Avengers : Infinity war, Share your reviews of the movie. [spolier]

Scar

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not a big fan of gazillion super heroes trying to save the world. Saw it. There is nothing gripping about it.  You have to hate the villains to enjoy the super hero movies. You form a connection. This was mhe for me. Way too predictable. Frankly you cannot give any spoilers here. It is not artistic either. Apart from few lines nothing was memorable.  Movie completely depended on star power and special effects. Not a strong story.

Exactly, the only way I can enjoy a movie like this is if I am stoned, too bad I quit recently. I never liked the marvel movies except the first ironman, the first avengers ( due to novelty) and the spiderman homecoming one. Majority of the sheep don't even have their own opinions about stuff and easily get persuaded into liking trash like this.

On Wed May 09 2018 at 1:55 PM, Gollum said:

I love these kinda movies, jolly good fun. Agree with you about Harry Potter movies though. Even GOT is good but over rated IMO, I liked Rome and Vikings much more. 

GOT has never been the same after they ran out of book writing material and had to rely on their own imaginations most of the part.

You would notice that the show was fantastic till it was based on the 5 existing books but as soon as they went past dance with dragons ,the quality took a nosedive.

I mean look at that the last season. It was so cringy and full of plot holes that I lost my interest in the half way and took about a whole year to finish the entire season. Sure there were some great action scenes but apart from that it had absolutely nothing to offer and even the acting felt like forced.

Same goes for Harry Potter. They were really good till the first 3 movies.4th one was okayish too but the moment David Yates took charge, it all went downhill after that. Now compare those to books which are masterpieces in themselves.

Rome is personal favorite. Pity we only had two seasons.

57 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Can Dark Knight trilogy be included in the superhero genre?

Yup and indeed the clincher for me in the endless DC vs Marvel movies debates. People can rave about Marvel Universe and praise it to the skies but DC has given Nolan's trilogy, V for Vendetta, Watchmen and Wonder Woman. Ofc there's lots of * too but each of these 6 movies beats the * out of Marvel's best. 

1 hour ago, kira said:

So you mean to say sallu bhai's movies aren't bad :hysterical: What a fallacious logic, appeal to popularity fallacy

Market and people's choice dictates what is good and what is bad. I would stick out my neck and say bajrangi bhaijaan was better than lunch box. 

For every shwashank redemption there is fast and furious. You can't really dictate what's good and what's bad. It's totally subjective and varies from person to person when it comes to film. What is bad though is judging people's choice among movies. We all can enjoy whatever movie we want and not land us in imbroglio reg our acquired taste. 

It's not like we will save the world by loving Dunkirk more than 50 first dates. 

So again, out of 100 people if 60 are finding the movie good, it's not a statement on other critically acclaimed movies but just that they find the movie entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Can Dark Knight trilogy be included in the superhero genre?

I reckon, Dark Knight was more of a crime thriller than a superhero movie. The reason for its immense success has been it's character transcending mere superhero aura and having vary organic human characteristics. 

Only marvel movie I think which had same vibe where superhero bit took backseat was iron man 3 although it doesn't hold a candle against the trilogy. 

53 minutes ago, Scar said:

You can't really dictate what's good and what's bad. It's totally subjective and varies from person to person when it comes to film.

Wrong, good and bad is not subjective, people's like and dislike are subjective, a movie may not be good but if a lot of people find it entertaining then it will do great business. A movie's quality is decided by the quality of the script/story, the depth of characters, the quality of acting, direction etc all of which are objective parameters but it doesn't mean a movie which scores highly on these objective points will be popular since most people are simply going to the movies to be entertained, so even if a movie is bad but if most people enjoy it then it will be successful, so success isn't the right criteria to judge a movie. 

I don't even mind such movies since the main goal of a movie is to entertain and that's why such movies are made in the first place but it doesn't mean we should overlook other criteria while judging a movie.  A fast and furious may be more successful than a shawshank redemption but you can't ignore the fact that a shawshank redemption is qualitatively a much superior movie to a fast and furious. We are discussing the quality of the movie here and not the popularity, so I disagree with your premise that if most people like a movie then it's automatically good.

I reckon, Dark Knight was more of a crime thriller than a superhero movie. The reason for its immense success has been it's character transcending mere superhero aura and having vary organic human characteristics. 

Only marvel movie I think which had same vibe where superhero bit took backseat was iron man 3 although it doesn't hold a candle against the trilogy. 

The more I watch TDK, the more I dislike it. Batman Begins is THE batman movie.

2 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

The more I watch TDK, the more I dislike it. Batman Begins is THE batman movie.

Of course you dislike TDK :biggrin:, it takes great intellect to appreciate art, that's why marvel is cashing in on simpletons like you by making kiddish movies lacking any imagination or direction

21 minutes ago, kira said:

Of course you dislike TDK :biggrin:, it takes great intellect to appreciate art, that's why marvel is cashing in on simpletons like you by making kiddish movies lacking any imagination or direction

you sound like rick and morty fan 

Guys, we have a movie expert here.

If you call TDK ‘art’ then....

3 hours ago, kira said:

Wrong, good and bad is not subjective, people's like and dislike are subjective, a movie may not be good but if a lot of people find it entertaining then it will do great business. A movie's quality is decided by the quality of the script/story, the depth of characters, the quality of acting, direction etc all of which are objective parameters but it doesn't mean a movie which scores highly on these objective points will be popular since most people are simply going to the movies to be entertained, so even if a movie is bad but if most people enjoy it then it will be successful, so success isn't the right criteria to judge a movie. 

I don't even mind such movies since the main goal of a movie is to entertain and that's why such movies are made in the first place but it doesn't mean we should overlook other criteria while judging a movie.  A fast and furious may be more successful than a shawshank redemption but you can't ignore the fact that a shawshank redemption is qualitatively a much superior movie to a fast and furious. We are discussing the quality of the movie here and not the popularity, so I disagree with your premise that if most people like a movie then it's automatically goo

Pray tell us, how an entertaining movie isn't a good movie? 

Again, you went on a tangent here and missed the crux of the argument. Good movie doesn't equate to critically acclaimed masterpiece. A movie can be good to amazing under it's own frame and not in relative sense. 

And what defines quality btw? Amount of work done in making CGI fest is way more than making a gritty flicks for the esoteric ones. Infinity war has 8.9/10 · IMDb and 84% · Rotten Tomatoes rating. 

Along with critics upholding the movie as good, I would it's quality is better than many other movies. 

29 minutes ago, Scar said:

Pray tell us, how an entertaining movie isn't a good movie? 

Again, you went on a tangent here and missed the crux of the argument. Good movie doesn't equate to critically acclaimed masterpiece. A movie can be good to amazing under it's own frame and not in relative sense. 

And what defines quality btw? Amount of work done in making CGI fest is way more than making a gritty flicks for the esoteric ones. Infinity war has 8.9/10 · IMDb and 84% · Rotten Tomatoes rating. 

Along with critics upholding the movie as good, I would it's quality is better than many other movies. 

Justin Bieber is more famous and successful than Johnny Cash. But no one in their right mind would put them together in a same sentence for comparison. One was a legend and other is a no talent jackass who nobdoy takes seriously except some moronic teenage girls.

Now tell me whose music is quality, Bieber's or Cash's? 

Apply the same logic to Atif Aslam Nusrat Ali khan comparison.

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Stradlater said:

Justin Bieber is more famous and successful than Johnny Cash. But no one in their right mind would put them together in a same sentence for comparison. One was a legend and other is a no talent jackass who nobdoy takes seriously except some moronic teenage girls.

Now tell me whose music is quality, Bieber's or Cash's? 

Apply the same logic to Atif Aslam Nusrat Ali khan comparison.

A bad analogy, because you assumed that those who like Justin Bieber, don't like Johnny cash. See this is where I must oppugn this chain of thoughts, liking something 'supposedly' inferior product doesn't automatically pitch you against other 'better' product. World has enough space for varied taste around the world, without people being disparaging about other's choice of taste. This gaffe by esoterics reeks of parochial outlook towards overall gamut of movies/entertainment. 

While I understand that you can't really assuage anyone's cognitive dissension but quality is really subjective because of many factors pertaining to it. 

1. Lack of foreign language understanding, gangs of wasseypur was probably one of the best movie to come out of bollywood and yet it will be considered to be just another raucous movie by cavalier non-hindi audience. 

2. Different age groups have different tastes. Teenagers prefer EDM over songs, for them Nusrat ali khan is trash and for aged ones EDM are trash. It's their choice against another, how can you objectively ascertain whose taste is better?

For the sake of brevity, people liking something in the field of art/films/songs (speaking specifically of such innocuous fields)  means it's entertaining, any entertainment which pleases the public is good. Good doesn't mean critical acclamation and every good is celebrated by it's own audience however diminutive it may be, without giving two hoots to aberrant quality underfooted by truculent movie connoisseurs.  

Edited by Scar

9 hours ago, Scar said:

A bad analogy, because you assumed that those who like Justin Bieber, don't like Johnny cash. See this is where I must oppugn this chain of thoughts, liking something 'supposedly' inferior product doesn't automatically pitch you against other 'better' product. World has enough space for varied taste around the world, without people being disparaging about other's choice of taste. This gaffe by esoterics reeks of parochial outlook towards overall gamut of movies/entertainment. 

While I understand that you can't really assuage anyone's cognitive dissension but quality is really subjective because of many factors pertaining to it. 

1. Lack of foreign language understanding, gangs of wasseypur was probably one of the best movie to come out of bollywood and yet it will be considered to be just another raucous movie by cavalier non-hindi audience. 

2. Different age groups have different tastes. Teenagers prefer EDM over songs, for them Nusrat ali khan is trash and for aged ones EDM are trash. It's their choice against another, how can you objectively ascertain whose taste is better?

For the sake of brevity, people liking something in the field of art/films/songs (speaking specifically of such innocuous fields)  means it's entertaining, any entertainment which pleases the public is good. Good doesn't mean critical acclamation and every good is celebrated by it's own audience however diminutive it may be, without giving two hoots to aberrant quality underfooted by truculent movie connoisseurs.  

You keep missing the point. It's not about likes and dislikes, it's about quality. Bieber's music would never be put in the same category as Cash's for the simple reason that it's an inferior product preferred mostly by brainless teenage girls. Another comparison that could be made is between Twilight series and Harry Potter. Both sets of novels were targeted at similar audience and both went on to become quite successful too. But those who have read them would be able to tell you that there's gulf of difference in terms of every literary parameter imaginable between the two series even though both were the bestsellers. That's why we have critics. No matter how many fancy words you use but a certain Godfather would always remain a better made movie than Shootout at Lokhandwala even though many rickshawalas might prefer the latter.

1. Wrong again. GOW is extremely famous amongst non Hindi film connoisseurs so much so that Martin Scorsese himself wrote a letter to Anurag Kashyap admiring this gem of a film. Quality transcends languages and cultures. Ravishankar single handedly turned Indian classical music from a local taste to an international phenomena even though Bollywood music is perhaps more popular in India.

2. Again massive generalization on your part. I as a teenager couldn't appreciate Rafi and Nusrat as much I do now but never I objected their status as the greatest singers to come out of subcontinent or called them trash and there are many more like me. Not every teenager is dumb enough to equate Nusrat to Himesh. At least I wasn't maybe you were but I don't hold that against you.

If any entertaining thing that pleases public is good than those short 'not so funny' Whatsapp videos which Indians love to watch would have been winning accolades at the international stage and not just remain confined in our bedrooms.

Don't trivialize art by equating with everyday regular sh!t.

27 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

You keep missing the point. It's not about likes and dislikes, it's about quality. Bieber's music would never be put in the same category as Cash's for the simple reason that it's an inferior product preferred mostly by brainless teenage girls. Another comparison that could be made is between Twilight series and Harry Potter. Both sets of novels were targeted at similar audience and both went on to become quite successful too. But those who have read them would be able to tell you that there's gulf of difference in terms of every literary parameter imaginable between the two series even though both were the bestsellers. That's why we have critics. No matter how many fancy words you use but a certain Godfather would always remain a better made movie than Shootout at Lokhandwala even though many rickshawalas might prefer the latter.

1. Wrong again. GOW is extremely famous amongst non Hindi film connoisseurs so much so that Martin Scorsese himself wrote a letter to Anurag Kashyap admiring this gem of a film. Quality transcends languages and cultures. Ravishankar single handedly turned Indian classical music from a local taste to an international phenomena even though Bollywood music is perhaps more popular in India.

2. Again massive generalization on your part. I as a teenager couldn't appreciate Rafi and Nusrat as much I do now but never I objected their status as the greatest singers to come out of subcontinent or called them trash and there are many more like me. Not every teenager is dumb enough to equate Nusrat to Himesh. At least I wasn't maybe you were but I don't hold that against you.

If any entertaining thing that pleases public is good than those short 'not so funny' Whatsapp videos which Indians love to watch would have been winning accolades at the international stage and not just remain confined in our bedrooms.

Don't trivialize art by equating with everyday regular sh!t.

Is it that hard to understand that movie can be good under it's own frame and not in relative terms. 

Gangs of wasseypur is good but compared to godfather it's low quality movie, doesn't make the movie itself trash. Justin Bieber is bad but compared to alizee whom I can't understand, I will find justin Bieber better. 

1. That doesn't negate my point. 

"yet it will be considered to be just another raucous movie by cavalier non-hindi audience."

Your average Joe hasn't developed a pitch of intelligence to bother about watching a movie along with understanding the nuances specific to Indian culture. Of course, there will be some who would like it but that's niche audience and reason why GOW owing to it's foreign language couldn't penetrate panning over the globe and relatively unknown commodity in film circles overall. 

2. You just reinforced my point, a teenager thinking Nusrat ali khan is trash compared to his/her hip songs and EDM, would be frowned upon because of having an opinion contrary to popularist perception. Why this should be held against the teenager who think Nusrat sang for the oldies and not the metal music he crave for. Why should he be called out dumb to prefer the music he likes over what you think is better?

Point raised : people can call something they like good without another one telling how bad it is and  go on cribbing about it's quality compared to 'insert anything they like'. What's the counter point? 

Again, bad example of whatsapp video. :facepalm:

La première, these videos go on YouTube and garner millions of views. They go viral and people enjoy it. They are good for temporary happiness they give to people. But as per you we shouldn't watch them because they are of inferior quality? 

La Deuxième, I am failing to see the purpose of this plug-in in your post for I specifically said entertainment in the field of art/films/music and even if I take this point for bite then next what? Will you be calling a toddler an imbecile who prefer to listening to his/her mum's lullaby over Nusrat ali khan? 

* People can appreciate Justin Bieber while also enjoying the soulful music of Nusrat ji. Again, liking something doesn't pit you against another. 

* Someday, when I am down and feeling sad, I would prefer an Adam Sandler movie over Schindler's list. Will I be judged for that? 

And btw, completely off topic because that's not the intention of the post. How would you objectively ascertain Nusrat ji music is better than Justin beiber's music? 

I am interested to know how can you objectively analyze quality of music? and don't say ask anyone or it's common understanding. 

Footnote : I never compared the quality of art to start with, it's people here throwing conniptions because avengers is lapped up worldwide as an amazing movie. 

It was such a blur of action for me, I need to watch it again. 

The whole plot point of balance having to be created by eliminating life is an interesting point of discussion. It is the back story behind the destruction of Krypton also.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:28 AM, velu said:

nah .. your superheroes are ahead of us now :phehe:

1320091440_singham_bollywood_action_scen

Only good thing there the slow mo step out from car is a bad arse Bruce Willis move from one of his b grade flicks, copied ofcourse. Indian movies can't be original most times.