Mad respect to Indian bowlers

Gollum

We've got a very strong bowling line up for all conditions and all these performance this series have come when 3 of our frontline pacers were out injured.

We've got a poll of 5 pacers having variety ,2-3 good spinners so we've got most bases covered,just need a left arm pacer and a couple of swing bowlers.

Under kohli as I've mentioned before ,our bowling have evolved well and they feel confident as a bowling unit ,we are now regularly picking 20 wkts every test match away from home which was like a dream in earlier away tours 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

54/0 to 161 AO...all 10 wickets falling in 1 session. Tell me how many previous Indian teams were capable of such a feat? Stats show we are the best since 2015, we have seen them pull it off repeatedly before our eyes, how long are we going to stay in denial? Isn't it an occasion to celebrate that we are ICC world no 1 on the back of bowlers? Once upon a time our bowlers were a laughing stock, now they are a terror to all batsmen...scoring against them actually means a lot to the very best. Shed the negativity, inferiority complex and bask in their light ICFers. Garv se kaho Bharatiya gendbaaz awwal number par hain, itihaas  ke sarvashresht gendbaazon mein gine jaane ki kabiliyat rakhte hain. :isalute:They will continue to improve, wait and watch.

We actually bowled very badly in the first 10 overs. Champion bowlers hit their stride immediately. Shami and Ishant are not consistent enough. We were in serious danger of throwing away the initiative unless Hardik produced that spell. There is a severe gap in consistency between Bhuvi-Bumrah and the likes of Ishant-Umesh (and increasingly even Shami). Don't get me wrong, we are getting better. We are still not where we should be - guaranteed disciplined start every time. May be guys like Siraj or Rajpoot can fill those gaps. Test match bowling is about good disciplined bowling in the channel. It is not about trying magic balls and spraying it all around. 

1 minute ago, Samcric said:

We actually bowled very badly in the first 10 overs. Champion bowlers hit their stride immediately. Shami and Ishant are not consistent enough. We were in serious danger of throwing away the initiative unless Hardik produced that spell. There is a severe gap in consistency between Bhuvi-Bumrah and the likes of Ishant-Umesh (and increasingly even Shami). Don't get me wrong, we are getting better. We are still not where we should be - guaranteed disciplined start every time. May be guys like Siraj or Rajpoot can fill those gaps. Test match bowling is about good disciplined bowling in the channel. It is not about trying magic balls and spraying it all around. 

This attack is unconventional. They look listless for periods of time, then suddenly bowl a few unplayable ones, many magic deliveries and dismiss the batsmen..LOL it's funny but gets the job done. Reminds me of the great Pak attack of the past...not consistent or disciplined but had the ability to bowl wicket taking deliveries all of a sudden and run away with the match. We are relentless in Asia and somehow get the job done in our own unique way in overseas conditions...overall a great package and the best we have ever had, I mean look at the depth. In the 80s, 90s or 2000s injuries to our main bowlers would have meant carnage...here we still have resources to continue the fight. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

This attack is unconventional. They look listless for periods of time, then suddenly bowl a few unplayable ones, many magic deliveries and dismiss the batsmen..LOL it's funny but gets the job done. Reminds me of the great Pak attack of the past...not consistent or disciplined but had the ability to bowl wicket taking deliveries all of a sudden and run away with the match. We are relentless in Asia and somehow get the job done in our own unique way in overseas conditions...overall a great package and the best we have ever had, I mean look at the depth. In the 80s, 90s or 2000s injuries to our main bowlers would have meant carnage...here we still have resources to continue the fight. 

Ishant is untrustworthy. Shami despite bowls with heart is more suited for abrasive surfaces where his reverse comes into play. Here you need bowlers who can float the ball up and let it swing both ways. Umesh could be one. But his lack of accuracy makes him unreliable as well. They have to keep Siraj/Chahar/Gurbani in the radar to use the swinging conditions. Bhuvi can chip in.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Zak/RP/Sreesanth had bowled at their best against this current English line up in these conditions England wouldn't have crossed 120 in any of the innings.

'All at their best' is a very convenient choice of weapon.

If Bhuvi/Bumrah/Shami/Pandey had bowled at their best this line up wouldn't have crossed 80. If Srinath/Venky were at their best max 140, if Wasim/Waqar/Shoaib at their best max 60...you get the picture?

Rarely are all the bowlers at their best at the same time. Every match a couple have great outings, 1 has a stinker and 1 doesn't really threaten. You have to look at the overall picture. Even when it came to Kumble-Bhajji they were hardly ever at their best the same time. If all bowling attacks have all bowlers firing at the same time batsmen will have no place to hide, even a Lanka will appear unbeatable. The Kohlis and Smiths always give due respect to the best bowlers and milk others, even the greatest batsmen are wise enough to target the weak links to get their runs.

On a given day this attack will outperform our 2007-2010 attack handily with a 90% success rate, literally no comparison. And not talking about injury..the moment you take out Zak from that attack it is Bangladesh level. Take out this team's best 2 bowlers and still they will be competitive. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

'All at their best' is a very convenient choice of weapon.

If Bhuvi/Bumrah/Shami/Pandey had bowled at their best this line up wouldn't have crossed 80. If Srinath/Venky were at their best max 140, if Wasim/Waqar/Shoaib at their best max 60...you get the picture?

Rarely are all the bowlers at their best at the same time. Every match a couple have great outings, 1 has a stinker and 1 doesn't really threaten. You have to look at the overall picture. Even when it came to Kumble-Bhajji they were hardly ever at their best the same time. If all bowling attacks have all bowlers firing at the same time batsmen will have no place to hide, even a Lanka will appear unbeatable. The Kohlis and Smiths always give due respect to the best bowlers and milk others, even the greatest batsmen are wise enough to target the weak links to get their runs.

On a given day this attack will outperform our 2007-2010 attack handily with a 90% success rate, literally no comparison. And not talking about injury..the moment you take out Zak from that attack it is Bangladesh level. Take out this team's best 2 bowlers and still they will be competitive. 

I said to highlight how swing bowlers are important there in England. Whenever there is a bit of swinging conditions you can roll over the side in a jiffy. But you need bowlers to exploit it. Even otherwise swing bowlers with duke balls will always be in the business. Bhuvi despite an accurate swing bowler is not in the class of Zak. Ishant back of the length bowler. Shami is more good with reverse than conventional swing. Pandya is also a back of the length bowler except maybe today. If we go with a line up that suits the conditions better we don't have to depend on magic deliveries. 

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I said to highlight how swing bowlers are important there in England. Whenever there is a bit of swinging conditions you can roll over the side in a jiffy. But you need bowlers to exploit it. Even otherwise swing bowlers with duke balls will always be in the business. Bhuvi despite an accurate swing bowler is not in the class of Zak. Ishant back of the length bowler. Shami is more good with reverse than conventional swing. Pandya is also a back of the length bowler except maybe today. If we go with a line up that suits the conditions better we don't have to depend on magic deliveries. 

I'd say Bhuvi in English conditions is as good as Zak. He's as good as the best in the business. Ofc Zak trumps him everywhere else including reverse swing but we have Shami in that department. We are really missing Bhuvi this time:sad_smile:.

Sreesanth is a seam bowler and he is a headcase. RP Singh had a good 18 months that's it, though he could swing it in that brief period of time. They are anyway weak compared to the current bunch. I back post 2014 Ishant to do better than either of their prime versions even in swinging conditions. 

Edited by Gollum

They lack consistency and the mental toughness to stick with their length if they get hit a bit. The moment Shami came back and bowled the right line and length , you could sense that England were gonna struggle. Pandya, toox was spot on from ball one. If they find that consistency that English seamers showed, they would be lethal as a group. They are quicker and bowl better bouncers. Also Kohli should be patient and not so stupid like setting a legside plan for bairstow when he was clearly struggling outside off stump. I mean what the hell was that?