was moving in the air ,away from the batsman....swing 

if the ball pitches and then deviates off the pitch - seam......rajppot was getting movement in the air.

No he was not,he was seaming the ball,it deviated after hitting the deck..Rajpoot is bowling beautifully but he is certainly not swinging it brother,Its a bowling paradise why are you comparing it with a batting paradise??cant say how Avesh could have fared here,but his pace could have caused inconvenience to the batsmen,his pace is such that even edges could have gone for boundary

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not some, most young tearaways get stress fractures at some stage early on when they are young and it has nothing to do with warmup or exercise but stress on the spinal bone when you bowl fast and go through the same thing ball after ball, that stress leads to stress fracture. Nathu Singh is the latest Indian to suffer it at 21 last year while bowling in the Match for GL.

I disagree! However, I choose to walkaway from this argument. If you believe your argument about stress fracture and age, good for you!

39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Two different pitches. People have no idea what they are talking about. Rajpoot too got thrashed in previous games on flat pitches.

There has been swing in the air and seam on the pitch in this match. Good and decent pacers opening the innings are having a field day.

I don't know why Avesh Khan, with little experience, on his worst day, on a flat pitch  is being compared to ...  Rajpoot with decent FC and IPL experience, on one of his better days, in such helpful bowling conditions.

Edited by express bowling

39 minutes ago, S_pace said:

. Whatever people here say about Avesh but Rajpoot is truly ahead in queue for England.

He obviously is.  Rajpoot has been playing FC for 6 reasons, has played in multiple A-team series and has again been chosen for the A-team to England.

All discussions about Avesh are about his future potential. First of all, he needs to play more FC  and List A and A team games to prepare himself. Hopefully, he will be reasonably ready for international cricket in 12 to 24 months.

25 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I disagree! However, I choose to walkaway from this argument. If you believe your argument about stress fracture and age, good for you!

It's proven fact by doctors. This is the reason, Australians didn't play Cummins in test cricket since 2011 for 6 years when he suffeted stress fracture after his test debut in SA. CA was advised not put him in tests by doctors due to stess fractures. He played second test at 24 after six years of his debut.

Read this

https://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/lumbar-stress-fractures-cricket-fast-bowlers

Edited by rkt.india

21 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

No he was not,he was seaming the ball,it deviated after hitting the deck..Rajpoot is bowling beautifully but he is certainly not swinging it brother,Its a bowling paradise why are you comparing it with a batting paradise??cant say how Avesh could have fared here,but his pace could have caused inconvenience to the batsmen,his pace is such that even edges could have gone for boundary

He does get some swing brother whenever he pitches it up, mostly outswing, reason why he is using that new ball, but its his pace and bounce  and seam is what does more damage, the guy is a complete bowler.