Avesh Khan bowling close to 150 k in IPL 2018

13 hours ago, kohli said:

Last 2 match

2 over 36 run

This match was reduced to 12 overs when DD were bowling. There was a rain break, the field was wet and it was difficult for the bowlers to grip the ball or bowl yorkers.

13 hours ago, kohli said:

3 over 47

Even kohli will not leak this much run.

He bowled badly in this match. Inexperience showed.

But it happens to the best in the business or experienced bowlers even. Plunkett  went at 17 runs per over in a previous match. Boult gave away 12 runs per over in that match. There are lots of such examples.

T20 is an unforgiving format for bowlers and even lower order batsmen.  The inexperienced are affected more.

IPL should be used to identify young bowling talent

.... for pacers,  check their action, run-up, pace, bounce, ability to move the ball, ability to bowl yorkers and bouncers etc.  

.... for spinners , check ther abilty to spin the ball, their googly doosra, the zip and bounce they are getting off the deck etc.

That is about it.

56 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This match was reduced to 12 overs when DD were bowling. There was a rain break, the field was wet and it was difficult for the bowlers to grip the ball or bowl yorkers.

He bowled badly in this match. Inexperience showed.

But it happens to the best in the business or experienced bowlers even. Plunkett  went at 17 runs per over in a previous match. Boult gave away 12 runs per over in that match. There are lots of such examples.

T20 is an unforgiving format for bowlers and even lower order batsmen.  The inexperienced are affected more.

IPL should be used to identify young bowling talent

.... for pacers,  check their action, run-up, pace, bounce, ability to move the ball, ability to bowl yorkers and bouncers etc.  

.... for spinners , check ther abilty to spin the ball, their googly doosra, the zip and bounce they are getting off the deck etc.

That is about it.

Yes ipl is a showcase one should spot the talent and appreciate it,as the format doesn't spare even the best 

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Yes ipl is a showcase one should spot the talent and appreciate it,as the format doesn't spare even the best 

52 minutes ago, Bilal78 said:

Avesh is fast but his captain needs to use him as his main weapon.

He is about 143-147 consistently which is very impressive and given that he can go up by 1 to 3 more kph he could be classed as a genuine out and out fast bowler.

Exactly. 

Talent is identified . Now it should be groomed properly and with extra attention to get the final product.

A really tall bouncy bowler bowling with genuine pace is rare from the subcontinent. ( We typically get quick pacers who are 5'8" to 6'1" range ...  Akram, Srinath, D.Fernando, Ishant and Md. Irfan  are exceptions  )

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

To be honest even Mavi is better than Avesh. A few kms slower but more accurate. I get the feeling that Avesh is content by just bowling quick, which would have worked until now but not at this level.

Bhai, all these guys have not even played international cricket yet. I feel both Mavi and Avesh have different strengths. While I feel Mavi is more Waqaresue in his approach, Avesh has more West Indian style in him. They are both going to complement each other and no need to judge either. 

As long as they bowl together and take heap loads of wickets, I dont care who is better than who.

14 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bhai, all these guys have not even played international cricket yet. I feel both Mavi and Avesh have different strengths. While I feel Mavi is more Waqaresue in his approach, Avesh has more West Indian style in him. They are both going to complement each other and no need to judge either. 

As long as they bowl together and take heap loads of wickets, I dont care who is better than who.

and has not played much domestic cricket too.

20 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Doesn’t have the X factor of Mavi. I maintain that the latter is the most talented fast bowler India has produced.

Different kinds of fast bowlers are needed to have a well rounded bowling attack.

Avesh is the tall,  bouncy and quick type ... Mavi is the short quick type who combines skiddiness and bounciness. 

Both have a lot of potential as international pacers and this variety is good.

Edited by express bowling

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/from-gumti-to-posh-hotel-avesh-khans-life-turns-around-at-full-pace-5380570/lite/

Avesh Khan is sitting in a posh hotel in Vadodara after a four- wicket haul against the visiting West Indies side in a warm-up game. On a pitch which welcomed batsmen with open arms, Avesh looked different.

9 minutes ago, tweaker said:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/from-gumti-to-posh-hotel-avesh-khans-life-turns-around-at-full-pace-5380570/lite/

Avesh Khan is sitting in a posh hotel in Vadodara after a four- wicket haul against the visiting West Indies side in a warm-up game. On a pitch which welcomed batsmen with open arms, Avesh looked different.

Tweaker!! what length was he hitting?? I have always thought he had length issues, short to short of length mostly.