Arjun Tendulkar trains with Team India, gets tips from Shastri

19 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

What is your opinion on Sachin sifarishing Shastri for the coach post? Just curious.

Sachin is not related to Sashtri so that one has to be friend angle even more difficult but you are on to something Sachin seems to be on a roll. The guy just goes on and on the MP fiasco the ferrari tax evasion then these.. 

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Your father must have spent money on your education. All capable fathers do. They give donation to get their children best colleges. Is this nepotism? You can't define everything as nepotism. Nepotism would be is tendulkar is a selector or holds a BCCI post and selects his son. Tendulkar taking his son to England and getting him into club cricket isnt nepotism. 

OK so spending money on education is to attain a resource which is for sale. Getting approbation and trading favors to get ahead is sub-optimization of a system.unless you are saying Sachin payed people to get his ward to bowl at English international players.. That some how sounds even worse. Anyways. 

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

OK so spending money on education is to attain a resource which is for sale. Getting approbation and trading favors to get ahead is sub-optimization of a system.unless you are saying Sachin payed people to get his ward to bowl at English international players.. That some how sounds even worse. Anyways. 

what favors did he get? bowling to English international players is not a favor. Being attached to club cricket in London made him bowl to England as a net bowler like many other net bowlers also do.   How it is getting favor? Was Arjun the only net bowler to bowl to England? No, but his became news because he is a Tendulkar and if he was not a tendulkar but a a tondulkar and would have bowled to England, no one would have cared like those many others who bowled to England as net bowlers. And it also shows Arjun is working hard. If Sachin needed favor and use his influence, Arjun would not have to bowl in the nets like many other random net bowlers do and he could get Arjun selected for state and national teams without any hard work without all these hooplas.    

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

But really for a kid to be able to train with team India because he is his father's son is definition of nepotism.

Abey yaar, he did not train with Indian team. he just bowled there as a net bowler like many other net bowlers do.  As i said every year they spend their summers in London where they have a house and Arjun plays for clubs in London. Indian team went to London for practice, he went there and bowled as a net bowler. Many other local club bowlers would have bowled there too. There is nothing nepotistic about this.

33 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Sachin is not related to Sashtri so that one has to be friend angle even more difficult but you are on to something Sachin seems to be on a roll. The guy just goes on and on the MP fiasco the ferrari tax evasion then these.. 

and Sachin did not do any sifarish as Shastri  had to be selected anyway because Kohli wanted him.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Abey yaar, he did not train with Indian team. he just bowled there as a net bowler like many other net bowlers do.  As i said every year they spend their summers in London where they have a house and Arjun plays for clubs in London. Indian team went to London for practice, he went there and bowled as a net bowler. Many other local club bowlers would have bowled there too. There is nothing nepotistic about this.

Well tell that to the op and toi maan it says trained with team India it is what it is.. Unfortunately 

45 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Your father must have spent money on your education. All capable fathers do. They give donation to get their children best colleges. Is this nepotism? You can't define everything as nepotism. Nepotism would be is tendulkar is a selector or holds a BCCI post and selects his son. Tendulkar taking his son to England and getting him into club cricket isnt nepotism. 

First things first ,he got into U19 team just on the back of commendable performance in Cooch Bihar trophy,doesnt suggest either that he will be an automatic certainity in wc u19 xi,because he will be well over 19 by then,he did well ,got the reward ,had it been a case of Nepotism Arjun might have featured in the recent Under 19 wc team..

He himself admitted that he suggested his name.. At least that what the news items at that time said. If you are going to call it fake news I can't help it. 
You know, Sachin always wants to take credit for stuff in Indian cricket even if he do it for attention
For example, if somehow KL rahul manages to cement his place in Playing XI, Sachin will try to take credit of "spotting and backing KL" even if he actually didn't have any role in that.
I have stopped taking Sachin seriously now.
That guy is suffering from a serious case of post fame disorder.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

He himself admitted that he suggested his name.. At least that what the news items at that time said. If you are going to call it fake news I can't help it. 

No, he did not. he only said he asked Shastri to apply for the post.

You know, Sachin always wants to take credit for stuff in Indian cricket even if he hand no hand in it for attention
For example, if somehow KL rahul manages to cement his place in Playing XI, Sachin will try to take credit of "spotting and backing KL" even if he actually didn't have any role in that.
I have stopped taking Sachin seriously now.
That guy is suffering from a serious case of post fame disorder.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Well tell that to the op and toi maan it says trained with team India it is what it is.. Unfortunately 

TOI can use any word they want, it does not change anything or make it nepotism. Recently, 5-6 uncapped bowlers went to SA to bowl in the nets of team India. Why such preference and favor to those and not the thousands other more deserving players? 

52 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

TOI can use any word they want, it does not change anything or make it nepotism. Recently, 5-6 uncapped bowlers went to SA to bowl in the nets of team India. Why such preference and favor to those and not the thousands other more deserving players? 

Must be nepotism. I think you haven't understood the concept. Let me explain better.

Its the same reason, you know, why the earth rotates around the sun and why Kangana Ranaut has shiny hair. Nepotism is the new '42'. It is basically the answer to everything. 

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Uncapped bowlers m you mean ankit rajput etc ? You are equating them to Arjun Tendulkar ? Lol so in your mind Arjun Tendulkar is the same as proven Ranji performers ? Lol i have nothing to say.

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

I can understand evryones concept that anyone can bowl at the nets. That is all good. But does Shastri gives tips to everyone and talks to all of them. Most likely not. This has everything to do with the last name Tendulkar.

That is the trading favors bit. Get Shastri to apply select him as coach. When the time comes call him for favors, be has to comply if he is grateful which he would be. Very poor oversall

Edited by Vilander
6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Must be nepotism. I think you haven't understood the concept. Let me explain better.

Its the same reason, you know, why the earth rotates around the sun and why Kangana Ranaut has shiny hair. Nepotism is the new '42'. It is basically the answer to everything. 

1. The quartet includes Hyderabad's Siraj, MP's Avesh, Saini of Delhi and Kerala's Thampi
  2. All these bowlers are capable of hitting the mid 140s and have performed at the Ranji, IPL and India A level

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/india-in-south-africa/four-rookies-to-travel-with-team-india-to-sa-as-net-pacers/amp_articleshow/62025135.cms