Highest average speed in test cricket since 2010

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

exactly, its not believable that the guy averaged 137 -138 career long. Shami did Hazel did not.

Shami and hazlewood are similar stories Pace wise. Both were not consistently fast before. Shami started hitting 145 only after his come back from injury in 2017. He was 135-142k bowler before that. While hazlewood has always been fast as a teenager but would more often  bowl within himself so people developed a perception that he isn't fast. Hazlewood was hitting 144kph at the age of 19. He was the fastest bowler in 2010 u19 WC.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Shami and hazlewood are similar stories Pace wise. Both were not consistently fast before. Shami started hitting 145 only after his come back from injury in 2017. He was 135-142k bowler before that. While hazlewood has always been fast as a teenager but would more often  bowl within himself so people developed a perception that he isn't fast. Hazlewood was hitting 144kph at the age of 19. He was the fastest bowler in 2010 u19 WC.

nope. From what i have seen Hazelwood trundles many times..around 130 -132. Could hit peak speed but Shami is definitely faster, this stat is not dependable.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

So does shami who also bowls 132-134 in spells. It all evens out. Hazlewood was consistently 87-88 mph in the second ashes test that I watched with a peak speed of 91 mph.

one test does not make Hazelwood 138 average after he trundled at 132 many times..basically..its not convincing however you try.

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

one test does not make Hazelwood 138 average after he trundled at 132 many times..basically..its not convincing however you try.

because then he hits 138-145 spell as well. Shami also bowls 132 then how he is showing 138 average.

Lol where is Bhumrah?:cantstop: What happened to Shami the phast bowler? :cantstop:

Indians are now seeing the reality of their phast bowlers. :cantstop:

I bet Gabriel to beat all of them in the future cuz he is so fast. 

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

nope sorry, shami is faster..it evident to everyone except you basically.

No, it is your bias who is seeing faster spells Shami and slower spells of Hazlewood and overlooking the reverse as this data is since 2010 and Shami has been fast only since England tour 2017. Hew was not fast before that.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Pretty sure I have seen Shami bowling quick pre 2017. As a matter, if my memory serves right, Shami touched 150 pre 2017. Have always considered Hazelwood a dibbly dobbly bowler. Its only recently I saw he bowled a few quick deliveries. Never considered Hazelwood to be fast medium, always a medium pace bowler.

Hazlewood is fast since U19 days. Already mentioned once, he was the fast bowler bowler in U19 wc 2010.  Only that he tries to emulate McGrath and bowls slower on purpose at times, not always.  As I said before, it is just a perception that has built up about Hazlewood being a trundler because people always talk about him being like McGrath while he can be as quick as most bowlers around. 

You can his speeds i posted on India tour.  Averages 85 mph with quickest over 90 mph.  Regarding Shami, his speeds increased since 2017 once he improved his during off time he had when he underwent the knee surgery after 2015 WC. During that time, he worked on his runup and gained more pace.  Shami did not hit 150 before 2017.  I dont he hit even 145 as consistently before and was more in 135/142k bowler but i know he could bowl quicker if he improved his runup which he did and result was gain in pace.

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Pretty sure I have seen Shami bowling quick pre 2017. As a matter, if my memory serves right, Shami touched 150 pre 2017. Have always considered Hazelwood a dibbly dobbly bowler. Its only recently I saw he bowled a few quick deliveries. Never considered Hazelwood to be fast medium, always a medium pace bowler.

Not even fast medium, but just medium!

Hazlewood has hit 150 kph mark. Fast bowlers should hit 180 then.

9 hours ago, Lala said:

Lol where is Bhumrah?:cantstop: What happened to Shami the phast bowler? :cantstop:

Indians are now seeing the reality of their phast bowlers. :cantstop:

I bet Gabriel to beat all of them in the future cuz he is so fast. 

have some comprehension skill. There are already two of them there amoung fastest. Bumrah has played less then 10, Aaron has played less than 10. All you guys have an an entry is Wahab lol..he could bowl 160 average with his ability and it will still be ok for opposition..

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

i think the same. Have seen multiple spells from Hazel at 132-135 he operates in that speed , have seen quick balls till 146 from him but does not average at 138+ and seam the ball at pace, relies more on channel. 

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Evident without evidence?

buddy in your own forum there is a poster called Express bowling, he had anthologised every Indian test from 2015 onwards , go check that post. See what Shami's pace and average has been for your self. There is evidence plastered everywhere, its not difficult to find completed games for Haxzelwood either. He is medium pacer, like Bhuvkumar. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

buddy in your own forum there is a poster called Express bowling, he had anthologised every Indian test from 2015 onwards , go check that post. See what Shami's pace and average has been for your self. There is evidence plastered everywhere, its not difficult to find completed games for Haxzelwood either. He is medium pacer, like Bhuvkumar. 

And what's the point of saying that? It will show that Shami bowls at avg pace higher than 138? You don't need to check any thread to say that figures in OP don't look low for Shami.

Questions are being raised about Hazelwood and he was averaging 140+ with top speed of 150+ in Ashes. When was the last time BhuvKumar averaged 140 in any spell?

57 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

And what's the point of saying that? It will show that Shami bowls at avg pace higher than 138? You don't need to check any thread to say that figures in OP don't look low for Shami

it will show what pace one needs to bowl consistently to average at around 138 which shami is doing, which with a cursory look at Hazel's spells in a few tests would give you the relevant info that he might not be doing.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

it will show what pace one needs to bowl consistently to average at around 138 which shami is doing, which with a cursory look at Hazel's spells in a few tests would give you the relevant info that he might not be doing.

image.png

Avg speed - 86.8

Fastest ball - 95.3

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/42287181

Yes, that's BhuvKumar level medium pace bowling.

49 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

image.png

Avg speed - 86.8

Fastest ball - 95.3

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/42287181

Yes, that's BhuvKumar level medium pace bowling.

lol ofcourse we can not cherry pick with Waca game if we want to be objective. may be we can look at SC/UAE even SA where many games are held. I am not contesting Hazelwoods peak speeeds just his average above Shami for all his international matches considered seems very off, understandably so since it is not.