Dhawan's lackadaisical attitude and Rohit's dot ball problem

Just now, rkt.india said:

So? that does not mean he is not an ODI great.

Over the entirety of his career, but also depending on how he ends it, he's been more hype & less substance. He performed in 1 game in the 2015 WC, against Bangers, 2013 CT Dhawan massively outperformed him & again in 2017 CT he was found wanting in the finals against swing.

To put it simply, it depends on your definition of great. He's getting there but I remember more failures in KO games than I'd like to count.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Three double 100s as an opener, average of 50 plus. @Switchblade anyone with those stats will be a great.

"A great opener" at the cost of screwing team.Freaking pointless.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

I dont think his attitude is careless. He bats positively.  Some days it works, some days it does not. People can never be happy.  You cant have all batting like Rohit and Kohli. You need at least one opener who is looking to score quickly, hit boundaries, making use of the PP.  

Rohit and Kohli don't bat the same way. Rohit is far too slower and intentionally so. Kohli at times is bit more defensive but mostly when he is struggling a bit. Rohit is either selfish or brainless to play the same way no matter pitch, conditions, bowlers etc..

Over the entirety of his career, but also depending on how he ends it, he's been more hype & less substance. He performed in 1 game in the 2015 WC, against Bangers, 2013 CT Dhawan massively outperformed him & again in 2017 CT he was found wanting in the finals against swing.

To put it simply, it depends on your definition of great. He's getting there but I remember more failures in KO games than I'd like to count.
One of my acquitances once labelled him as Januedhari Vinod Kambli
But even Vinod was way better than him.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

cool down... did you see prithwi's batting technique...? boy doesnt move his feet. he will be found out like Sehwag in swinging conditions. these kind of mistakes need to be corrected before he is 23-24, otherwise another Sehwag, Ganguly in the making - brilliant batsman but falls short of Tier-1 genius because of a glaring technical deficiency...

LOL . Another Sehwag? Then get him even more fast into the team. Any team would pay to have a batsman like Sehwag.

2 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Flat wickets weak bowling attack apart from Australia has failed in South African conditions except that century in Port Elizabeth and even in New Zealand he failed.Stats can be misleading he is an over rated player boosted his stats by playing on flat pitches.

not every batsman succeeds everywhere. Ponting is failure in India, Dravid in SA. they are still greats.

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

"A great opener" at the cost of screwing team.Freaking pointless.

Rohit and Kohli don't bat the same way. Rohit is far too slower and intentionally so. Kohli at times is bit more defensive but mostly when he is struggling a bit. Rohit is either selfish or brainless to play the same way no matter pitch, conditions, bowlers etc..

If Kohli opens, he will bat very similar to Rohit and no Rohit bats according to the pitch. Both pitches in last two games were tough to bat on at the start. Otherwise, he batted fine in 3rd T20 and first ODI.

Edited by rkt.india
not every batsman succeeds everywhere. Ponting is failure in India, Dravid in SA. they are still greats.
Its Mind Boggling the hate Rohit gets.He and Kohli have carried indian batting after world cup 15.Top Three Are always under pressure due to non existent middle order.
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

If Kohli opens, he will bat very similar to Rohit and no Rohit bats according to the pitch. Both pitches in last two games were tough to bat on at the start. Otherwise, he batted fine in 3rd T20 and first ODI.

Disagree Kohli has a completely different intent even when there is something in the pitch. Rohit tends to just deadbat and not look to impose himself on the bowlers when it's seaming. Now I wouldn't drop him but there must be an onus to be more proactive when conditions are not in favour of batting.