KLR took his game to next level?

If someone can make a list of all the series where he was not picked due to injuries/fever etc then it will be really helpful.

As of now we see Kohli as the only reason why KLR is not where he should have been.

With that said, he seems to be really gifted and ideally should have been mainstay in all 3 formats by now. 

He is our only all format player after Kohli but he needs to cut risk out of his shot selection like Kohli if he has to solidify his spot in the team.I know the team has anti south bias and any failures by him will find him in the dog house for a long time.

KLR merits a place in the ODI n test squad n t20 as well for me, far far better then Rahane in ODi, he could be as good as Virat in ODI, far far better then Rohit, Dhawan in test and could be a complete player, in T20 he is superior to most Indian players as he doesn't eat up ball s n S/R is great.

7 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

He is our only all format player after Kohli but he needs to cut risk out of his shot selection like Kohli if he has to solidify his spot in the team.I know the team has anti south bias and any failures by him will find him in the dog house for a long time.

I clearly saw that in yesterday match....he has cut down on most of the risky shots in the initial part of his inninngs...

he went blisktzreg in last few over...

He couldn't win the match for the team. He should have planned his acceleration little better

5 hours ago, MCcricket said:

KLR merits a place in the ODI n test squad n t20 as well for me, far far better then Rahane in ODi, he could be as good as Virat in ODI, far far better then Rohit, Dhawan in test and could be a complete player, in T20 he is superior to most Indian players as he doesn't eat up ball s n S/R is great.

Nope in ODI Dhawan and Rohit are still too good, especially the former who I will rate as our best ODI batsman because apart from being consistently good he also lifts his game in ICC tournies (CT 2013, WC 2015, CT 2017 :adore:). Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli are immovable from top 3, maybe after 2019 WC we may try to make Rahul open the batting. As you said he is a much better option than Rahane in the middle order, just needs a continuous run. Our middle order rockstars like Rahane, Pandey, Jadhav, Karthik, Iyer, Dhoni etc give me a migraine, they will cost us 2019. No way does Rahul not deserve a spot ahead of these guys. 

In T20 Rahul is our 2nd best batsman behind the GOAT Kohli. Dhawan still hasn't mastered the art of T20 batting while Rohit is too inconsistent. Rahul's SR+Avg combo is out of the world, it was even better last year but somehow he couldn't get a continuous run in our T20 team, we played some very mediocre batsmen ahead of him. Unless you give a bright prospect 15-20 consecutive matches, you are only harming that player. You play him once, drop him for the next 3....how is he ever going to play freely? He will be confused, under immense pressure...how can you do that to a world class talent like Rahul, it's not like there are Husseys, Gayles and Baz's fighting for our spots, you have ordinary T20 players being given preferential treatment.